IGNORED

30 day visa

newyorkie

A friend has just told me

30 day visa on arrival .

You can only come into thailand

X 3 times a year .

Is this true .

as u are flying a scottish flag it is not a visa on arrival but rather a visa exemption, and it all depends on how good a day the officer is having.

they can alter the rules or the interpretation of the rules at any time so it is in the lap of the gods

Yes ,its a visa exemption ,and after 30 days can be extended once at immigration for another 30 days for B1,900 ( it used to be only a 7 day extension possibility ). How many you can have a year ? i dont know ,but if necessary you can apply for a Tourist visa in your own Country good for 3months i believe ( or have they changed that ? ) 

I've just seen this new post - by the way that I've interpreted it, it has made me rather anxious as I arrive in Bangkok on Tuesday 1st Nov. This will be my 4th time this calendar year. I certainly hope that I'll be OK on arrival. I might even call the Thai consulate tomorrow Friday and see what they say. I'll be keeping a keen eye on this thread to see what other punters have to say in the meantime. I'll keep my fingers crossed. What would happen if they pulled a person up about this at arrival hall? Pay some sort of fee? or......?

A friend has just told me

30 day visa on arrival .

You can only come into thailand

X 3 times a year .

Is this true .

No. It's not true.

First, as others have said, it is NOT a Visa on Arrival. You are allowed to enter WITHOUT a visa for 30 days if you are from certain countries. It is a Visa Exempt entry and the stamp in your passport is NOT a visa it is just an ENTRY STAMP.

There was a sort of 'crackdown' - yet another one - announced a while ago & they are looking at people who use visa exempt to stay in the country permanently. They are looking for those that work illegally.

Several reports of people being told 'next time get a visa' & of more vigorous questioning than normal but I haven't read of anyone being refused entry.

It is not as clear as ' 3 entries only'. It's always up to the Immigration officer.

Personally, if I was going several times a year I'd get a SETV before travelling just to avoid any possible problems. It's only £25 and easy to get. However, plenty of people are just using Visa Exempt entries as they always have.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

They are cracking down, my friend had a hassle coming in, ended up with the immigration guy writing in his passport, last entry into Thailand, next time get a visa,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They are cracking down, my friend had a hassle coming in, ended up with the immigration guy writing in his passport, last entry into Thailand, next time get a visa,

IMG_0392.JPG

interesting how many non visa entries did he have to get that reaction?

course if u can get in on a visa exemption, thailand gets only what u spend.

if from the uk on a single entry tourist visa, thailand collects 25.00 pounds

And it also depends on what airports you land on.Phuket or Don Muang are very picky when it comes to Visa excempts,Suvarnabhumi less so.Myself and a dozen friends working on a 1/1 or 1/2 rotation offshore has so far had no problems when arriving at Suvarnabumi,while others arriving in Phuket was told to get a Visa already in 2014.

STRONG WARNING !

I have infos that now the rule " 3 entrance with visa exemption per year only " is now in application, at least by some immigration officers, even in Suvarnabhumi Airport !

2 european friends were refused at airport on arrival, and need to take airplane back to Europe !!! 800 € airplane ticket lost !!!

A third one was first refused, but success by talking to avoid this.

Just knowning this, I run yesterday to Jomtien Immigration Service, the information lady say the same : " no more than 3 times per year " !!!

So the rule is completely changed, because since 6 years, I come at least 6 time per year in Thailand with visa exemption, staying mostly just 30 days... My last entrance, the nb 6 of this year, was the 8 october, with no problem.

But now, following this new rule, I need to wait till 2017, before I can come back... Sad for me, I planified 2 trips, in november and december...

OK, I will spend my money in another country, more welcoming...

STRONG WARNING !

I have infos that now the rule " 3 entrance with visa exemption per year only " is now in application, at least by some immigration officers, even in Suvarnabhumi Airport !

2 european friends were refused at airport on arrival, and need to take airplane back to Europe !!! 800 € airplane ticket lost !!!

A third one was first refused, but success by talking to avoid this.

Just knowning this, I run yesterday to Jomtien Immigration Service, the information lady say the same : " no more than 3 times per year " !!!

So the rule is completely changed, because since 6 years, I come at least 6 time per year in Thailand with visa exemption, staying mostly just 30 days... My last entrance, the nb 6 of this year, was the 8 october, with no problem.

But now, following this new rule, I need to wait till 2017, before I can come back... Sad for me, I planified 2 trips, in november and december...

OK, I will spend my money in another country, more welcoming...

Can't you just do the proper way? METV or other visa?

I've just seen this new post - by the way that I've interpreted it, it has made me rather anxious as I arrive in Bangkok on Tuesday 1st Nov. This will be my 4th time this calendar year. I certainly hope that I'll be OK on arrival. I might even call the Thai consulate tomorrow Friday and see what they say. I'll be keeping a keen eye on this thread to see what other punters have to say in the meantime. I'll keep my fingers crossed. What would happen if they pulled a person up about this at arrival hall? Pay some sort of fee? or......?

How did you get on? Any Problems?

• 3 weeks later...

Bump. I'm travelling in two weeks and have had 4 trips this calendar year 3 of which in the last 5 months. Interested to see if I'll have any issues

Archived