Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Minimum age to book hotel

Pierced parts4

Hi to all members I'm a fairly frequent visitor to pattaya & have been telling boys I work with how fantastic a place it is. My question is is there a minimum age for booking hotels in pattaya as a couple of 17 year olds I work with curiosity's been aroused.They would like to travel to patts but are unsure on age limits etc any help would be appreciated thanks

I've never heard of an age minimum but then again not too many 17 year old farangs come to Pattaya alone.

I can't find anything definite for Thailand, but in the majority of countries the minimum age for booking a hotel room is 18 - unless accompanied by an adult.  If you're travelling with them it should be OK, but I would send a quick e-mail to the hotel you choose just to check their policy.

Also remember that they are under the legal drinking age in Thailand.  Yes, they will get into bars etc without difficulty, but if they happen to get caught up in a random raid then all sorts of trouble will ensue.

I'm sure there are scores of 17 year-olds partying in Pattaya every night.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

Thanks for that answer wolf at I thing the best idea would be to come with them lol

If you are in your early 20's ok, if you are twice their age or more it's weird.

Thanks for your reply Wolfie they realise the drinking age in Thailand &consequences of getting caught. They were more worried if they would be able to book hotels

Sorry that last reply was meant for perthie

You are forgiven 555. :GoldenSmile1:

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

First thing I would be asking before worrying about hotels.... will the airlines they fly with let them travel alone or do they need guardian permission.

I do not know but may pay to check before booking any hotel.

cheers

First thing I would be asking before worrying about hotels.... will the airlines they fly with let them travel alone or do they need guardian permission.

I do not know but may pay to check before booking any hotel.

cheers

Most airlines put the age of 16 as being an adult so that is not a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I could be mistaken but another factor may be a 17 year old traveling out of his home country. It may require parental permission. Again, I could be mistaken.

My other concern would be feeling responsible if something happened to a couple a 17 year old kids that I encouraged to take a trip like this. I guess it depends on their maturity.

I was a 17 year old once and a complete idiot(woo-HOO!). I would've been dead or in prison.  

With all that said, I've never been asked my age when booking directly through the hotel. Are they mature enough NOT to act like complete jerkoffs while AT the hotel? If so, decent clothes and a confident, mature, attitude upon check-in would go a long way in assuring a room.

English Rose, and Davo, both run guesthouses (centrally located) and are members of the forum, you could try sending them a PM.

As to flying, my son flew many times between England and Australia from the age of 16 on his own passport with no parental consent required.

Archived