IGNORED

Portable Internet Options in Pattaya

Highlander

I want to buy my TGF a mobile wireless access point, but I am unsure as to what options are available.

Here in Australia I have a Vivid wireless wireless modem router that I use when roaming that connects to the 4g network and I can connect 5 devices via wireless to it at good connection speeds.

There is very little information on what is available in Thailand, specifically Pattaya about anything other than Aircards, and even that info is not up to date.

i'd like to look at PCMCIA as well as USB 2 options (her laptop will probably not be USB3, I just never checked)

What is available at Tukcom and how expensive to buy and for download?

Thanks in advance.

She should be able to use her phone to provide internet access to other devices.

Other than that you can get a dongle to connect to mobile internet: eg Internet Modem 3G Wireless with Sim Card Slot

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

• 2 weeks later...

Hotspot via the phone (very easy and just plug it in while doing that to keep it charged), I do it all the time, or a USB Dongle.

Hotspot via the phone (very easy and just plug it in while doing that to keep it charged), I do it all the time, or a USB Dongle.

USB dongles are useless if there is no USB socket in which to plug. People sometime need to use their phones for other purpose. Sometimes even needing to take them outside with them. Not good if you are uploading/downloading something at home.

true shop at tucom dont sell data only sim cards for mobile routers. they told me to go to 7/11. i did but im now stuck with a sim that only works in mobiles.cost me 200bt

true shop at tucom dont sell data only sim cards for mobile routers. they told me to go to 7/11. i did but im now stuck with a sim that only works in mobiles.cost me 200bt

All SIMs work for data regardless of what you may have assumed. 

Just apply the data package that you want on it. 

A few examples: http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/topping/promotion&activity_en.html

thanks for that link ginjoint.i looked into it and by chance got talking to somebody and i realised it was time to leave my 3g device and get a upgraded package on my phone,which has 4g.so im off to central festival as soon as i find some motivation

Archived