IGNORED

Lounges in Bangkok airport

benchod

Hi , I am in transit from Guanzhou for my connecting flight to India on 18 October at 20.50 hrs . I have a stop over for 5 hours . I would like to pay and use a lounge . Any info would be of great help

Sent from my SM-A800I using Tapatalk

pretty sure you can pay to get in louis tavern lounges.

nothing special but ok.

there are at least 2 air side at swampy 1 of which is much bigger than the other.

dunno how much but i'm sure i have seen people paying to get in.

food pretty basic and a range of both alcoholic and ordinary drinks

also known as CIP lounges, booking on line likely to be cheaper than just showing up

Seems expensive comes up from a UK site  £29 for 3 hrs   £60 for 5hrs  but if it is 5 hour layover by the time you got to the lounge and then to gate you would probably get away with 3 hrs.

https://www.sleepinginairports.net/airport-lounges/book-lounges.htm

i came up with a cheaper price by googling louis tavern bkk.

i get in them anyway as a freq flyer

i came up with a cheaper price by googling louis tavern bkk.

i get in them anyway as a freq flyer

Yes that is why I said UK site got 2 up both the same if you do it from elsewhere as you say it comes up cheaper. My Amex card gives me Priority Pass so no problem for me. 

Amex card has given me a priority pass but charged me 27 Usd dollars for each time I swipe At the lounges

Wanted to update just checked into the CIP Louis tavern lounge near gates G1 it's a bigger lounge and better than C concourse charges are 1000 baht . I paid with my priority pass

Amex card has given me a priority pass but charged me 27 Usd dollars for each time I swipe At the lounges

My Amex costs me about £300 a year had it as I worked abroad & gave me good insurance, gives me free access to lounges had a dozen this year so think I am getting my moneys worth

Wanted to update just checked into the CIP Louis tavern lounge near gates G1 it's a bigger lounge and better than C concourse charges are 1000 baht . I paid with my priority pass

well done.

so many people ask a question, get answers and never come back with a follow up either good or bad

There are at least 2 versions of the Priority Pass Select for Amex. The one that comes with the Amex Platinum and Centurion is free for the card holder, but $27 for 1 guest. The Gold and co-branded card version is $27 for the card holder, but that still beats the $50-60 fee you'd pay for entry without it. Plus, I can easily put down $27 worth of booze and food, so that's not all that bad. Keep in mind that BKK had Louis Tavern Dayroom Transit hotel right in the airport too.  Not sure how the card applies to those micro-hotel rooms, but worth checking out for any layover longer than 4 hours, but under 8 hours.

I got my Priority Pass from Chase Sapphire Reserve card.  It's free access for the card holder.  I don't know about the guest policy.  It's a relatively new card.   

I was charged 1000 baht for my wife to accompany me into the Louis Tavern lounge on G.

Not the most exciting lounge in the world but OK.

Has a smoking room, which some might like. Food isn't great, sandwiches, pastries, soup etc. A selection of beer,wine and spirits which are self-service. PCs and free Wi-Fi plus sockets available to charge your stuff. Pretty sure there are showers but don't quote me on that.

I have been told that the problem with not booking and paying on the door is they will refuse entry if it is busy.

Archived