IGNORED

New visa question by flying out of Thailand

Gaztop08

Hi guys on my next trip might be staying more than 90 days.Will have single entry visa soon.What is the best country for cost etc to travel to(by air) to get a new visa?

Thanks

How much longer than 90 days are you planning on staying? If the whole trip is less than 150 days you wouldn't need to get a visa. You could stay out a couple of days before flying back to get 30 days that can be extended by a further 30 days. Of course your original 60 day visa can be extended for 30 days as well.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

How much longer than 90 days are you planning on staying? If the whole trip is less than 150 days you wouldn't need to get a visa. You could stay out a couple of days before flying back to get 30 days that can be extended by a further 30 days. Of course your original 60 day visa can be extended for 30 days as well.

Agree with the above. If you do fly probably Phnom Penh is the cheapest.

But you need to factor in the cost of a Cambodian Visa. If you fly to HCM you don't need a visa. (depending on which country you are from).

bangkok to kuala lumpur (malaysia) was a pretty cheap and short flight last year and you don't need a visa for malaysia, just a return ticket within 3 months.

Phnom Penh is the best if you want to have some fun while they're getting your visa ready . 

Laos Vientiane is another option but better to fly up to Udon and take the bus from there . 

Not much mongering in Vientiane though . 

you are asking for help that can best be done on line these days.

look for cheap flights from utapao airport only 250 each way

go on the cheapest flight.

i just looked airasia 5800 return.

or try phillipines and go to angeles cebu pacific may have a special.

i got tickets for 1 baht there and 1 peso back only paid taxes from what i remember the total was under 100AUD

or extend jomtien for another 30 1900 then do land visa run chance of 30 if no others in passport or guaranteed 15 2100

theres 105 days minimum  for 4000 that could be 120

and 2100 per run for extra 15 days

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

I have recently done Malaysia and Hong Kong. Found HK the most efficient. No questions in the embassy or upon re-entry. Been hoping out and back in for a few years as I'm not retirement visa eligible.

Daryle

Well I've got my visa now and with immigration extension can get 90 days.Probably get 5 month plane ticket(flexible return) and decide when out there how long to stay.I suppose like you say if I only want to stay 30 more days after 90 then don't need a visa.Not really interested in land border run.

A visa from the Thai embassy in Manila is easy to get, I get 2 a year with no problem, BUT takes two working days to issue. Lodge before 12noon day 1 pickup after 3pm day 3. Cebupacificair.com has a lot of promos for flights BKK to MLA and you get 30 days stay without a visa tho you will be asked for a return ticket at check-in.

• 5 weeks later...

Some of you guys are giving places one can go to get another visa for re-entry into Thailand without telling us what country you're from. I'm guessing you're all from a major Western nation like the UK, the USA or Australia.

Not all nationalities can just exit Thailand, enter another country and get another visa to get back into Thailand; at least not so easily.

e.g. as an American I (think(?) I) know I can go to Phnom Penh for 3-5 days and, while I'm there, get another 60 day visa to re-enter Thailand. Is Hong Kong a possibility ? Kuala Lumpur ?

If any of you can list a few cities/countries an AMERICAN can go to for a few days and have a rather easy time getting another Thai visa for re-entry I'd be grateful.

TIA

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

Some of you guys are giving places one can go to get another visa for re-entry into Thailand without telling us what country you're from. I'm guessing you're all from a major Western nation like the UK, the USA or Australia.

Not all nationalities can just exit Thailand, enter another country and get another visa to get back into Thailand; at least not so easily.

e.g. as an American I (think(?) I) know I can go to Phnom Penh for 3-5 days and, while I'm there, get another 60 day visa to re-enter Thailand. Is Hong Kong a possibility ? Kuala Lumpur ?

If any of you can list a few cities/countries an AMERICAN can go to for a few days and have a rather easy time getting another Thai visa for re-entry I'd be grateful.

TIA

Laos and Cambodia are the easiest from Thailand . No problems for Americans . 

Thanks jerry.

Just to be clear, this 60 day visa, from the embassy in Cambodia, can also be extended and additional 30 days with a trip to Jomtien, yes ?

• 1 month later...

Jerry,why are Laos and Cambodia the best places to fly to to get another 60 day visa?

With very very cheap flights and no in going visa costs. I would have thought Ho Chi Minh would be

the best option for Americans and Europeans.

I am probably missing something that experienced Visa applicants know and would be grateful to

now the downside of HCM over PP eg.

Thank you.

A visa from the Thai embassy in Manila is easy to get, I get 2 a year with no problem, BUT takes two working days to issue. Lodge before 12noon day 1 pickup after 3pm day 3. Cebupacificair.com has a lot of promos for flights BKK to MLA and you get 30 days stay without a visa tho you will be asked for a return ticket at check-in.

I know people will do their due diligence but still you should be careful when listing such things as airport code.

MLA is MALTA. MNL is Manila.

Quite a difference,,,,,,,,,,,,, but thanks for Cebu Air,,,,,,,,

Jerry,why are Laos and Cambodia the best places to fly to to get another 60 day visa?

With very very cheap flights and no in going visa costs. I would have thought Ho Chi Minh would be

the best option for Americans and Europeans.

I am probably missing something that experienced Visa applicants know and would be grateful to

now the downside of HCM over PP eg.

Thank you.

Never looked at HCM as the Vietnam visa was a hassle but if the visa fees are truly

skipped (still a bit unclear from the websites i looked on) it is another option . 

If you like to do some mongering on the side the other 2 are better options though as 

the girls in Nam ask for crazy money . 

Don't know if the Thai embassy in HCM is easy to deal with or not ? 

Archived