Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Beach restaurants demolition - Na Jomtien

Oukiva

First, for those who don't know this place, Na Jomtien starts at the extreme South of Jomtien beach, more or less where the "river" is. The demolitions occur on the beach on the west of the land who extends along the river exit. See here on GoogleMap

523.jpg

The Na Jomtien "river"

524.jpg

Na Jomtien beach road. River on the right, beach & sea on the left.

526.jpg

South of this beach road, no more road and no evident construction on the beach

527.jpg

The beach could be nice, but rubbish everywhere :(

530.jpg

Drifter Cafe "on the beach"

531.jpg

Sea Falcon "on the beach"

533.jpg

Clear water and lot of fishes ;)

534.jpg

Digger at work. 2 of them.

537.jpg

From here to the North extremity,

everything on the sea-side of the street has been destroyed

538.jpg

539.jpg

Kind enough to not destroy that ;)

540.jpg

Ton Hat sea-side part of the restaurant. River side part untouched.

542.jpg

At the North extremity, nothing left...

541.jpg

even on the river side.

544.jpg

Fishing boats on the river

545.jpg

And a new condo being built in the middle

547.jpg

Public land encroachment.

549.jpg

551.jpg

It's a shame the quantity of concrete they poured on the beach along the years!

Here should be a 15 meters wide sand beach :(

554.jpg

Counting its last days...

556.jpg

same...

557.jpg

same for everything built on the sea-side of the street

558.jpg

From the North extremity to this 90° turn of the street.

I hope they clean up the mess and don't just demolish the buildings.
I also wonder if this is another type of land grab.

Hope they do it everywhere - but I doubt it.

Lots of places in Thailand been ruined by illegal development. Make the greedy sods pay to restore it all & lock them up.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

the rules are always a changin.... i remember when they said buddha hill was sacred and no buildings could be built close by. Except for the massive condo development being built now :-)

The playa haters ball gives us an opportunity to hate on a diversionary of markass marks, trickass marks, punk bitches, and skip skaps, skanks, and scallywags...hoes, heffers, he ha's, and hulyhoops. 

- Silky Johnson

I remember when they said buddha hill was sacred and no buildings could be built close by.

Except for the massive condo development being built now :-)

Depends what you call "close".

Big Buddha is inside a national park where - obviously - no condo can be built :)

The nearest massive condo is Unixx and is more than 500m/600yd from Buddha statue.

interesting pics.

i know where the area is but i have never been there.

that condo under construction in the pics i think is called "the whale"

I wonder about the glass house and the huge Italian place next to it.  hard to believe they will touch them

I wonder about the glass house and the huge Italian place next to it.  hard to believe they will touch them

IMHO they are not at risk. The beach limit seems to be the line of big trees, or the small alley along them, and both these 2 restaurant are east of this line.

At worse they could have a (small) problem with tables they install on the beach. In other places restaurants have been allowed to continue to use the beach this way, but only in evenings and if everything is removed from the beach every night (Empty beach during the day).

Edit: It's the Glass*House restaurant, http://www.glasshouse-pattaya.com/, not the agogo that this forum automatically linked to :wink:

And I see on their website they built small alleys on the beach... Maybe not good?

IMHO they are not at risk. The beach limit seems to be the line of big trees, or the small alley along them, and both these 2 restaurant are east of this line.

At worse they could have a (small) problem with tables they install on the beach. In other places restaurants have been allowed to continue to use the beach this way, but only in evenings and if everything is removed from the beach every night (Empty beach during the day).

Edit: It's the Glass*House restaurant, http://www.glasshouse-pattaya.com/, not the agogo that this forum automatically linked to :wink:

And I see on their website they built small alleys on the beach... Maybe not good?

thats pretty much what I was talkig about, way too many tables to move, by the time they move them they will be closed.   They are being too aggressive, sitting on the sand is pleasant, and there is a lot of open beach, but I guess they cant play favorites

A little bit different, but still about encroachment south in Na Jomtien :

Encroaching restaurant’s extension set for demolition

Chonburi has ordered the demolition of Srinuan restaurant’s waterfront extension encroaching on public property.

http://www.pattayamail.com/news/encroaching-restaurants-extension-set-demolition-150998

Na Jomtien is pretty hardcore when it comes to laws. i just hope they leave it alone. drifters and Glasshouse are my favorite quick little get-aways

• 4 weeks later...

And one month latter...

325.jpg

324.jpg

327.jpg

They have removed all what they had demolished, and most of the concrete plaques that were on the beach itself.

328.jpg

New beach encroachment? :wink:

I understand that they (Pattaya City workers) have stopped the demolition for this year, giving a last high season to Sea Falcon restaurant and Drifters Cafe "on the beach", but they will come back in January to "clean" everything still on the beach.

332.jpg

A digger was still at work this week though, and the wall on the left is Drifter's...!

I hope they clean up the mess and don't just demolish the buildings.

I also wonder if this is another type of land grab.

All the illegal structures that were encroaching pay the police.

This is just more yellow vs red politics I believe. I don't think the Army cares about the environment.

The Junta, stripping funds & crushing their political enemies is what we are seeing all over the country.

• 2 weeks later...

I will be very sad if Drifters goes. It is one of my favourite spots for a long lazy afternoon watching the sea and chatting with my friend of the day.

We can sail there in less than an hour, park our boats on the beach, have a Pie and beer the sail back.

I will miss it.

grit

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the pictures ... I live in Nong Prue... and have been looking for a place on the beach with fewer people ... love the picture of the clear water and fish

Sent from my SM-T715Y using Tapatalk

Archived