Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Golf Newby

bigflo

Hi to all Members!

Is there a Golf Club in Pattaya, where i can try to play Golf and can learn it?

I think there must be a cheaper way to learn Golf in Thailand then in Kitzbühel Austria where i live.

Maybe some of you Golfers can help me with some information.

Thank you for your help fellows!

Toward Sattahip there is a Navy 9 Hole Course..Intersection Rt side of Road...Caddys will teach you the Rules and how to play....Begginers often start here...Under 500 Baht with Caddy and have clubs to rent if you don't have any...Often not very busy so a Great place for any Golfer who wants to learn....Several driving ranges as well if you have Never swung a Golf club you may want to go there First..

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

on soi siam country club, just near planet football is "long drive" driving range. They have a great facility and a teaching pro as well

The playa haters ball gives us an opportunity to hate on a diversionary of markass marks, trickass marks, punk bitches, and skip skaps, skanks, and scallywags...hoes, heffers, he ha's, and hulyhoops. 

- Silky Johnson

Driving ranges usually have a "pro" or two who give lessons, e.g. Diana, Greenway. I have not seen a teacher in Pattaya that i would recommend unfortunately.

Most are not real pros and not good players themselves.

Golf is difficult to learn, though in theory it shouldn't be.

For a beginner you usually struggle to do it half ok, then then you assume its you that's the problem, because the "pro" must know what he's talking about. When it may be the teaching that's making it difficult. There are many ways to swing a golf club effectively, the way you do it has to suit your body type and personality/temperament.

If you have the time and inclination to prepare yourself, get just one club and "whiff'' ball (a soft sponge ball that goes nowhere), learn to grip the club and how to stand, these basics are fairly universal and easily found online, look at the ball and just get used to putting the club on the ball with small half swing motions.

The big difference between golf and other "bat and ball" sports is that the golf swing has a very stable centre point even when arms ,shoulders, hips and legs are all moving quite fast. This point is your neck vertebrae just above your shoulders, everything moves around this point, thats why they say to "look at the ball" and "keep your head still". Looking at the ball is important because your mind/body/hands need a reference point.

Practice slow half swings, get used to feeling your body/arms moving, a relaxed motion with tension in certain  places, get used to feeling things, get used to feeling in motion and feeling stable at the same time. Give yourself time to put the club on the ball.

it can be enjoyable. Good luck.

There are many golf bars in pattaya. Perhaps visit some and ask the guys there about how to get started. They might know a good teaching pro.

Go and play the little 9 hole course at Asia Pattaya,Pratamnak Soi 4.

Head to Kinnaree to sign your score card.

Repeat for 280 days.

If you are still in Austria, my suggestion would be to get fitted for a set of clubs by a pro there. They speak your language, and will most likely be able to set you up properly with clubs suitable for you to start off with. Have a couple of lessons as well. Yes, you'll pay a little more, but your grounding will be better.

Once you get to Pattaya, and you have had a little grounding in the game, and a set of clubs suited for you, you can buy all the clothes, balls and other accessories quite cheaply. You then can hit lots of balls at the practise ranges there cheaply. Ask around, I'm sure there are decent teaching pros there somewhere.

When you feel ready to play, start off at somewhere like Le Katai, who play social golf daily at a cheap rate. You will play with and associate with all sorts of golfers. Learn from them. Once you become more proficient and comfortable, they will help you get a handicap and push you in the right direction.

Stay away from the toughest courses at first, they will break your heart. Talk to the other golfers, tell them you are a newbie, they will give you lots of advice, some good, some bad.

Do some research on line about golf etiquette and rules, Play at a good pace. Enjoy yourself. You won't become good overnight, but it's a great journey.

If you are interested, PM me. I have an Australian mate living in Pattaya who is a qualified instructor. He charges around 1,000THB an hour. He certainly helped me get my handicap down a bit.

For a professional instructor I can recommend Tyrone at TPR - www.tprgolfacademy.com

50 minute lessons are 1500 baht but you get a reduction for buying a package and there is a PSC discount - he also does a specific beginner package I believe.

I have used him personally and know of a number of others where he has taught them based on their individual circumstances so not just a one trick pony as it were. Also as he is from Switzerland I think he speaks German if that makes any difference.

Another guy Andrew who used to work with him is now based at Phoenix (which may be too far for the OP) and he is also very good IMO

All good advice in here, golf is a game which will take a long time to learn even the basics but, believe me, you will be so glad you decided to take it up.

Even after a few years you are still learning this game but I will say probably after about 6 months you will have enough knowledge and skills to go out and enjoy it.

I won't even get started on the hot, cute little caddies around Pattaya.

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

All good advice in here, golf is a game which will take a long time to learn even the basics but, believe me, you will be so glad you decided to take it up.

Even after a few years you are still learning this game but I will say probably after about 6 months you will have enough knowledge and skills to go out and enjoy it.

I won't even get started on the hot, cute little caddies around Pattaya.

Good observations mate. I only took up golf under 10 years ago and I did so to allow me to play a competitive sport into my old age. When you take the game up, you have to recognize that it's two steps forward and one step back. That said, taking up golf is one of the best things I ever did. I play 3 times a week in the glorious Thai sunshine and of course, it's a great way to meet people.

Good observations mate. I only took up golf under 10 years ago and I did so to allow me to play a competitive sport into my old age. When you take the game up, you have to recognize that it's two steps forward and one step back. That said, taking up golf is one of the best things I ever did. I play 3 times a week in the glorious Thai sunshine and of course, it's a great way to meet people.

haha...you bastard LW....3 times a week in the Thai sunshine

I play twice a week in the southern Australian winter (atm)....but the summers are beautiful here.

I started about 45 years ago.....so grateful now because it's introduced me to golf (and other stuff) in Thailand.

Youtube is your friend, tips on everything. I watch quite a bit and if i like an idea i give it a go.

I like evolving my swing, i wouldn't go to a pro anymore, but for a newby or someone snookered its a good idea

Youtube is your friend, tips on everything. I watch quite a bit and if i like an idea i give it a go.

I like evolving my swing, i wouldn't go to a pro anymore, but for a newby or someone snookered its a good idea

Yes mate, glad I took lessons at the beginning, but I don't want them anymore. Just watching good golfers and then trying out a few things down the range works for me.

haha...you bastard LW....3 times a week in the Thai sunshine

I play twice a week in the southern Australian winter (atm)....but the summers are beautiful here.

I started about 45 years ago.....so grateful now because it's introduced me to golf (and other stuff) in Thailand.

Yes mate golf 3 times a week up here in Issan and 6 lads golf weeks a year Patts/HuaHin/KowYai/Konchanburi/ChiangMai....it's a tough life being retired  :WinkGrin1:

Yes mate golf 3 times a week up here in Issan and 6 lads golf weeks a year Patts/HuaHin/KowYai/Konchanburi/ChiangMai....it's a tough life being retired  :WinkGrin1:

I fuckin' hate you LW...... :ThumbUp6:

I fuckin' hate you LW...... :ThumbUp6:

Mate PM me next time your coming to Patts....let's have a game. :ThumbUp6:

Mate PM me next time your coming to Patts....let's have a game. :ThumbUp6:

Yep, will do

Archived