IGNORED

Help writing some Thai

Mognam

Hi guys,

Been learning Thai.  I've been writing a kids story to help me learn.  I need help with the last sentence.

Here is the story.  Just a bit of background.  The characters are Binbin, a duck, and Bunbun, a rabbit.  They are best friends and brothers that get up to mischief.  The previous story they wagged school and went to the beach.  This story starts with them walking back to school.

บินๆกับบันๆและบ้านผีสิง

ระหว่างบินๆเดินกับบันๆกลับโรงเรียน
พวกเขาเห็นบ้านหลังเก่าลังนึง
บินๆพูดว่า "อยากเข้าไปดูในบ้านจังเลย"

พวกเขาขึ้นไปบันไดสิบขั้น บันไดมีเสียงเอี๊ยดอ๊าด
แล้วบันๆก็เปิดประตู
ในบ้านมีเทียนเผาไหม้อยู่ข้างบนโต๊ะ
บันๆบอกบินๆว่า "ห้องสิงห์สยอง"
ตัวของบันๆสันสะท้านมาก
ลมหนาวพัดและดับไฟเทียน
เสียงแปร่งพูดว่า "ฉันอยากกลับบ้าน"
บินๆถามบันๆว่า "เมื่อกี้บันๆพูดว่าอะไรนะ"
บันๆตอบว่า "ไม่ได้พูด ผมกลัว ที่นี้น่าหวาดกลัว"
บินๆบอกบันๆว่า "กอดผมหน่อยซี"

binbin bunbun hug2.jpg
บันๆอ้อมกอดบินๆและดอบว่า "แม่ที่ไหน อยากให้แม่อยู่ที่นี่ด้วย"
แล้วฟ้าผ่าก็คะนอง
พวกเขากรีดร้อง "จ๊าก!"
บินๆร้องว่า "วิ่งงงงง วิ่งซี!!!"
พวกเขาวิ่งไม่หยุดจนถึงบ้านของแม่
พวกเขากอดแม่และร้องไห้
พวกเขาพูดว่า "เรารักแม่มากครับ เราอย่าเอาอีกนะประพฤติมิชอบ"

I need something better for the last sentence.  My teacher said they wouldn't say ประพฤติมิชอบ as they are meant to be primary school aged.  What I'm trying to say in the sentence is 'We love you very much mum, we will never misbehave again.'

If you have any Thai kids if you could read it to them and let me know if they understood the story too that would be great.

Thanks for any help provided.

The common words for a kid who misbehaves/is naughty are เกเร "ge-re" or ซน "son"

For "we will never misbehave again" I would say something like เราจะไม่เกเรอีกแล้ว

There's a couple of typos and some things I would write differently to make it sound a bit more natural, but I think any Thai should be able to understand it.

ขออภัยในความไม่สะดวก กูเกิลทรานสเลทไม่สามารถแปลข้อมูลนี้ได้ 

The common words for a kid who misbehaves/is naughty are เกเร "ge-re" or ซน "son"

For "we will never misbehave again" I would say something like เราจะไม่เกเรอีกแล้ว

There's a couple of typos and some things I would write differently to make it sound a bit more natural, but I think any Thai should be able to understand it.

ขอบคุญมากครับ Thanks very much, a lot simpler than what I was writing.  Yeah, my teacher said I used some words that are not commonly spoken anymore.  Without going to much trouble could you point out how I can make it a bit more natural.  I really want to learn how to speak, read and write like a local.

• 1 month later...

Just out of interest, here is something I am doing now that you may find useful, especially considering what you are undertaking.

My Thai is at the level of a 5-6 year old. So I am treating myself like a 5-6 year old. I recently bought a copy of "The Witches" by Roald Dahl in Thai at a bookstore. I'm on my 3rd run through the book now. The first time I downloaded an English copy of the book and compared each paragraph to understand how grammar is changed to Thai. Some translations are 100 times longer. Some are shortened to a few words. But I got the grasp of the grammar while also increasing my vocabulary. Now im on my 2nd run reading it alone. I still don't understand a lot of things to be honest, but i am getting a major feel for when 'filler' words are used that make Thai sound natural.

Because its also a childrens book it is not filled with difficult words but more varying words you can use as adjectives instead of just basic words that allows descriptors to become more personable.

Plus its Roald Dahl. Best childrens Author in history.

• 4 months later...

Hi Johnnyquid, Don't know why but this is the first time I've seen your reply to this thread.  Thanks for the great idea.  I wonder if I would be able to order "The Witches" in Thai online.  Surely there is a place.  Cheers.

Archived