IGNORED

Early morning swimming pools

thebrewer

Hey guys, I've struck out a little with my search and am hoping someone could give me a bit of input here.

I had planned to stay at the Areca Lodge next trip, but it seems their pools only open around 10am and an email has pretty much confirmed this. I'm not much of a night owl and will be in the middle of a big training load next holiday.

Is the mercure the only other hotel with a big pool?  I'd like something 20m or longer ideally in Pattaya where I don't have to commute to train and can swim at 6.30-7am before breakfast.

Ideally 2500bht or under as a ballpark.

Thanks  

Any chance there are running groups, harriers, parkrun in Pattaya, will need to run too.

Welcome Plaza (near Mercure) has a big pool but I don't know the opening hours

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Hey guys, I've struck out a little with my search and am hoping someone could give me a bit of input here.

I had planned to stay at the Areca Lodge next trip, but it seems their pools only open around 10am and an email has pretty much confirmed this. I'm not much of a night owl and will be in the middle of a big training load next holiday.

Is the mercure the only other hotel with a big pool?  I'd like something 20m or longer ideally in Pattaya where I don't have to commute to train and can swim at 6.30-7am before breakfast.

Thanks  

Any chance there are running groups, harriers, parkrun in Pattaya, will need to run too.

Send Gordon a PM he can hook you up with the Harriers.  http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/user/85718-gordonpattaya/

Thanks  

Mikes Shopping Mall has a very big pool but it would not be open early. 

Thanks for the input. I'll keep researching.

Most of the year I wouldn't care, something to laze around in would be fine, 2017 trip isn't the best timing though.

Take a look at Green Park Resort. They have a very nice pool,

http://greenparkpattaya.com/

Cause the sweetest kiss I ever got is the one I´ve never tasted

If you could consider a condo this might be a viable alternative. I have stayed in a number where the pool is open 24/7 and others where the opening times are 'flexible' if you keep a low profile. Finding a 20m one might be tricky but we often don't get everything we want in life. :)

Mikes Shopping Mall has a very big pool but it would not be open early. 

Ive never been, mini review?

Sabai Lodge has two large pools, but I'm not sure they are 20 metres long. I've never seen them closed unless when being cleaned.

I am not in denial

Diana-Oasis has  2 good swimming pools both open at 8am and the smaller pool next to the resturant you can

swim until 10pm under good colour lighting.

For a couple of weeks of change, I think I'll follow through on Areca.  Swimming late is better than a shitty location, or a shitty pool.

If you could consider a condo this might be a viable alternative. I have stayed in a number where the pool is open 24/7 and others where the opening times are 'flexible' if you keep a low profile. Finding a 20m one might be tricky but we often don't get everything we want in life. :)

View talay condos are good to swim 24 hours (with girls on top)

LK Royal Wing?

Their pool is not very big, especially when compared to Areca's pools.  I also think it might be closed off "out of operating hours" which is very easy to do as it is a roof-top pool which can be easily closed off.

I think the Areca is the better option and I have seen people swimming at what I would consider early, although I cannot comment at 6.30am as I am not usually looking at the pool!

The life guard union prohibits work before 8 am and in conjunction with Pattaya's strict Elf 'n Safety laws it'll be difficult to find a place to swim early

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed Adelphia hotel for info as I am interested in staying there. Have same pool concerns and was told their hours are 0600-2200. Never been to Pattaya but looking forward to visiting next year.

Archived