IGNORED

Internet/tv Package in View Talay 2

Jesper

Is there any bm´s who staying in VT 2 who can recommend a good internet/tv sulotion ?

True can only deliver tv

3bb can only deliver internet

I was  hoping for a internet/tv package so i can use the same provider. 

Any suggestions?

Life is nice :GoldenSmile1:

What do you think you will gain by having one provider?

Your best bet would be to approach whoever does the cable TV in your building as they will supply both TV and broadband (as far as I know that would be Sophon and TMN). However you may not be very impressed by the TV channels they offer.

You may be better getting the best internet available and then buying an Android box for TV.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

What do you think you will gain by having one provider?

Your best bet would be to approach whoever does the cable TV in your building as they will supply both TV and broadband (as far as I know that would be Sophon and TMN). However you may not be very impressed by the TV channels they offer.

Yes i have TMN already and yes the channels sucks and the signal is very poor so some channels only works half of the time. Thats why i would like to have a more stable connection.

But it seems for me that the only way to get more english speaking channels is to pay 3800baht for the condo to run a cable on the roof of the building and then get True Vision to put a satalite dish. 

You may be better getting the best internet available and then buying an Android box for TV.

Thanks...What kind of speed do i need for this to work

Sorry i am not really a technical guy 555

Thanks...What kind of speed do i need for this to work

Sorry i am not really a technical guy 555

Neither am I!

:-)

From what I've read on here, a minimum speed of 10 mb/s is needed.

I know many expat BM's are using the boxes in Pattaya and are very happy with them.

I'm planning to buy one when I arrive next month to bring home with me. Not being that confident with the tech stuff, I'll pay the extra for the ones advertised on here that are ready to go & have support provided.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/288108-expat-tv-box-3999-baht/page-17

Neither am I!

I know many expat BM's are using the boxes in Pattaya and are very happy with them.

I'm planning to buy one when I arrive next month to bring home with me. Not being that confident with the tech stuff, I'll pay the extra for the ones advertised on here that are ready to go & have support provided.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/288108-expat-tv-box-3999-baht/page-17

Thanks, sounds like the perfect sulotion.

Neither am I!

I have an Android box and it certainly gives you access to many channels. The quality is not that great however, SD at best. Maybe that's OK but if you want HD maybe better to buy the cable and get Truevisions installed. Yes it costs more but depends on what you want from the TV.

Agreed, you can buy an Android TV box for less than Bt1500 from a smart phone App called 'Geek' that can be delivered in under a Month and offers, Kodi, You Tube and hundreds of channels.

I have an Android box and it certainly gives you access to many channels. The quality is not that great however, SD at best. Maybe that's OK but if you want HD maybe better to buy the cable and get Truevisions installed. Yes it costs more but depends on what you want from the TV.

The quality is something I'm eager to find out.

The pictures on the streams I get from the cheap Android box here are often pretty poor, but the reviews from the ones in the link I posted from other BM's have been very good.

• 1 month later...

Yes i have TMN already and yes the channels sucks and the signal is very poor so some channels only works half of the time. Thats why i would like to have a more stable connection.

But it seems for me that the only way to get more english speaking channels is to pay 3800baht for the condo to run a cable on the roof of the building and then get True Vision to put a satalite dish. 

Can you tell approx. how many English TV channels is offered by TMN? 

I tried AIS Playbox and they had only 7 English channels (6-news and 1-Warner channel) with many reruns on these 7 channels.

Archived