IGNORED

Using prepaid credit cards to pay for hotel

doug

I buy and sell gift cards here in the US.  I have a bunch of $200 Visa and Mastercard gift cards are prepaid gift cards.  They are only able to be used in the US or online, but not in overseas for sure.  Here is my question - does anyone know if I can prepay my hotel through a company like hotels.com with a credit card.  It will save me about 20% on my hotel if I can do it this way.

I found the answer: Yes hotels.com does allow you to use the cards described above, but they can not split payment so you must book several nights and pay and then the next several nights and pay with a different card.

Also with that said any suggestions on a hotel for 11/8-12/6/16 with these items needed-

- inexpensive ($10-25 per night), cheaper the better per night or a monthly rate is great also.

- parking for my motorbike, AC, Elevator (lift), good wifi, decent bed, small balcony, cleaning 2x week with fresh linens.

- a flat screen tv would be nice also so I can connect an hdmi cable to it.

- Central Pattaya or close to it.  Most of my nights are spent near the entrance of Walking Street and around LK Metro, but I do not mind going a bit further out.  FYI - Nirun may be a bit too far off the path for me, but if that is my only option then it will work.  I generally use my motorbike to get around, but being near a baht bus would be helpful too if I decide to drink a few nights.  I do not use motorbike taxis.

I prefer 3rd floor or higher to allow leaving the patio door open at night and avoiding most of the flying insects at night. 

Any and all advice is appreciated. 

New addition to the topic of hotels.com

I found that I can use a hotels.com $500 gift card for $476 which is savings of almost 5%.  I know this is cheap charlie stuff, but it all adds up if you are on a budget like myself.  Those hotels must be prepaid in full hotels of course as you can not pay later with that card.  They only allow one gift card to be used per reservation, if that does not cover the entire amount then the balance can be paid with a credit card. 

Hope this helps someone.

Archived