Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Areca Lodge or 247 Boutique Hotel (which one to choose?)

slalom

Hi I have pre booked both Areca and 247 Boutique for my trip in May 17

both can be cancelled for free near to the check in date

Can BM's who have stayed at both these properties help me decide which to choose please?

Booking details are

Areca Lodge Super Deluxe Double inc breakfast 11092 bht

I'm guessing Super Deluxe room is in the Evergreen Wing

247 Boutique hotel Mini Suite inc breakfast 12208 bht

6 nights duration

I haven't stayed at either property previously

I have stayed at both, here are the detailed reviews. Both are good, and share pretty much the same great location. Areca is much bigger and is a proper resort hotel, whereas 24/7 is much smaller and intimate. 24/7 is usually around 300-500THB cheaper than Areca (Evergreen). However, it looks like you can get Areca (Evergreen) cheaper - so go for it. 

(Is the price you quote for 7 nights?)

24 7 Boutique....hard to beat!

Areca Lodge - a Lottellee Winna Review - started 03 August 2016 - 09:30 PM" rel="">Areca Lodge - a Lottellee Winna Review

LOTTELLEE

Many thanks for your reviews and also your input

I am actually leaning more towards Areca but the only thing that's stopping me making a definate decision at the moment is the fact that Areca has showers over the bath and I much prefer a stand alone shower

My quoted price is for 6 nights then onto Bangkok for a further 6 nights before returning home

I'd love to stay longer but I can only get a max of 16 working days off at any one time

LOTTELLEE

Many thanks for your reviews and also your input

I am actually leaning more towards Areca but the only thing that's stopping me making a definate decision at the moment is the fact that Areca has showers over the bath and I much prefer a stand alone shower

My quoted price is for 6 nights then onto Bangkok for a further 6 nights before returning home

I'd love to stay longer but I can only get a max of 16 working days off at any one time

If you do decide to go with Areca, you might be best booking direct with the hotel - telling them that you intend joining the ACE club (see Areca website for details)...works out cheaper rooms + drinks/meals.

Personally, I would book a standard room (not suite) at 24/7...great value and nice boutique hotel.

If you do decide to go with Areca, you might be best booking direct with the hotel - telling them that you intend joining the ACE club (see Areca website for details)...works out cheaper rooms + drinks/meals.

Personally, I would book a standard room (not suite) at 24/7...great value and nice boutique hotel.

Thanks for your advice

I'll look into this

I've stayed at them, and they are both decent choices. However I found the bed at 247 too hard, it actually woke me up, it was that uncomfortable. Also, Areca has a much better pool.

I'm staying at the Areca in November. My cost per night is $48 for a standard room and breakfast. Although I'm thinking I should have just gotten it without so I could eat at the many places around town and watch the ladies go by in the morning, a bit more ragged from previous nights festivities. I liked to two pools they have there, reviews were great and very close to the action.

One thing I like about 24/7 to Areca is Areca has the old style shower that you have to step into tub. 24/7 has a nice walk in shower with a glass panel. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have stayed at both. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

For me personally the tipping point was modern room and bathroom so I chose 247 the last time I went. From my experience the Areca rooms need updating. They feel a bit tired and like others have mentioned I also prefer a walk in bathroom. I also found the wifi to be a hit and miss in areca. The location and pools are great at areca. You need to decide whats more important to you...

• 3 weeks later...

Just had 6 nights at the Areca Lodge. I was in the Corona wing, the older part on 5th floor. Pools were nice, hotel was very quiet, and only time I heard anything from other rooms was if I opened my door in the morning. I only ate breakfast there one morning, but they had a great selection for a westerner. The only issues I had were the stinginess on the towels . Must trade one dirty one for a clean one and they were quite thin. No extras. When multiple people come by in day that's a problem Plus be careful stepping out of tub. But it was a very convenient location. Close to lk nightlife, soi honey, the triangle area, and about a 15 minute sensory overload walk to the beach. Hey meester........no matter the time of day. Quite a few massage shops right around the corner. Also well within walking distance of Excite, 007, Carre blanc, Pirates, if you like that experience. For my first time I sure did. I would book here again without a doubt, but skip breakfast and head to Bake and Brew each day. Loved the fresh bread and I think it only cost 160 bhat for full breakfast

Just had 6 nights at the Areca Lodge. I was in the Corona wing, the older part on 5th floor. Pools were nice, hotel was very quiet, and only time I heard anything from other rooms was if I opened my door in the morning. I only ate breakfast there one morning, but they had a great selection for a westerner. The only issues I had were the stinginess on the towels . Must trade one dirty one for a clean one and they were quite thin. No extras. When multiple people come by in day that's a problem Plus be careful stepping out of tub. But it was a very convenient location. Close to lk nightlife, soi honey, the triangle area, and about a 15 minute sensory overload walk to the beach. Hey meester........no matter the time of day. Quite a few massage shops right around the corner. Also well within walking distance of Excite, 007, Carre blanc, Pirates, if you like that experience. For my first time I sure did. I would book here again without a doubt, but skip breakfast and head to Bake and Brew each day. Loved the fresh bread and I think it only cost 160 bhat for full breakfast

Am at the Areca Lodge now fancied the pool's in a Deluxe room which is a basic room overlooking the pool the bathroom has not been as bad as I thought good non slip floor. Wifi not had many problems done a few tests about 2 meg download speed so adequate for most needs. Breakfast is good certainly nowhere near the worst I have had.

I've stayed in both and given the prices OP is quoting I chose to stay in Areca.  The Evergreen wing is new and rooms are upto date, except the dumb shower over the bath which is a pain. However Areca has 2 big pools as well as pool side service - not just drinks but meals can be delivered to your sun lounger.

Also Areca breakfast is far superior. 24/7 breakfast is across the road in Honey Lodge and is not as good as what you get at Areca. 

And I know its a small, stupid point but at night I love walking out of the Areca reception standing on the steps overlooking Soi Diana and just weighing up in which direction I should begin the night's action.  :GoldenSmile1:

Just had 6 nights at the Areca lodge. I was in the Corona wing, the older part on 5th floor. Pools were nice, hotel was very quiet, and only time I heard anything from other rooms was if I opened my door in the morning. I only ate breakfast there one morning, but they had a great selection for a westerner. The only issues I had were the stinginess on the towels . Must trade one dirty one for a clean one and they were quite thin. No extras. When multiple people come by in day that's a problem Plus be careful stepping out of tub. But it was a very convenient location. Close to lk nightlife, soi honey, the triangle area, and about a 15 minute sensory overload walk to the beach. Hey meester........no matter the time of day. Quite a few massage shops right around the corner. Also well within walking distance of Excite, 007, Carre blanc, Pirates, if you like that experience. For my first time I sure did. I would book here again without a doubt, but skip breakfast and head to Bake and Brew each day. Loved the fresh bread and I think it only cost 160 bhat for full breakfast

Just had 6 nights at the Areca lodge. I was in the Corona wing, the older part on 5th floor. Pools were nice, hotel was very quiet, and only time I heard anything from other rooms was if I opened my door in the morning. I only ate breakfast there one morning, but they had a great selection for a westerner. The only issues I had were the stinginess on the towels . Must trade one dirty one for a clean one and they were quite thin. No extras. When multiple people come by in day that's a problem Plus be careful stepping out of tub. But it was a very convenient location. Close to lk nightlife, soi honey, the triangle area, and about a 15 minute sensory overload walk to the beach. Hey meester........no matter the time of day. Quite a few massage shops right around the corner. Also well within walking distance of Excite, 007, Carre blanc, Pirates, if you like that experience. For my first time I sure did. I would book here again without a doubt, but skip breakfast and head to Bake and Brew each day. Loved the fresh bread and I think it only cost 160 bhat for full breakfast

I thought the breakfast very average ,,,

• 3 weeks later...

I'm pretty much set on staying at the Areca for my trip but cancel without fee up to three days prior to my trip.

I just wondered, to those that have stayed there, if there is anyway of ensuring that I am in the Evergreen with pool view? A few trip adviser reviews suggest the Evergreen is where you want to be and on looking at the Areca's own website it appears that if booking a Super Deluxe (which I have) then that's the only wing with SD rooms?

Are all the SD rooms in Evergreen and do they all have pool view? On Agoda SD rooms are showing as City view. 

Just a bit confusing and any assistance on getting the right room would be very much appreciated. 

Also, it seems most rooms show as non-smoking, although I'm a smoker that's fine for me as I don't even smoke inside my house and won't want to smoke in my room. I'm assuming that smoking on the balcony won't be a problem or should I see about a smoking room.

Cheers

My only concern when I stayed at Areca was the glares from "normal" tourists around the pool with my bar fine.

A few families looking at me Like I'm a pervert.

I shouldn't care, but it didn't feel right, so I stopped taking them to the pool next morning.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

hi,

I stayed the last 2 times in Areca Lodge in evergreen building. very nice room, very quiet but very near to action, the only thing I did not like was that you have a only a bathtube and no separate shower

I've stayed at them, and they are both decent choices. However I found the bed at 247 too hard, it actually woke me up, it was that uncomfortable. Also, Areca has a much better pool.

I just finished a week stay at 247 Boutique. I wrote ahead and asked for a mattress topper for the bed. It solved the 'too hard' problem and was quite comfortable. They might be doing that for all the rooms now, since when I checked in and mentioned I didn't want 'bed like stone' they mentioned that that was a known problem, and they had taken care of it.

I'm pretty much set on staying at the Areca for my trip but cancel without fee up to three days prior to my trip.

I just wondered, to those that have stayed there, if there is anyway of ensuring that I am in the Evergreen with pool view? A few trip adviser reviews suggest the Evergreen is where you want to be and on looking at the Areca's own website it appears that if booking a Super Deluxe (which I have) then that's the only wing with SD rooms?

Are all the SD rooms in Evergreen and do they all have pool view? On Agoda SD rooms are showing as City view.

Just a bit confusing and any assistance on getting the right room would be very much appreciated.

Also, it seems most rooms show as non-smoking, although I'm a smoker that's fine for me as I don't even smoke inside my house and won't want to smoke in my room. I'm assuming that smoking on the balcony won't be a problem or should I see about a smoking room.

Cheers

The 3 hotel buildings were built at different times, and each building has it's own specially named rooms. Super Deluxe rooms are all in Evergreen.

It's OK to smoke on the balcony. There are warning signs in the room not to smoke in the room but they have an ashtray outside on the balcony.

And the Evergreen building is L shaped, so half of the rooms look directly at the pool, and the other half look out toward a low rise condominium that's the same height as the Evergreen and the back of the Avenue shopping center down the road, but it's really a nice view; the buildings aren't very close to each other, and there's lots of trees and foliage to see. And the rooms without the pool view get sun right on their balconies, and I see lots of folks lounging on their balconies and sun tanning. I've stayed in both many times, and IMO they're both fine. I spend so little time in the room that either one is fine.

I have stayed in Areca twice this year.

Evergreen wing is better than the rest of the hotel, the part you go through first from the road.

As for towels, suggest tip the chambermaid on arrival to ensure good supply, and leave 20 bahts on the pillow each morning to keep her happy.

Breakfast was good standard, included in room rate. Did not check if it was possible to book without the breakfast; if you can, there are plenty of places within a few minutes walk.

The 3 hotel buildings were built at different times, and each building has it's own specially named rooms. Super Deluxe rooms are all in Evergreen.

It's OK to smoke on the balcony. There are warning signs in the room not to smoke in the room but they have an ashtray outside on the balcony.

And the Evergreen building is L shaped, so half of the rooms look directly at the pool, and the other half look out toward a low rise condominium that's the same height as the Evergreen and the back of the Avenue shopping center down the road, but it's really a nice view; the buildings aren't very close to each other, and there's lots of trees and foliage to see. And the rooms without the pool view get sun right on their balconies, and I see lots of folks lounging on their balconies and sun tanning. I've stayed in both many times, and IMO they're both fine. I spend so little time in the room that either one is fine.

Thanks for that.

I'll send them a message and request pool view.

Cheers

I stayed at both and prefer 247. More modern rooms, better staff, cheaper, and omelet chef at breakfast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wi-fi in 24-7 is not good right? Want to book but Wi-Fi is putting me off

I had better wifi at 247 than with Areca. I was stuck in the main building at Areca. At 247 the only problem was that If you were inactive on your device for a few minutes it would kick you off and you have to reconnect with a passcode.

Wi-fi in 24-7 is not good right? Want to book but Wi-Fi is putting me off

So get a data plan on your tourist SIM card and not worry about the wifi. :-)

Archived