IGNORED

Air China

muffinstuffer

Anyone taken Air China from Mainland US or elsewhere internationally into Bangkok?  Not to be mistaken with China Airlines, which is Taiwan based and has some of the most smoking hot flight attendant.  They are getting up there with Korean Airlines and Singapore Air.  Anyway back on topic.......If so were you able to take a carry-on and a personal item like most other airlines?  Their website doesn't say so.  I plan on traveling light but 1 carry-on is cutting it a little too light.

I am the motherfucking Shore Patrol motherfucker!

I have not flown them yet, will be from jfk to bkk via pkk end of the month.  I am checking a bag and will be carrying on a backpack.  I don't want to have to keep track of my baggage during the layover in pkk.   I will try to answer the question if I fly before you do.

Joker...

I am heading out at the end of the first week of November.  Yeah give me a heads up on what people carry on if you can.  I would greatly appreciate it.

I try to never check bags.  Too many bad experiences.  I usually do a rucksack and a small roller.  Jfk to Pkk?  Damn.  I have 13.5 hours from Honolulu to Pkk, thought that was bad.

Seem the tightest regards weight only 5kg but as we all know some get away with a lot more with airlines.

http://www.airchina.com.cn/www/en/html/index/travel_information/passenger_services/baggage_information/1122/

Seem the tightest regards weight only 5kg but as we all know some get away with a lot more with airlines.

http://www.airchina.com.cn/www/en/html/index/travel_information/passenger_services/baggage_information/1122/

Yeah I saw that.  I saw some talk in searching that says they don't really check at all.  Knowing the Chinese tourists that come to Hawaii I think 11pounds and 1 bag is bullshit

Yeah I saw that.  I saw some talk in searching that says they don't really check at all.  Knowing the Chinese tourists that come to Hawaii I think 11pounds and 1 bag is bullshit

Yes flying with emirates on Tue was waiting a few months ago to fly to Prague with easyjet and it was near the Emirates gate saw some of the cases they were using for carry on nearly as big as my checked luggage  :GoldenSmile1:

Yes flying with emirates on Tue was waiting a few months ago to fly to Prague with easyjet and it was near the Emirates gate saw some of the cases they were using for carry on nearly as big as my checked luggage  :GoldenSmile1:

My pack weighs 4 pounds empty haha.  If I have to I can attach my briefcase to the pack.  Emirates?  Flying in luxury I see.   The Beduins really know how to run an airline.

My pack weighs 4 pounds empty haha.  If I have to I can attach my briefcase to the pack.  Emirates?  Flying in luxury I see.   The Beduins really know how to run an airline.

So I have heard never done it my1st trip. Company I worked for got taken over by Dubai a few years ago thought they might have given us staff discount. :GoldenSmile1:

never had a problem with carry on

Anyone taken Air China from Mainland US or elsewhere internationally into Bangkok?  Not to be mistaken with China Airlines, which is Taiwan based and has some of the most smoking hot flight attendant.  They are getting up there with Korean Airlines and Singapore Air.  Anyway back on topic.......If so were you able to take a carry-on and a personal item like most other airlines?  Their website doesn't say so.  I plan on traveling light but 1 carry-on is cutting it a little too light.

CA use the, IMHO,  best plane in the sky, the 777-300, on longhaul and as a member of Star Alliance you can't go wrong.

Economy is cramped but biz and first got some pretty decent 180 degrees seats and great food.

Service is up to the crew on duty but in general superb.

Checked in luggage is FOC but yeah, you may save 15 minute bringing a tooth brush as carry on only.

Sometimes they check the weight and sometimes they don't. Just don't make it too obvious by overstuffing your bag. If they ask if you have anything to checkin, just say no and cross your fingers.

• 1 month later...

I flew Air China in early November from San Francisco to BKK. 12hrs.to Bejing And maybe 5 more to BKK. I had one carry-on backpack, maximum dimensions, right around 15kg. with no problems or questions. All of the seats had personal entertainment screens with games and movies in English (Not the best selection). Seats were decent sized. Hot flight attendants, very poor English , and the meals were not the best. Got a round-trip ticket off Kayak for $629usd. from Portland, Oregon. I was a bit nervous after reading some online reviews but for the price,I would definetly do it again. Korean Air and Delta were better, but the Air China price can't be beat. Well, China Eastern prices were comparable, but I can't speak to their service.

Besides the food, I had no complaints about Air China and I would rather fly into Beijing then Shanghai, better airside in my opinion.  Of course the outside airside on a cold rainy day sucked but it was a very cheap flight .

Joker...

Archived