Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Mercure Hotel

Derbynjoan

Does anybody know if there is a quick cut through from second rd or is this place really isolated, please?

Any useful comments welcome  as it is one I don't know at all, but looks OK on booking agencies.

Does anybody know if there is a quick cut through from second rd or is this place really isolated, please?

Any useful comments welcome  as it is one I don't know at all, but looks OK on booking agencies.

Yes there a shortcut through the Avenue , I stayed there Jan last year , wasn't that impressed , lots of families there , pool was freezing .. my bed was rock hard and I thought the room was a bit tired , checked out five days early ( I had mistakenly paid half when I checked in , so left as soon as poss )

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

Many thanks.'Nuff said.

I had a week at Mercure 3 weeks ago, and to be honest I would look for something else next time, this hotel is too ols and not worth the money anymore.

Hi

My opinion is a little different...stayed there about 3 times, its 5 minutes from Beach Rd, Soi Buakhow and has a 7-11 virtually next door ;), I liked the pool and yes it has families staying there but it also has single girls staying there as well (have seen this twice when staying there IE on two seperate stays + I think it is used by one of the Eastern Euro airlines for crew IE hosties, saw them by the pool for a couple of days and then in uniform checking out), yes it is old but the rooms are clean and the WiFi works very well (I work online so this is very important to me), no joiner fee and reception ask for ID & hold it & check all is ok when your friend is leaving, breakfast....not bad but get in early if the tour groups are staying, 

Has in house massage as well, cute massage girls and massage in room available ;)

Worth staying if you want to get your Accor membership points up as (cheap) nights here count towards status etc

Would I stay there again, yes, now dont need to, have TGF ;) and condo (rented ;(

Great location as it is very quiet but central. Cut through the Avenue to 2nd road or the lane down the side of The Pride condo to soi Dianna / LK etc.

• 1 month later...

This hotel is known as a ghost hotel to many locals or long termers Pattaya

The almost complete hotel site was abandoned during the Asian crisis in 1997 and lay unfinished for a number of years

During that time it was used as a yaba den and was often the scene of murders or apparent "suicides"

A lot of locals will refuse to stay in this hotel to its reputation...

This hotel is known as a ghost hotel to many locals or long termers Pattaya

The almost complete hotel site was abandoned during the Asian crisis in 1997 and lay unfinished for a number of years

During that time it was used as a yaba den and was often the scene of murders or apparent "suicides"

A lot of locals will refuse to stay in this hotel to its reputation...

LOL! You don't need to scare me. Mercure is so bad and I have no plan to go back. It was the worst Accor hotel I have ever stayed!

Great location and pool, rock hard beds, stupid and uncomfortable deck chairs on balcony.

I won't stay there again even they offer free round trip transporation from swampy to Pattaya! LOL!

Archived