IGNORED

Areca Lodge or 247 Boutique Hotel (which one to choose?)

slalom

I have only tried Areca but looking at other options.

I will say if you can get rooms at Areca to the same price as 247 Boutique hotel then you should go with Areca as it is a better overall hotel.

Only thing with Areca that people complain about is the wifi. The wifi works well on laptops but it has issues on smartphones and tablets where it sometimes disconnects and uses your data instead.

I have never had issues in my room with cleaning or towels I tip 20-40 bath per day and if I need something special like my last vacation last month I tipped 2 times 200 and 300 bath for a total change of sheets ect. because I was sick and the other time my girl was finishing her periode so the sheet had left overs ;-)

The maid always cleaned my room first which is really nice this way you dont have to wait for it.

I love Bare Breasts and Cunt In Pattaya - ℹ️ 😍 🥧

I booked a room @ Areca in August, it was in the older section of the hotel
Aircon in the room was great the hallways were fucking hot. The ramp was also a bit of a hazard when drunk/wearing thongs (or heels for the girls, I did catch 2 lol)
I ended up calling my stay short due to finding small white ants all over the room and bathroom (also bed) 
One thing that was annoying was that I would have to go collect any girls from reception :/ 

I switched to 247 after recommendations from the line group, and I found it a much better stay. I had a standard room that was compact but felt a lot more modern. 
Staff were incredibly friendly and accommodating. The location is hilarious right next to honey 1 and I did get dragged in by staff when walked past lol 
Any girls from TF etc simply signed at reception and made their own way up. 

They also organised a relatively cheap taxi back to BKK for me at 4am lol, I was passed out the whole ride :/

I'm planning on booking 247 for my second trip in Feb and decided on trying their suite. 

This is a really old thread, but the information is still valuable -- just not to the OP. 555

For me, I like the implied intimacy of a smaller property, so with all else being equal, my choice would be for the smaller venue. I also recently spent a week in the mini-suite room at 247. Being something of an old guy, I really hate stepping over a tub wall to take a shower; I'm always imagining slipping, breaking some bone, and ending up in a compromising photo in Pattaya People News. "Old farang breaks bone in shower accident". The standard 247 room has no tub, only a standalone shower. The mini-suite room has a separate tub, and standalone shower. 

Here's where I wrote up my stay.

I only know the 247 hotel... I liked it, nice staff, good price quality... Only downside: If you are in the back and you want to sleep before 0200 ( yeah I know doesn't happen that much ) it can be noisy with the bars right under you...

• 2 weeks later...

At the end of the day I decided on staying at 247 Boutique, for me it was the right choice, I thought it was really good value for money, excellent location, very clean rooms, extra large and comfy bed and a fantastic shower with good pressure and lot's of hot water that didn't leak all over the bathroom floor ( unlike the shower I had during the later part of my vacation, Sofitel Suk BKK club floor room, bathroom floor was wet through every time the shower was used)

Staff at 247 were really kind and friendly too, small rooftop pool although I didn't use it. As mentioned previously can be a little noisy until the early hours from the surrounding bars, but that's the only downside I experienced

I would definitely stay there again without hesitation

• 4 weeks later...

Breakfast (x1) usually means one breakfast. :-) 

I usually stay at 247, and when I make my booking I specify it's for two adults. When I check in, I get breakfast coupons for two, since that is what my booking specified. As a disclaimer, the first time or two staying there they wanted to have the second person check in along with me, but since becoming a regular, they just give me the second breakfast now. 

If you want two breakfasts make sure you make your initial booking for two. That isn't a guarantee, but if you make a reservation for one, you'll assuredly only get breakfast for one.

12 hours ago, Mr_John said:

But i booked for 2 adults, so think should get 2 breakfasts to..

I will send them a mail and ask.

If you've booked via Agoda take a look at the website again. There's probably the option of breakfast for one person or two persons even if you've booked the room for two.

7 minutes ago, slalom said:

If you've booked via Agoda take a look at the website again. There's probably the option of breakfast for one person or two persons even if you've booked the room for two.

They answer my mail. and say its breakfast for 2.. problem solved

Archived