Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

How easy is for a Thai to enter Singapore

jocky king

I would like to visit Singapore sometime in January , my Thai lady friend wants to come with me . Only for three or four days . I have heard the custom giving a hard time to the Thai ladies. My friend , a Thai lady , came alone to meet her friends but refused entry because she did not have sufficent money to fund herself on holidays . Do any of you or your friends have any experience in this situations. For those who never have been in Singapore or never heard from anyone who had been in this situations , don't bother to post your comment . Thank you .

EU passport is easy to enter for 30 days , how easy for a Thai ??

Advice would be appreciated .. Thank you .

I travelled with my gf to the Grand Prix a couple of years ago...Not a problem if you are travelling together...may be take a copy of return/onwards air ticket just in case immigration ask for it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hooray beer!

Never had a problem travelling with the wife.

i know a BG who got turned away the other week - she was only going for the weekend to see friends, and had a hotel booked. i couldn't work out from her story why they declined her. she was pretty pissed off!

No problems with my (ex)wife going with me either. We went to the counter together and I handed the officer both passports at once as that makes it clear you're traveling as a couple.

At one time it used to be easy for 24 days(?). Many girls used to go there and work in a 'Night club' and earned enough to make it worthwhile.

Thailand are part of the South East Asia group so no visa was required.

Singapore has perhaps tightened up on the basis they can only go for a holiday and not for work.

A friend of mine went three times in one year (for 30 days) to South Korea to work in a massage shop; (organised by a mamasan here)

Next year (after the cold winter) she went back again but was stopped at immigration who did not believe her story she was there on holiday. She was locked up for 11 days and sent back to Thailand. After the first time she always paid for her return ticket.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Should be fine if she's with you. My friend and his Thai girlfriend just visited 2 months ago and were allowed in, no problem.

They do look out for repeat visits from girls travelling alone though. A gogo girl I know came in for work 4-5 months ago and was let in. She tried again 2-3 weeks ago and was refused entry. Too bad she actually wanted to be a regular tourist on that second trip.

Sent from my awesome LG G4 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Jocky I am facebook friends with a ex bar girl from Palmers.  And her English boyfriend lives and works in Singapore and she from time to time visits him in Singapore and has far as I know she has never had a problem

I've posted about this elsewhere on the forum, but no harm in doing so again -

When I was working in Singapore, I had the TGF come and live with me for a month; I had bought her a return ticket, but she was held at immigration for about two hours, and I had to try and get her out of there, with some fairly sharp questioning about how long I had been in Singapore and what I did for a living, etc.

Probably best to accompany her if you can; if she must come alone, make sure she has your local number and tell her to give it to immigration if she's held up on entry.

Been in and out of there with my missus loads of times never even had an eyelid batted by the IO.  As has been said above, if you are travelling as a couple, there should not be a problem, just make sure you have a print out of the return flight and hotel booking just in case.  If they are travelling on their own then it maybe also couldn't hurt to dress demurely, I'm pretty sure Singapore immigration must have a profile they use for young women visiting from other ASEAN countries so if a bird strolls off the plane at Changi in a hoochie-mama outfit then they would of course ask questions

• 2 weeks later...

If you are with her, it should not be an issue.  I have gone with my wife, and she just pointed to me when asked about her travel plans. 

Hong Kong is another place that is cracking down.  My wife and i ended up in different lines, and the immigration staff pullied her aside because it was her (our) second trip within a month. After ten minutes the Hong Kong immigration staff rather sheepishly gave her an entry ticket after looking at my passport and seeing all of the travel we had done together. 

In Bali, my wife went through first and after she was stamped in I had the same immigration officer who pointed to her and said "do you know that lady?"  I said "the one that has the matching wedding band?" Stamp, stamp.

Archived