Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

'JavaScript Disabled Detected'

davidge

I've had wifi issues today.

No webpage would load on iPad or iPhone when using wifi. This was the same in Safari, Chrome & Firefox. Google search results would show up but I couldn't click through to any webpage.

Spent ages on phone with Sky Support.

I ended up doing an internal reboot of the router via the admin page and changing the channel on the router. I had to do this on the PC as it wouldn't work on the iPad.

Anyway, everything seems to be working now BUT on this forum an error message 'JavaScript Disabled Detected' shows up at the top of the page.

I'd be grateful if someone could explain this, tell me if it matters & how to fix it if necessary.

Thanks.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Perhaps you need to enable Javascript in the browser you are using. If you don't know how type the name of your browser into Google followed by the words enable javascript.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Ok. Thanks.

It's just Safari as usual. I'm not aware I changed the settings for Javascript & I didn't get the message before today.

Guess I must have changed something when trying to solve the earlier problem!

Edit: No. JavaScript IS enabled in settings but I still get the message on the forum :-(

Can you test this using your computers on a wired connection? Example: Wired internet to a modem/router in your lodging but you are using wireless from there. Test by connecting by cable to one of the ethernet ports on the device.

If no problems, then it's your wifi. If problems persist it could be in issue with the box itself. If you've made no changes in your phone or computers the problem should not be with those. Trying to connect using public wifi somewhere might also help to troubleshoot. Good luck. 

Can you test this using your computers on a wired connection? Example: Wired internet to a modem/router in your lodging but you are using wireless from there. Test by connecting by cable to one of the ethernet ports on the device.

If no problems, then it's your wifi. If problems persist it could be in issue with the box itself. If you've made no changes in your phone or computers the problem should not be with those. Trying to connect using public wifi somewhere might also help to troubleshoot. Good luck.

Thanks.

The initial problems were certainly caused by the wifi router. Everything worked fine on PC and using mobile data.

Fixing that problem seems to have now caused this JavaScript issue.

I've tried a hard reset of iPad & toggling JavaScript off and on but it's still there.

I will try reloading the forum on mobile data to see if it works but there's no signal at the moment - often the case where I live!

I often surf the web using Safari with JavaScript off. If I happen to come here with it off, I do indeed get that message. I usually turn it back on but, as far as I can tell, the only thing that needs JavaScript are the pulldown menus at top with Notifications and maybe your profile menu. I haven't had a problem with posts and/or replies but possiblyI never tried them with JavaScript off. I can't check at the moment as I'm on a Windows machine in Soi Lengkee internet cafe.

Also note, there are check boxes for both Java and JavaScript in the Safari Preferences (at least in my version). As far as I can tell, you never need Java, just JavaScript.

I can only see JavaScript in my options.

Yes, I'd noticed the pull down menus don't work.

Also, a video in one thread doesn't work now but it did before this issue. I'm guessing none will work?

Don't know if I'll be able to post videos either?

Solved.

I switched the router channel back to the original 'auto' then switched iPad off & on and cleared history.

JavaScript now working again.

I still think there's an issue with the router to cause the problems in the first place!

Archived