IGNORED

THAI AIRWAYS OFFICE ON BEACH ROAD PATTAYA

elbenvillas

I had to change the flight date on a flight from Bangkok to Manila and went on over to the office on the start of Beach Road where i had had flights changed before.

The rooms look empty, i didnt stop by to read the sign as i was on a bike and there is no parking there, but it sure looked deserted, no signs, no drapes, just the glass windows.

Anyone know where they may have moved, I need to change a flight from Dec 1 to Dec 4 so i have time to find them,but it will help if i can narrow it down.

No information on the internet yet.

Thanks

EZ

To the right of the 'old' building is a gate that leads to the new office. It's not far but not very obvious. That was certainly the case last year at least.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

hmm, in that case, i will walk by tomorrow and read the sign which was on the door.

thanks for the tip.

ez

It's possible that you went to the wrong place. I needed to go there two weeks ago and after researching where it was I became a bit confused. I eventually found it as per the map below. Of course they could have moved again.

Thai Office.jpg

I thought I'd read they'd moved to inside the Dusit hotel?

Am I mis-remembering?

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Am I mis-remembering?

That's what I read which is why I got confused. 2 weeks ago they we definitely in this building on the corner of Beach Rd leading up to Dolphin roundabout. Of course they may have moved yet again.

thaioffice.jpg

Am I mis-remembering?

they did move inside to the dusit but that was 2 years ago november 2014  while the office in the pic had a full refurb.

the building in the pic then reopened as the office, but i've not been up that way for a while so i do not know the current position.

If the new building is indeed part of the Dusit Complex it can be reached via the gate just up from the old building as I described in my first post. No need to go around to the front of the complex.

If the new building is indeed part of the Dusit Complex it can be reached via the gate just up from the old building as I described in my first post. No need to go around to the front of the complex.

It was reading directions like this that got me confused.  :GoldenSmile1:

2 weeks ago there were no gates, no old buildings, no complexes. I just walked through the front door from the street. The door to the right of 'I FLY' in the photo above.

Well as I said, the last time I was there was a year ago now. At that time the office in the picture was closed but a little further along was a gate that gave access to the new office on the Dusit Resort grounds. What I meant by 'old' building was the one that wasn't in use at that time...the one in the picture!

Well as I said, the last time I was there was a year ago now. At that time the office in the picture was closed but a little further along was a gate that gave access to the new office on the Dusit Resort grounds. What I meant by 'old' building was the one that wasn't in use at that time...the one in the picture!

it was moved into the dusit room 115 by the chaba pool in nov /dec 2014 but it deffo moved back maybe 12 months ago or more

I suggest the OP take another trip down there. With a little leg work I've no doubt he'll locate it, they are not far apart.

It's possible that you went to the wrong place. I needed to go there two weeks ago and after researching where it was I became a bit confused. I eventually found it as per the map below. Of course they could have moved again.

attachicon.gifThai Office.jpg

I doubt that, as I have been there twice before july and sept of this year, its right on the road, just no parking in front.  Where the road kinda curves around into beach road.  Will walk by today to read the sign.

EZ

• 2 weeks later...

Yea,go read the sign........

It's on the very end of beach road, right on the corner just before you turn right up towards dolphin round about.

Had to go there a few times when I was extending for another week or so.

Only worked out at 3,200B to cancel a flight and change it for a later date. Brilliant!

Will always use Thai airways because of this.

Simple and cheap to sort out.

It is still in the building pictured above.

Its my second office at times.

Booking tickets there back to Europe are the most expensive I have ever paid for.

That said many time I have needed a one way emergency ticket & they have always come up with a good economy for 20,000 one way direct to London. LHR.

The ladies in this office are the best if you have a gold card or have a ticket that needs changing even if not easy.

For the cheap Charlie types this office does have free drinking water.

:Wassup1:  :NiceThread1:

I doubt that, as I have been there twice before july and sept of this year, its right on the road, just no parking in front.  Where the road kinda curves around into beach road.  Will walk by today to read the sign.

EZ

I was more than happy to spend 30 odd minutes downloading photos and maps whilst trying to help a complete stranger and I didn’t expect either an update from you to help other members or a thank you, which is just as well ….

I was more than happy to spend 30 odd minutes downloading photos and maps whilst trying to help a complete stranger and I didn’t expect either an update from you to help other members or a thank you, which is just as well ….

I apologize if I offended you in any way with my post, my intention was not that at all.  Thank you very much.

In the end I went to a travel agent at Big C Pattayaklang and she changed the dates for me for a fee of 300 baht.

Surprising thing was that she said there was no charge from Thai Airlines.   When I had changed it once before at the

Thai Air office they had charged me around 1100 baht.

Again, thanks.

EZ

Archived