IGNORED

Can't decide where to stay

alphageek

In my last trip, I stayed at Areca. Loved the location, the pool and the price. Didn't really like the room. (Evergreen) The bathrooms looked dark and old and the room was old and dated as well albeit comfortable.

My next trip I want to stay somewhere different or maybe I'll end up at areca again. I have 9 nights and so far these are my choices in no particular order:

• 247 (seems nice, cheap enough and location is good. Not sure about the small pool as I spend lot of time there) Cheapest of the lot at $33usd/night
  • Areca (as stated, all is good but room was a bit dated) $44/night
  • Page 10 (mostly because of location. Rooms look nice enough. Pool looks ok. Little expensive for what it is though) $50/night
  • Adelphi (4 star, nice rooms, looks good. Not the best location. Bit more expensive) $54/n
  • Siam@Siam (Looks brilliant. I really like the look of the rooftop pool here. Very expensive though and I am not sure about the location. Looks like Big C is closed so nothing really near by) $71/n

Currently I am thinking about splitting my 9 nights between two of the hotels above. Maybe Siam@siam and 247 (cheapest and the most expensive)

Any advise would be appreciated from BM who have stayed in these places!

• Page 10 (mostly because of location. Rooms look nice enough. Pool looks ok. Little expensive for what it is though) $50/night

always had a nice time there ,and the rooms look classy -nice little gym on the roof with the smallish pool.The are even a few bars adjacent to the property.

Better to pay for a fantasy than lose to an illusion 

trips to Angeles city 2015/2016    best sexual experience    best condoms

8th  trip 7th trip  6th trip 5th trip micro trip  3rd trip  2nd trip   

maiden trip

trip to lagos

Where do you like to be

Sounds like you prefer modern

April Suites get good reviews

I prefer South Pattaya - Nova Platinum, Residence Garden.  

I like modern with a nice/relaxing pool. Also location is obviously very important!

Thanks, I'll check those places out although right now I am trying to cull my list not increase it :D

Page 10 to cut it short.

soi 10 is supremely central to everything.

Stay there, forget the rest.

Sea me spring tree just Booked there for my upcoming Trip

new good Location roof top Pool

Rooms look good but what's up with the kiddie chairs in the pool area? I guess not enough space up there for loungers... This kind of kills it for me.

Page 10 is awful. Gym is a joke. You can't even call it a gym . When I stayed pool was green looking . Shower curtain moldy ...

I've noticed most of the 3* hotels in Pattaya are similar. Your price range is wide $33-$77. Depends what you want most ?

If you want pool and location. Hard rock may be in your price range usually about 80-90 a night. But again all depends what's most important. Then the board can give you feedback

Hard rock Pay Extra bringing a girl back

Yeah hard rock is out of my price range anyway :)

I am currently leaning towards Siam@Siam but I am concerned about the area. From what I could tell from my last visit, other than Big C (which was boarded up), the soapies and few massage places the area had not much going on. Well, not like around Areca. Am I wrong?

Yeah hard rock is out of my price range anyway :)

I am currently leaning towards Siam@Siam but I am concerned about the area. From what I could tell from my last visit, other than Big C (which was boarded up), the soapies and few massage places the area had not much going on. Well, not like around Areca. Am I wrong?

You're not wrong. Siam siam is far, relatively speaking. My trip in a few weeks I'm staying at The Base it's like $40USD a night but great location. It's a condo, but everything is steps away to stock the condo up. Even if you're there a week or so a condo. Centric Sea (which I stayed) or the base is a great value

Hard rock Pay Extra bringing a girl back

Never once did I pay for a girl to come back. It's girl friendly for sure.

i know you don't really want to add to your list...but i stayed at the Centara Pattaya hotel, deluxe room, for 3 nights in early October for 4,767 baht taxes and all. at current exchange rates, it's a little under $46/night.

nice rooms. rated at 4 stars. definitely nicer than the 3 stars. separate shower and tub. safe in closet. balcony.

they have room service. in house restaurant and a small snack/bar. a decent ground level pool.

1 minute walk to Soi 6. really, just a minute. just be careful crossing 2nd road.

5 - 7 minute walk to Beach Road (10 if you take the scenic route down soi 6) to catch a baht bus to Walking Street/South Pattaya.

and most importantly, they are girl friendly. 1? 2? 3? i can confirm 3 is ok without a joiner fee. the doormen just take their IDs.

i've stayed their twice and it's the only place in Pattaya that i have stayed twice.

http://www.centarahotelsresorts.com/centara/cpy/

have a great trip!

Thanks everyone. I have decided to split my stays. 5 nights at siam@siam and 4 nights at Areca.

Now the problem is waiting for 3 mths  :Disease1:

Archived