IGNORED

Photos on Film

Billyboy294

A friend of mine said he had about a thousand photos on film which he wanted to put on his computer and also to a USB.

Is there an easy way apart from making prints and scanning on to computer.

He went to a Kodak shop and they wanted 5000 baht. I said  if you have 1000 photos for 5000 baht that is 5 baht per  photo which seems cheap to me.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

If you have to scan them by hand by yourself it will take a week , 5k Bht seems like a good deal . 

They have to be digitised some way, so it's either the Kodak shop, scan the negatives (while reversing the colours to make them positive digital images) or make prints and then scan them.

The Kodak shop sounds like a good bet to me, and it will probably give you better quality than doing yourself unless you already have a high quality scanner.

The price will vary with the size of the output file. To get hi res file, that allowe you to print a good big print will cost a lot more rhen a low res 5 baht print. Depends on the quality of the original, and the purpose of the digitising exercise.

I suppose do the whole lot first fir 5 bt each, then if some are worthwhile, have them scanned on hegher resolution...

Archived