IGNORED

Wi-fi booster recommendations?

davidge

Update:

Netgear extenders arrived today.

Plugged first one in near router, used WPS to connect. All good.

Move it to room about two-thirds of way to back room, plug it in, green light. All good.

Try repeating with second one. 5 attempts on WPS but no connection. Try Netgear web address, tells me I'm not on network. Connect to router using Ethernet & try WPS again. This time it connects to wifi immediately. Maybe just coincidence that Ethernet cable was connected??

Anyway, plug this extender in back room and green light so signal looks ok.

Next step is to try a FaceTime call from there to check it works. I'll be able to connect the Android box to the extender via Ethernet when I get one.

Not sure I fancy trying to set one up myself, so will probably wait until I'm in Jomtien & get one of the 'plug & play' ones advertised on the forum.

Thanks to everyone for the help.

Congratulations!!!

Enjoy, you have purchased the best.

Spoke too soon!

:-(

Checked today and the extender in the back room had turned red.

I put it just outside the door of that room and it worked.

I then connected a third extender and put that in the back room. No good - red light.

I've moved them around, swapped them over but can't now get a signal in the back room.

There's only one wall and a few feet between 2 of the extenders.

I'm at a loss.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Spoke too soon!

:-(

Checked today and the extender in the back room had turned red.

I put it just outside the door of that room and it worked.

I then connected a third extender and put that in the back room. No good - red light.

I've moved them around, swapped them over but can't now get a signal in the back room.

There's only one wall and a few feet between 2 of the extenders.

I'm at a loss.

Just to be sure... The third extender needs to be connected to the second extender.

Just to be sure... The third extender needs to be connected to the second extender.

Sorry, I don't understand.

The instructions with the extender say to connect each one to the router, then put in position.

Is there a way to connect one extender to another without connecting each one to the router?

Sorry, I don't understand.

The instructions with the extender say to connect each one to the router, then put in position.

Is there a way to connect one extender to another without connecting each one to the router?

If they are both connected to the same router, you are covering the same area (not really... you can get coverage in the other direction of the router)! Imagine tying a string from each extender to the router. The third extender still will not reach the back room.  I hope this makes sense.

I don't know if your extenders has WPS.. If not, you will need to manually connect the third extender to the second extender. 

They have WPS.

So, I press WPS on the first one, then press WPS on the second while the first is flashing?

Then repeat with the next?

Ok. Tried that. Green lights throughout - at least for now.

Thanks.

☺️

• 4 months later...

My walls at home are 40cm thick and I use a booster called '8Level'. It plugs into a standard main socket and seems to work very well.

Archived