Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Amari Residences - a Lottllee Winna Review

LOTTELLEE WINNA

I normally stay in hotels in central Pattaya, however this was neither a golfing nor a mongering trip. This was a family holiday - me, the missus + nipper and granny (as maid and childminder). With that in mind, I chose to stay up on Pratumnak Hill (the area south of WS and before Jomtien).

Let me deal with the location first of all. If you are a single bloke who spends most of his time around the LK area, then then the Pratumnak Hill area is a bit out the way - although the Amari does run a shuttle service to central Patts. Pratunak is quiet and away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Pattaya but you can get there in about 5-10 mins in a taxi). That said, the area is handy for the WS and south Patts area. It is particularly good if you are looking for a place to chill-out - maybe you have a girl in tow. The surrounding area has many little bars and restaurants a short walk from the hotel, and is also close to Cosy beach (check out The Cliff restaurant overlooking the sea). Oh and just in case you do get a little time to go 'on maneuvers', check out Heaven Gentleman's club near Cosy beach  :WhoSaw1:

It is worth adding that the Amari is a hybrid, mostly hotel, but also some 'hi-so' condos. Although it is in the final stages of being completed (mainly work on the upper floors of the private residences), I noticed no work noise and no lack of opulence. The place lived up to the standards set by the Amari group and didn't disappoint us at all; (if you have stayed at the Amari Nova Suites in central Patts, it has that sort of feel and quality). The lobby is really well done and the rooms are stunning in a minimalist way. As there were the three of us and baby, I booked the top of the range Ocean view 2 bedroom suite - complete with lounge, kitchen and 2 bathrooms. It's worth adding that  the room has all the required amenities and is very well equipped with all kinds of touch screen sensors (reminded of Centra Avenue on soi Diana). The beds are uber comfy (not hard) and the bathrooms are stunning - mine had separate walk-in shower + a jacuzzi bath. Also worth saying that the wifi was good.

The views from our room were simply stunning - sea views  and the vista of our wonderful Pattaya sky-line. The rooms have a decent size balcony, however this is negated by the a/c units blasting loud and hot air in your ears as you try and relax.

The swimming pool is also nice and well laid out with a swim-up bar and waterfall. The pool also has a mini slide which was an extra bonus specially for kids - however, let me say that the slide is an accident waiting to happen. First of all, it is way too steep and also, you cannot see if the slide is clear from the top -  sooner or later a big 100kg falang is going to go hurtling down and crash into kids playing below....dangerous!

The breakfast menu is great from real fresh orange juice to freshly ground coffee, omelettes cooked to order and every conceivable breakfast option for both the falang and Thai palate.  What's more, you can choose to dine inside the beautiful restaurant or sit outside and look over the pool as you eat. Breakfast was included in our  package. The room service food was good and cheapish - Pizza at just over 200THB....but a beer was 145THB!

In overall terms, this is a very a nice property and if you can bag a room at the current bargain basement rates, then you are getting great value. The place is really quiet ATM, and rooms are available at under 2,000THB pn (very cheap for what you get). I paid 5,000THB pn for the 2 bed suite (inc breakfast).

The front desk staff are superb and left no stone un-turned to make our stay a memorable one. All in all if you want a quiet, relaxing, luxury hotel at bargain prices, then I can recommend the Amari Residences. 

Lottellee Winna Review Score: 8/10

IMG_3344 (3).JPG

IMG_3345 (4).JPG

IMG_3347 (2).JPG

IMG_3348 (3).JPG

IMG_3349 (2).JPG

IMG_3352 (2).JPG

IMG_3353 (2).JPG

IMG_3331 (2).JPG

IMG_3361 (2).JPG

I normally stay in hotels in central Pattaya, however this was neither a golfing nor a mongering trip. This was a family holiday - me, the missus + nipper and granny (as maid and childminder). With that in mind, I chose to stay up on Pratumnak Hill (the area south of WS and before Jomtien).

Let me deal with the location first of all. If you are a single bloke who spends most of his time around the LK area, then then the Pratumnak Hill area is a bit out the way - although the Amari does run a shuttle service to central Patts. Pratunak is quiet and away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Pattaya but you can get there in about 5-10 mins in a taxi). That said, the area is handy for the WS and south Patts area. It is particularly good if you are looking for a place to chill-out - maybe you have a girl in tow. The surrounding area has many little bars and restaurants a short walk from the hotel, and is also close to Cosy beach (check out The Cliff restaurant overlooking the sea). Oh and just in case you do get a little time to go 'on maneuvers', check out Heaven Gentleman's club near Cosy beach  :WhoSaw1:

It is worth adding that the Amari is a hybrid, mostly hotel, but also some 'hi-so' condos. Although it is in the final stages of being completed (mainly work on the upper floors of the private residences), I noticed no work noise and no lack of opulence. The place lived up to the standards set by the Amari group and didn't disappoint us at all; (if you have stayed at the Amari Nova Suites in central Patts, it has that sort of feel and quality). The lobby is really well done and the rooms are stunning in a minimalist way. As there were the three of us and baby, I booked the top of the range Ocean view 2 bedroom suite - complete with lounge, kitchen and 2 bathrooms. It's worth adding that  the room has all the required amenities and is very well equipped with all kinds of touch screen sensors (reminded of Centra Avenue on soi Diana). The beds are uber comfy (not hard) and the bathrooms are stunning - mine had seperate wakin shower + a jacuzzi bath. Also worth saying that the wifi was good.

The views from our room were simply stunning - sea views  and the vista of our wonderful Pattaya sky-line. The rooms have a decent size balcony, however this is negated by the a/c units blasting loud and hot air in your ears as you try and relax.

The swimming pool is also nice and well laid out with a swim-up bar and waterfall. The pool also has a mini slide which was an extra bonus specially for kids - however, let me say that the slide is an accident waiting to happen. First of all, it is way too steep and also, you cannot see if the slide is clear from the top -  sooner or later a big 100kg falang is going to go hurtling down and crash into kids playing below....dangerous!

The breakfast menu is great from real fresh orange juice to freshly ground coffee, omelettes cooked to order and every conceivable breakfast option for both the falang and Thai palate.  What's more, you can choose to dine inside the beautiful restaurant or sit outside and look over the pool as you eat. Breakfast was included in our  package. The room service food was good and cheapish - Pizza at just over 200THB....but a beer was 145THB!

In overall terms, this is a very a nice property and if you can bag a room at the current bargain basement rates, then you are getting great value. The place is really quiet ATM, and rooms are available at under 2,000THB pn (very cheap for what you get). I paid 5,000THB pn for the 2 bed suite (inc breakfast).

The front desk staff are superb and left no stone un-turned to make our stay a memorable one. All in all if you want a quiet, relaxing, luxury hotel at bargain prices, then I can recommend the Amari Residences. 

Where's Coconut Bar Noi ?

What's a Pattaya photo shot with Kitchen, Bathroom and Lounge imagery without Noi....

Where's Coconut Bar Noi ?

What's a Pattaya photo shot with Kitchen, Bathroom and Lounge imagery without Noi....

My apologies....I won't let it happen again. FFS, I am on a family holiday - so no Noi....sorry to disappoint.

Looks just the job,clean and spacious.But as you pointed out though it might be a bit out of the way for some,especially for those who are used to stepping out straight into the action.I`ve stayed up that end before a couple of times,back then there were no bars shops or restaraunts so i spent most of my daytime on cosy  beach or round the pool.

Seems things have improved now with a few bars and restaraunts etc,i wont write it off but i`ll probably be staying closer to the action.

Thanks for the review anyway LW.

Looks just the job,clean and spacious.But as you pointed out though it might be a bit out of the way for some,especially for those who are used to stepping out straight into the action.I`ve stayed up that end before a couple of times,back then there were no bars shops or restaraunts so i spent most of my daytime on cosy  beach or round the pool.

Seems things have improved now with a few bars and restaraunts etc,i wont write it off but i`ll probably be staying closer to the action.

Thanks for the review anyway LW.

Yes mate, your analysis is spot on. This hotel is great to spend a bit of time with a girl....but I wouldn't have it use it as my mongering 'base camp'.

It is worth adding that the Amari is a hybrid, mostly hotel, but also some 'hi-so' condos. Although it is in the final stages of being completed (mainly work on the upper floors of the private residences), I noticed no work noise and no lack of opulence. The place lived up to the standards set by the Amari group and didn't disappoint us at all; (if you have stayed at the Amari Nova Suites in central Patts, it has that sort of feel and quality). The lobby is really well done and the rooms are stunning in a minimalist way. As there were the three of us and baby, I booked the top of the range Ocean view 2 bedroom suite - complete with lounge, kitchen and 2 bathrooms. It's worth adding that  the room has all the required amenities and is very well equipped with all kinds of touch screen sensors (reminded of Centra Avenue on soi Diana). The beds are uber comfy (not hard) and the bathrooms are stunning - mine had separate walk-in shower + a jacuzzi bath. Also worth saying that the wifi was good.

Looks nice & very comfortable.

How much per night ???

Thanks.

:Wassup1:

Looks nice & very comfortable.

How much per night ???

Thanks.

:Wassup1:

The prices are currently reduced -  'soft-opening' rates...well under 2,000THB inc breakfast. I paid under 5,000THB for the 2 bed ocean view suite featured.

Try this special offer code I was sent yesterday for further discount:

AMRTN6EM

• 11 months later...

thanks for the info, have stayed @ the Amari Oceanfront but looking for something a bit more 'residential', like the Amari brand & the hill isnt that far and from memory its on a baht bus route ;)

Archived