IGNORED

Annual Registration for motorcycles

Blueman Group

Hi guys, I bought a couple of big bikes and a new PCX 150 this year. I put the greenbooks in my girlfriends daughter name since she was with me when I bought them. I also will not get a retirement visa for another year as I am still working back and forth in USA and staying in Thailand about 4 -5 months a year. I couldn't put them in my name easily as they wanted visa info and a trip to immigration to get a letter or something.

So my question is, since I have the Greenbooks , when it is time to pay road tax and get a new sticker do I have to take the daughter with me or not required as long as the books are with the bike and everything is up to date.

Sorry about the terminology, I don't know what they actually call the annual sticker for the bikes but we refer to it as annual registration..

Thanks jon

One of the few simple things here. You only need the green book and new or current insurance proof. No ID, license, passport, residence cert etc required. Anyone can pay the tax for your bike.

You can use any of the numerous agents that will do it for you or go to the DLT and do it yourself.

On Saturdays the DLT has a desk set up in the Big C on Sukhumvit at South Pattaya Rd. That's where I have paid my tax for the last couple of years. There are a couple of insurance offices across the road on the North side of Big C where you can purchase new insurance also.

Almost forgot - If the bike is 5 years old or more it needs an inspection also.

I think most people use the shop they bought the bike from to annual registration, tax and insurance for the 1st 4 years. Just did my Honda PCX 150 this way - cost THB 1100.

Thanks so much! I bought 1 big bike in Pattaya, 1 in Korat and 2 in Seka Nong Khai so was worried I would need a road trip to get their annual Tax and Insurance. Thanks again!  jon

Archived