IGNORED

Bad At Any Price

Evil Penevil

Kai Jeow or  Kai Jeow Moo Sab (ไข่เจียวหมูสับ ) is a Thai staple egg dish. It's often called Thai-style (pork) omelet for want of a better name in English, but it's not like the omelets with which most of us are familiar.

59aeef43d973e_Kaijeow.jpg.333a63c70f631145475f8c78cd80c721.jpg

(Not my pic; lifted from the Net).

Just like Yorkshire pudding, temperature is the key to making good Kai Jeow.  If the oil isn't hot enough, the eggs with be tough and absorb too much oil.  This video shows how it should be done, although Thais would probably use a wok and nam pla (fish sauce).

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not been a customer of cafe pitini for many years since they served me a tuna sandwich loaded with onion which i hate. but as a regular observer it does a thriving trade that many restaurants would envy

59af03850f9c2_feb12013(Custom).JPG.0e6461039e35624332278370d743ec71.JPG

back in feb the big cone got a repaint

59af03ae23fce_feb12014(Custom).JPG.fb51e030231a30bf236e291f6aad3b37.JPG

the yellow motorcy parked left side is a permanent feature.............don't forget to look next time you go by on a baht bus

and by may another had been added.................

59af03e9dd1ee_may20025(Custom).JPG.b4dedc1fe3532a4b2fab132291144d37.JPG

busy all day long, they must be doing most things right.

the cone is chained up to the railings to prevent falangs adding to their garden ornaments

On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 18:49, petermik said:

When was the last time U were here in Patts :Laugh1:

I live in Pattaya for ten years, and you?

On 26/08/2017 at 17:10, bar stool said:

Caffe Pitini is Italian owned, but you will not find a decent minestrone there or a tiramisu.

On 27/08/2017 at 04:39, Taa_Saparot said:

Originally Italian owned, but was sold to an Englishman many many years ago.

On 27/08/2017 at 11:49, petermik said:

On 09/09/2017 at 16:28, bar stool said:

I live in Pattaya for ten years, and you?

Four................been coming for ten and Pitini has been English owned for most of them,you must never venture out if you think its still Italian owned   :Oops1:

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 18:49, petermik said:

Pattaya is more than Soi Buakhaow.

On ‎19‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 09:57, petermik said:

:WhoSaw1:

On ‎20‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 03:28, boxershrimp said:

That's just crazy talk.

Pattaya is MUCH MORE than just Soi Buakhaow.

If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

2 hours ago, starfucks said:

Pattaya is MUCH MORE than just Soi Buakhaow.

Indeed it is, I was just being sarcastic.

But then again, the essence of Pattaya condenses very visibly around Buakhow.
Maybe because most of the farang and thai you see around there have mostly been around for "a while".

17 hours ago, boxershrimp said:

Indeed it is, I was just being sarcastic.

But then again, the essence of Pattaya condenses very visibly around Buakhow.
Maybe because most of the farang and thai you see around there have mostly been around for "a while".

Do you really think there are no farangs “around” in, say, Jomtien or on the Dark Side?

On 23/09/2017 at 16:00, Elvira said:

Do you really think there are no farangs “around” in, say, Jomtien or on the Dark Side?

No, I don't.

Do you think I enjoy silly trolling by new forum members?

On ‎25‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 03:34, boxershrimp said:

No, I don't.

Do you think I enjoy silly trolling by new forum members?

Why do you accuse new forum members of trolling, just when they’re confronting you with facts?

If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

6 hours ago, starfucks said:

Why do you accuse new forum members of trolling, just when they’re confronting you with facts?

Why are you being an asshat about me calling people out about facts I have damn well known for many years?

• 2 weeks later...

Not bad.... but certainly not good. Teerak # 5 wanted steak. We were in Central. I tried to talk her into Fuji that has a nice Teriyaki , and I could have sashimi , but she saw the photo of medium rare meat and would have no part of that. 

Went to Sante Fe Steak. I had a ribeye, menu said Australia. Add a small salad and soup for like 69B ...ok.

Salad was listed a " Ceasar" , well it was a few pieces of romaine..too many croutons, and diced ham which I scooped up and put in my Cream Mushroom soup... again, mediocre in flavor. Not good , not bad... doubtful it was home made.

When I ordered the server asked me " you want medium or cooked " . I understand she had limited English , but is this a steak restaurant or not ?  OK,, I said medium... 

The steak itself was kind of small, maybe 125 or 150 gr.  Ok for the price I guess. It was cooked more rare- medium rare which is fine by me.... again, not good, not bad, choice of sides I ordered French Fries, I think I got 8.   Really..... come on.  At least they were hot and fresh. 

My girl ordered a combo of 2 pieces of meat , not sure what they were ...I think one beef and one pork so she had one to take home.... typical.

All in the bill was about 570B.... 

Even though I consider Sizzler a kind of marginal restaurant, I would think their meat is better add in the open salad bar, would have been a better choice. IMO.... 

BTW...it was pissing rain so don't suggest the other steak restaurants in town, I am aware.

I am not ting tong...my mother had me tested.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 09:46, baddog666 said:

Not bad.... but certainly not good. Teerak # 5 wanted steak. We were in Central. I tried to talk her into Fuji that has a nice Teriyaki , and I could have sashimi , but she saw the photo of medium rare meat and would have no part of that. 

Went to Sante Fe steak. I had a ribeye, menu said Australia. Add a small salad and soup for like 69B ...ok.

Salad was listed a " Ceasar" , well it was a few pieces of romaine..too many croutons, and diced ham which I scooped up and put in my Cream Mushroom soup... again, mediocre in flavor. Not good , not bad... doubtful it was home made.

When I ordered the server asked me " you want medium or cooked " . I understand she had limited English , but is this a steak restaurant or not ?  OK,, I said medium... 

The steak itself was kind of small, maybe 125 or 150 gr.  Ok for the price I guess. It was cooked more rare- medium rare which is fine by me.... again, not good, not bad, choice of sides I ordered French Fries, I think I got 8.   Really..... come on.  At least they were hot and fresh. 

My girl ordered a combo of 2 pieces of meat , not sure what they were ...I think one beef and one pork so she had one to take home.... typical.

All in the bill was about 570B.... 

Even though I consider Sizzler a kind of marginal restaurant, I would think their meat is better add in the open salad bar, would have been a better choice. IMO.... 

BTW...it was pissing rain so don't suggest the other steak restaurants in town, I am aware.

Got diarrhoea at Sizzlers.

Hurried to the toilets before I left Royal Plaza Garden.

Never again.

On 24/10/2017 at 02:04, Peeping Tom said:

Got diarrhoea at Sizzlers.

Hurried to the toilets before I left Royal Plaza Garden.

Never again.

But salmonella takes 10-12 hours to hit you, if I remember aright from my Food-Hygiene course many years ago, so perhaps it was from something you ate earlier, and was just dammed-up waiting for the most-inconvenient moment to let go ? :unsure:

Now then, back to the Indian-beef-curry thread  ...  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, semi-retired member said:

But salmonella takes 10-12 hours to hit you, if I remember aright from my Food-Hygiene course many years ago, so perhaps it was from something you ate earlier, and was just dammed-up waiting for the most-inconvenient m.........................

Based only on my own experience.....serious cases have always hit me within 4-5 hours......minor niggles maybe later.

Salad is probably a bigger worry than meat.....

13 minutes ago, Edge said:

Based only on my own experience.....serious cases have always hit me within 4-5 hours......minor niggles maybe later.

I hung around with the top Asian movie star from Hongkong 40 years ago, just before Bruce Lee made it, for about 2 months.  We went out to eat all the time, he ate just about everything but would not touch a salad.  Kept saying makes you sick

I hung around with the top Asian movie star from Hongkong 40 years ago, just before Bruce Lee made it, for about 2 months.  We went out to eat all the time, he ate just about everything but would not touch a salad.  Kept saying makes you sick

I soaked a shirt for a couple of days and the water is stinking, so if salad is washed in that I can see IP Mans point

16 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I soaked a shirt for a couple of days and the water is stinking, so if salad is washed in that I can see IP Mans point

Jeez have laundry prices gone up that much?   :rolleyes:

Jeez have laundry prices gone up that much?   :rolleyes:
Cycling in heavy rain tends to fuck the shirt, so I soak it before the washing machine. I don't usually soak for that long though

On 10/28/2017 at 22:42, Edge said:

If you are lucky , offensive food will come up in a few hours... that is your body reacting to something nasty. usually you recover from this fairly quickly.  If it gets ingested,it will take 12-18 hours before you start feeling the effects.  Takes much longer to recoup from this... generally requiring antibiotics and other meds.

I am not ting tong...my mother had me tested.

The lek is 5 star compared to many free hotel buffets. Many cheap Charlie's go there late to fill up for the whole day

I didn't find it as bad as your review. Big selection and you can have freshly made omelets

5 hours ago, mcfish said:

The lek is 5 star compared to many free hotel buffets. Many cheap Charlie's go there late to fill up for the whole day

I didn't find it as bad as your review. Big selection and you can have freshly made omelets

Agreed, if the scale is 0-100.

Archived