IGNORED

Anyone for the New i-Phone 7?

Petesie

iPhone 8 is supposed to be the major change, 7 was just a few tweaks and its not been a very successful model by Apple standards.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3771104/iphone-8-apples-next-smartphone-has-the-internet-going-crazy/

The Inquisitor takes the piss on Apple whenever they can. It's like reading Fox News, how they spin shit. 

As far as not popular, that's rubbish too. The 7+ camera model is going crazy fast, and in the first month they sold 104% of the market's profits (technically impossible, but only so because of the Note 7's explosive sales)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that Samsung's Note failure may have helped Apple to a degree but it seems Apple didn't expect 7 to do better than its previous models

http://www.cio.com/article/3124417/smartphones/why-didnt-apple-release-iphone-7-sales-numbers.html

iPhone 8 will be the 10 year anniversary of the iPhone launch and nearly everyone is expecting it to be a major new product, not a few tweaks like the 7.

Personally I cant see a reason for an existing iPhone user to upgrade to the 7 unless they just must have the latest one and no reason for someone to buy and try an iPhone for the 1st time.

The 8 though could be groundbreaking and its certainly worth waiting to see what it offers..

I think that Samsung's Note failure may have helped Apple to a degree but it seems Apple didn't expect 7 to do better than its previous models

http://www.cio.com/article/3124417/smartphones/why-didnt-apple-release-iphone-7-sales-numbers.html

iPhone 8 will be the 10 year anniversary of the iPhone launch and nearly everyone is expecting it to be a major new product, not a few tweaks like the 7.

Personally I cant see a reason for an existing iPhone user to upgrade to the 7 unless they just must have the latest one and no reason for someone to buy and try an iPhone for the 1st time.

The 8 though could be groundbreaking and its certainly worth waiting to see what it offers..

Of course the 104% result was just a temporary 1-month blip...it's virtually impossible to pull this kind of thing off, and then investors who already are over-expectant are even more hungry. CIO gets pretty link-bait-y at times, this being a good example; it's just some analyst's opinion, not Apples (there's a fitting keyword in there) but if you could find an Apple quote saying so then I'll give you that. 

Apple's always been "evolutionary" not "revolutionary"; they're not the kind of company who make a bunch of different style choices and then throw it at the wall, looking to see what sticks (Hello, Nokia's ghost..). As a long term iPhone user, I value usability over newfangled stuff. If I want to impress, people I don't use the phone. If I'm bored and want to play, I have a sexy woman with nice tits, not a mobile phone. I'm lazy...I just want the damn thing to always work. 

I'm also a S-model user: I want all the bugs worked out and everything smooth. 

I'm not ready to expect groundbreaking-anything from the iPhone 8...this is just more clickbait articles to keep you going to websites during the 364 days Apple doesn't announce a new phone. If it comes, I'll check it out and see, but I think the great number of iPhone users keep their phones for 2-3 cycles before considering upgrading. These things are well-built and well-supported, and I think that goes a long way to customer satisfaction, far more than the vocal fanbois and their unboxing videos; those folks would go hungry without a steady stream of trash talk and gossip to keep their incomes flowing. 

Frankly, I just want it to work. If I need tittilation...hell, I'll play with tits. 

No more likely to get an Iphone as I am to (knowingly) hire a Ladyboy.

So how do you enjoy ur new iPhone?

So how do you enjoy ur new iPhone?

Not me ... I'm the S-model guy. I buy a new one every 3 years or so; moved up last year from a 5 to a 6s and am very happy with it indeed. 

greatly overpriced and overrated but the fact is that iphones have had horrid battery life so if you just want something in your pocket to look good its for you otherwise have a look at the upcoming xiomi mi7 that will spec better for less than half the price but not out until mid 2017... iphones have never led in terms of tech development but have used styling and the "look at me" factor to convince people to pay the extra for their prices... kudos to apple marketing but they are slowly losing their luster as rivals produce products that are not only more affordable but in many ways superior to the apple product.

Apple was ahead of the game in the initial iPhone launch with superior OS & touch sensitivity. Smartphones have hit the pinnacle of advancement and there is little left to offer for differentiation, other than minor features. It is nice to get a new phone once your battery wears out (every S cycle as another user posted).

To the lower-case avengers who post rubbish about the iPhone...why? Why bother with the lies, the smear tactics and the smug attitude over something as trite as a phone? I don't get this continual high-school-level bullshit that passes for intelligent conversation. I don't care what you buy, and you'd never dissuade me with your arguments. 

They don't have bad battery life, they're well built, they don't burst into flame or creak and pop with every flex (actually, they don't flex). They're good phones, and if you don't want to or can't buy one (they're not cheap in Thailand, I'll grant you that) then just buy what you want but not Apple. They're not for everyone, as Xiomi or Samsung aren't for everyone either.

Which makes me wonder -- do you actually think you're somehow smarter or superior, based on your choice? Because it seems awfully petty from here. 

Been an iphone user for about 7 years. Change every 2 or so years for a new one.

Only ever had one play up (wifi went intermittant). Took it to an Apple store and they gave me a new one without a quibble.

They may be expensive and not always have latest feature, but they just work. Software works as well. No messing around with backups and techy stuff.

Get a new phone? - Plug the new one into itunes and it's set up just like your old one.

Maybe others are cheaper, but all my mates who have Android etc seem to have lots of problems.

To the lower-case avengers who post rubbish about the iPhone...why? Why bother with the lies, the smear tactics and the smug attitude over something as trite as a phone? I don't get this continual high-school-level bullshit that passes for intelligent conversation. I don't care what you buy, and you'd never dissuade me with your arguments. 

They don't have bad battery life, they're well built, they don't burst into flame or creak and pop with every flex (actually, they don't flex). They're good phones, and if you don't want to or can't buy one (they're not cheap in Thailand, I'll grant you that) then just buy what you want but not Apple. They're not for everyone, as Xiomi or Samsung aren't for everyone either.

Which makes me wonder -- do you actually think you're somehow smarter or superior, based on your choice? Because it seems awfully petty from here. 

You obviously don't have too much understanding of the smartphone market.  Most iphone buyers do so because of that fact they generally want a simple phone for whatever reason (a credit to apple for their intuitive software).  However the iphones do have weak battery life it is a fact you are welcome to google it, read about it, watch iphone videos etc.  However, has apple fixed this in the new model?  I doubt it,  Apple has opted for a slim phone at the expense of battery life while the reality is many android phones have achieved a larger more robust battery with the same thickness.  Apple also lags in the screen itself offering a somewhat outdated ips screen offering inferior resolution to others in the market.  And apple has even lost the crown of best camera to Samsung in its 7 model.  Will they address the issues of their competitors beating them at one half the cost? 

And as per creaking or flexing apple had to recall one of their phones for this very reason as it was bending in the back pocket.  Apple as usual didn't want to admit the fault and was reluctant to address the issue.  Now there is a problem with the camera in the iphone 7  we shall see if apple addresses it.

No apple bashing here I have had apple products in the form of iphones and macbook pros etc. and I am merely stating the facts.  No smugness here.  Just facts.  Deal with it lol.

You obviously don't have too much understanding of the smartphone market.  Most iphone buyers do so because of that fact they generally want a simple phone for whatever reason (a credit to apple for their intuitive software).  However the iphones do have weak battery life it is a fact you are welcome to google it, read about it, watch iphone videos etc.  However, has apple fixed this in the new model?  I doubt it,  Apple has opted for a slim phone at the expense of battery life while the reality is many android phones have achieved a larger more robust battery with the same thickness.  Apple also lags in the screen itself offering a somewhat outdated ips screen offering inferior resolution to others in the market.  And apple has even lost the crown of best camera to Samsung in its 7 model.  Will they address the issues of their competitors beating them at one half the cost? 

And as per creaking or flexing apple had to recall one of their phones for this very reason as it was bending in the back pocket.  Apple as usual didn't want to admit the fault and was reluctant to address the issue.  Now there is a problem with the camera in the iphone 7  we shall see if apple addresses it.

No apple bashing here I have had apple products in the form of iphones and macbook pros etc. and I am merely stating the facts.  No smugness here.  Just facts.  Deal with it lol.

On the ease of use, yes I have had iPhones since the original. I'm just too lazy to start over with a Samsung. Even it you do have a better Virtual Reality experience with the Samsungs.

I have plenty of understanding - I'm a front-end mobile developer, and I push these things as far as they can go. Since the iPhone 6 (and arguably for the 5+, considering the battery size and that they're all on a 64-bit architecture) iPhones are comparable to Androids of equal screen size, and doing equal tasks. If you're going to compare a 6 to this-years largest Samsung Notes, gtfo. Under usage or stressed, Androids aren't globally superior at all -- I kill the Samsung J and Asus I test against. I can't speak for many models - we only use 6 phones and tablets, so little do we care about Android apps (primarily because if you build them, people don't come). I just know there's tons of misinfomation out there and I'm tired of reading it here. 

Most all but the most expensive Android phones are cheap plastic with crappy screens and creaky bodies. How do you go about comparing it to a iPhone 6? (the model you're referring to - btw, "bendgate" is laughed at as the "are you fucking kidding us-one gate too many-get your fat ass off your glass phone" debacle for the "press")

IPS is far more colour accurate than OLED, which is highly oversaturated and crushes its blacks. If your phone is also the #1 camera on Flickr for the past 6+ years, you care about using it as such. 

But again - what the fuck does that have to do with this thread? Why can't people post here about something they like without someone coming in and slinging shit? Is ignoring data points to "win" your argument giving you a stiffy?

On the ease of use, yes I have had iPhones since the original. I'm just too lazy to start over with a Samsung. Even it you do have a better Virtual Reality experience with the Samsungs.

Back to this somewhat-backhanded compliment:  I've a iPhone 6s; before that, a iPhone 5, 3GS, and original iPhone. Before that, a Sony P910, a P800, a Treo, and a bunch of MP3 phones (Siemens SL45 comes to mind). At each point in time, they're leading-edge devices.

The latest and greatest is cool, but it's how one defines "great" that is the question. Is there a benefit to being able to tweak every possible setting? For many, many people - no. Thats basically mobile masturbation. Is there benefit to consistency and reliability? It's hard to argue otherwise...

So when someone refers to iOS as being simpler, that feels somewhat disingenuous. It's more consistent and better thought out, and the iPhone 6s I have now more powerful than the original, or the 5 or any phone that's come before. But it's always recognisable - if I go to a 7, I'm not lost trying to find a feature or setting. Used an iPhone once, you can use any iPhone. Consistency. 

Just got my 128gb 7+.

Been using my Nexus 5X since the Note 7 fiasco.

Still waiting for my refund from Samsung and I'm never buying a Samsung device again.

The Pixel XL was my first choice but sadly not yet available in France.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Iphones are mandatory for Ibar

iDontthinkso

Archived