IGNORED

Shanghai - Puxi New Century Hotel

Marc69

Thumbs up for the staff, thumbs down for the hotel

I have stayed luckily just one night in this hotel, which is about 30 min drive from Hongqiao and 60 min from Pudong airport away. You can reach the most things like Bund or inner city within 15 minutes drive and the cab cost is about 20 RMB for each destination, what is quite cheap.

The surrounding there is very bleak as well the vista is too. For one business night okay, but not the best spot to start your honeymoon.

The lobby looks nice and the staff tried to help as far as they could all the time for all kinds of questions which was the biggest plus point. With a kind smile I was allowed to check out 2 hours later. Further more a second room card for uninterrupted electricity was handed over and last but not least they organized a cab to drop me at the airport. Thumbs up for the staff!

The elevator is very fast, but in the rush hour you have to be a bit patient.
The rooms size is okay, the bath room is a little bit tiny and with a glass front to the room, which can be covered according to your preference. The room all over looks hard used/worn out. Looking at the wardrobes and the carpets you think you have landed in a maximum 2 star place.
One more positive experience was the water temperature and the water pressure which were absolutely satisfying.
The quality of the mattress was okay and the sleeping quality would have been perhaps good if the place wouldn't have been such loud from the neighborhood and traffic.
The fact I couldn't close my window completely, because the window frame didn't fit the window anymore, didn't support the plan to reduce the noise level at all.

The free internet connection you can forget, both the Ethernet and wireless one. Better you be prepared to get there no i-net connection. My provided speed has been between 4 and 6 kb/s, what was really annoying.

The breakfast was terrible. The smell at the buffet killed your hunger in a reliable way. The size of the selection was okay, but the available things didn't make the impression as they wanted to be eaten. To be fair I have to say that I am not a big fan from Chinese food as presented there, even I love Asian food since I live in Asia for more than one decade.

I can't give a recommendation to stay at this hotel and without the always hard trying staff it would have been a very disappointing experience.

Room Tip: If you want to have a good room, choose another hotel.

Archived