IGNORED

Chiang Mai day trips

Ah dinnae ken

Last July 9 guys on bikes & 3 of us in a car did a road trip for 5 days including the loop. We had such a great time we are doing a slightly longer version

Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai

Chiang Rai to Phrae

Phrae to Loei

Loei to Khon Kaen

Khon Kaen to Phitsanulok

Phitsanulok to Wongtawan Resor

Wongtawan Resort to Mae Hon Son

Mae Hon Son to Chiang Ma

At the end of this I'll be staying in Chiang Mai & keeping the car for 3 - 4 days & would like to do some day trips. I thought a trip to the Mae Kampong village & the Chae Son National Park looked doable in one day. Any feedback & suggestions will be most welcome

www.sugarcanemafia.com

White Temple in Chiang Rai is worth seeing. I really enjoyed it. Really is just around 3-4 hours though. Temples and the zoo in Chiang Mai are excellent as well.

Bruiser (Bruce) from Sydney join your last trip. He tells me he did one with some mates and loved it!

Doi Inthanon , the highest mountain in Thailand is a nice daytrip as well , great views . 

Doi Suthep of course , more a half day trip though . 

White Temple in Chiang Rai is worth seeing. I really enjoyed it. Really is just around 3-4 hours though. Temples and the zoo in Chiang Mai are excellent as well.

Bruiser (Bruce) from Sydney join your last trip. He tells me he did one with some mates and loved it!

Thanks mate. We did the white temple with Bruiser & it's part of this next trip. Yes it was terrific fun but make sure he doesn't pinch ya Reg Grundys :GoldenSmile1:

www.sugarcanemafia.com

Doi Inthanon and Golden Triangle/Done Xao (Laos)

Thanks. We are doing a shakedown ride on day one & heading to Doi Inthanon as far as the temples. We went to the summit in August.

I think this will make a good full day trip

http://www.gt-rider.com/se-asia-motorcycling/threads/the-erotic-garden-tea-house-mae-rim.12410/

+

https://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Samoeng_Loop

For anyone planning trips this is a great site

http://www.gt-rider.com/

cheers. All suggestions welcome

www.sugarcanemafia.com

• 3 weeks later...

Doi Ang Khang, kind of pushing it for a day trip though

:) bangkok - 2 months :D chiang mai - 5 months :P pattaya - 6 trips and counting 
ผมไม่พูดภาษาไทย...ไม่เป็นไร!!

Archived