MisterKash

Pattaya Condo purchase

MisterKash

What's your take on all the hype with the condos being sold. Where is the best area to buy. And what is a decent price to pay. Do you but as a foreigner or as a Thai. I'm lost, but got yellow fever so I must buy, right????

Edge

Post Count needed?

Scumbag

The first step is to make a decision how how and where you want to live. You need to rent for a while to come to that decision. Nobody else can do it for you.

Billyboy294

If you are looking for a long time stay then it is a question of how much are you prepared to pay. I would suggest around 2.5 million.would get you a nice place to live.

It is a balancing act between price of a nice place and location and whether you need a swimming pool. if you have car or motor cycle then location is not so important.

Edited by Billyboy294

Colin back in Pattaya

Only BUY a place if you are confident you will not want to sell it later! Selling 2nd hand property here is far from easy, can take a long time, and you could well get less than you paid for the place.

Renting is often easier and gives you the flexibility to move if you see a better location or property later. I know this goes against conventional Western property advice, but Thailand is not the West.

Gone-east

Could honourable members also advise on the best girl in Pattaya at the moment please and also where and how much I should pay for a decent Chang. Thanks.

MisterKash

So, here is what I bought. I bought one condo unit in The Cloud on Pratumnak Hill. I got it as investment as I will go there once a year for a couple of weeks. The rest of the time, I am looking to rent it out. It won't be ready till the end of 2017. Is it a good investment for 2mil baht? I am not looking to sell it for possible another ten yrs. do you think I will recover my investment or just make the best of it

MisterKash

It sounds from the comments I should of not bought the property. Won't the market increase in value. Even after 10yrs, I should be able to recoup my initial investment, right? I don't see why it not a good investment. What am I missing here. Do tell

Pheat

It sounds from the comments I should of not bought the property. Won't the market increase in value. Even after 10yrs, I should be able to recoup my initial investment, right? I don't see why it not a good investment. What am I missing here. Do tell

You buy a property in Patts without due diligence?

Do you have to mutt money?

davidge

Lots of empty condos.

Lots of new unsold condos.

Sellers dropping prices & still not able to sell.

Developers still building yet more condos.

Uncertain political future.

If you can afford to lose the money and want somewhere to live, OK.

Investment? Better off going to Vegas & trying roulette.

MisterKash

I did some research on the Internet and decided to take the plunge. I figured if I stay in Pattaya for a month for the next ten yrs, it should pay off. At least, I'm hoping it will. And if I had "mutt" money, I would of bought more. 5555

MisterKash

Davidge,

Damm dude, I screwed the pooch on this one then. I don't understand if there is a surplus of condos available, why in hell do they keep building them. Sooner or later saturation will destroy the market there.

And by the way, it's a safer gamble then vegas where the odds are never in your favor

Highlander

What's your take on all the hype with the condos being sold. Where is the best area to buy. And what is a decent price to pay. Do you but as a foreigner or as a Thai. I'm lost, but got yellow fever so I must buy, right????

http://www.domain-property.com/

Petesie

I rented for the first year, nice place in the Urban behind the Avenue Mall and I'm glad I did as I found it's just too small.

Next rental will be a house to see how that goes.

Rent first.

MisterKash

Petesie, what was the size. Was it under 40sqmeters

davidge

Davidge,

Damm dude, I screwed the pooch on this one then. I don't understand if there is a surplus of condos available, why in hell do they keep building them. Sooner or later saturation will destroy the market there.

And by the way, it's a safer gamble then vegas where the odds are never in your favor

A lot of developers have nothing to lose.

They use none of their own money.

Actual building etc done via arms' length company.

Buyers' deposits, payments etc siphoned off.

Project delayed or goes bust they still walk away with that money.

Welcome to property development in Thailand!

MisterKash

That explains everything. Nothing for the developers to use. I guess I better pray that the project I bought into gets finished soon and on time!

regyai

Dear me

Surely you didn't 'buy' an imaginary condo

with

REAL money

Tsk tsk

Never mind

you're American

and

coincidentally I have this bridge in London if you're interested

Stillearly

I did some research on the Internet and decided to take the plunge. I figured if I stay in Pattaya for a month for the next ten yrs, it should pay off. At least, I'm hoping it will. And if I had "mutt" money, I would of bought more. 5555

That explains everything. Nothing for the developers to use. I guess I better pray that the project I bought into gets finished soon and on time!

What's the point of the thread if you have already bought ...???

Edited by Stillearly

MisterKash

My investment property is with Global Top group in Pratumnak Hill. My question was it worth it paying $2mil baht for a condo that I will use on average once a month and then eventually sell in 10yrs. Also, is global top group trustworthy. Has anybody dealt with them before.

KingMidas

Could honourable members also advise on the best girl in Pattaya at the moment please and also where and how much I should pay for a decent Chang. Thanks.

You forgot

- How much is the Baht Bus?

- How much Sin Sot should I pay for a 3-Holer?

- How can my new Thai BG have so many Sisters?

- Why is my new Thai BG so devoted to her brother?

- Is the New Nordic 10% ROI Guarantee risky?

- How much allowance should I give my new Thai BG?

Edited by KingMidas

dave01

My investment property is with Global Top group in Pratumnak Hill. My question was it worth it paying $2mil baht for a condo that I will use on average once a month and then eventually sell in 10yrs. Also, is global top group trustworthy. Has anybody dealt with them before.

Condos here, IMO, are a bit like bars....  By all means buy one or two or three, but be prepared to take a loss.  In other words, no harm in doing it, so long as you are prepared to lose. Don't invest money you can't afford to lose in other words.

Not all condos are losers. It does depend on the building you have bought into, with  location, facilities etc....  There are plenty of nay sayers about buying condos, but if you do your homework, and buy a decent place in a decent building, you should be fine.

As for why the Thais keep building?  IMO, they have absolutely no concept of supply & demand. But I will wander off a bit, they seem to be like the Chinese, in that they build for the perceived future demand rather than the current demand. China has built whole cities where there are no residents at the moment, but are looking to the future with them.  Maybe not so silly to build now, at today's prices, rather than build 15 years down the track when prices have multiplied?

Edge

As for why the Thais keep building?  IMO, they have absolutely no concept of supply & demand. But I will wander off a bit, they seem to be like the Chinese, in that they build for the perceived future demand rather than the current demand. China has built whole cities where there are no residents at the moment, but are looking to the future with them.  Maybe not so silly to build now, at today's prices, rather than build 15 years down the track when prices have multiplied?

The trick of course is to make that "perceived future" become reality (not just realty  :WinkGrin1: )

I'll guess that City Hall and TOT must have convinced those investing that it will happen, albeit that NCPO may have an effect eg. Waterfront.

On a general point, buying for self occupation is clearly different to 'investing' in Condo's - the latter surely doesn't seem a good idea.