Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Cameras from Lazada Thailand

The Sly Fox

I've been looking at camera prices on lazada site. However there are a couple things I don't understand. One is warranty. Some cameras are listed as having 1 year warranty and others state "no warranty". These are high priced upmarket cameras, Fujifilm digitals priced around 40,000 Bt. And Leica compacts around 40,000-50,000 Bt. So why are some without warranty? Surely they have the standard manufacturer's 1 year international warranty?

Then some cameras are marked "Imported" and have much higher prices. For example I saw a Fuji X100 marked at around 20,000 Bt, then the same model marked as "Imported" for around 50,000 Bt. But all these top model Fujifilm cameras are manufactured in Japan so aren't they all imported?

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

The 'imported' marked ones are usually cameras that weren't available in Thailand at the moment of introduction in Japan . 

Some people are willing to pay crazy prices to be the first to have the newest camera or phone . These cameras are send

straight from Japan to Thailand and are taxed heavily .

Later when the model is officially introduced in Thailand the prices go down to a normal level . 

Problem is Lazada doesn't remove these imported listings that's why you get the crazy differences in price . 

Wouldn't even bother with Lazada for expensive cameras . Go to a Digital2home shop . Closest one is in Robinson Sri Racha . 

Good prices , people who know what they're talking about and 2 year warranty . 

http://www.digital2home.com/product-category/03-fujifilm-digital-camera/

The 'imported' marked ones are usually cameras that weren't available in Thailand at the moment of introduction in Japan . 

Some people are willing to pay crazy prices to be the first to have the newest camera or phone . These cameras are send

straight from Japan to Thailand and are taxed heavily .

Later when the model is officially introduced in Thailand the prices go down to a normal level . 

Problem is Lazada doesn't remove these imported listings that's why you get the crazy differences in price . 

Wouldn't even bother with Lazada for expensive cameras . Go to a Digital2home shop . Closest one is in Robinson Sri Racha . 

Good prices , people who know what they're talking about and 2 year warranty . 

http://www.digital2home.com/product-category/03-fujifilm-digital-camera/

Cheers Jerry, I was hoping you'd reply as I know you have bought from Lazada, and I know you know your cameras.

OK I now understand about "Imports" but how come there are very expensive top brand cameras on Lazada without warranty.

For example: Here's a Leica X Typ 113 at 64,200 THB, and if you look down through the details you see: "No Warranty Provided"...what's that mean? You don't even get a standard 1 year warranty from Leica? And if so why?

http://www.lazada.co.th/leica-x-typ-113-162-mp-black-1271501.html

Thanks for the tip on Digital2home shop at SriRacha. I'll phone them soon and ask for a price. They don't have a Fujifilm X100t in stock but they may be able to order one.

The Leica on Lazada is imported from Germany and will have warranty there but Lazada is

not willing to take care of all the BS that comes with sending it back and front to Germany . 

Rather pay a few thousand Bht more and go here ... 

https://en.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-Stores-Worldwide/Leica-Store-Bangkok

For example: Here's a Leica X Typ 113 at 64,200 THB, and if you look down through the details you see: "No Warranty Provided"...what's that mean?

Leica has a repair shop in Thailand, but they will only support products with serial numbers starting with "TH"

...imported from Germany ...

There is a warranty in Germany (you'll have to register your product online) and go to germany to benefit that warranty.

The Leica on Lazada is imported from Germany and will have warranty there but Lazada is

not willing to take care of all the BS that comes with sending it back and front to Germany . 

Rather pay a few thousand Bht more and go here ... 

https://en.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-Stores-Worldwide/Leica-Store-Bangkok

Leica has a repair shop in Thailand, but they will only support products with serial numbers starting with "TH"

There is a warranty in Germany (you'll have to register your product online) and go to germany to benefit that warranty.

OK, good to know. Won't be buying an F'n Leica in Thailand then. Really think I'll wait to my next trip down to Australia next year and get my next camera there, and get an international warranty. Thanks for the info guys.

I bought my Canon from Digital2home in Siracha. It was a very good price but no Canon warranty. I assumed it was some grey import and therefore do not get an official warranty but Digital2home offer a type of warranty. I was willing to take the risk because of the big cash saving and the chance that a Canon might have a major defect was small. Had it for 2 years no problems at all. At least if you buy from D2H you can check the camera over and see it working before you buy.

I bought my Canon from Digital2home in Siracha. It was a very good price but no Canon warranty. I assumed it was some grey import and therefore do not get an official warranty but Digital2home offer a type of warranty. I was willing to take the risk because of the big cash saving and the chance that a Canon might have a major defect was small. Had it for 2 years no problems at all. At least if you buy from D2H you can check the camera over and see it working before you buy.

Cheers, I'll have a look there next time I'm in Sriracha. My next camera will be well over a thousand dollars wherever I buy it, so a warranty is pretty well essential for me. I have a few cameras...a cheap Nikon compact, had it couple years, works fine, never had a problem. Also have a Sony, great no problem. But a few years back had a Fujifilm and that was a lemon, was sent for repairs in Thailand and Australia, total 3 times. That's the risk we run...if we get a lemon.

Anyway, thanks again I will take a look at D2H.

Archived