IGNORED

Transportation to pattaya

mitsy

My Brother and I are heading to Thailand for the first time this coming may. I alredy have booked a hotel in Pattya. My flight does not get into Bangkok until 11pm (long flight from the middle of the US). I thought that I should book a place in Bangkok for that evening and get a start getting to Pattya the next day. I have two questions. Can I find cheap hotel around the airport without booking it in advance, or should I book it now? Second, do I have to arrange trasport beforhand, or can I get a limo or taxi in the morning or early afternoon? Thanks for any advice you could give.

As its your first trip ,

I would pe book a cab and a hotel , if you look in the transport / hotel sections,

you will find some good remediations in there ,

That said if thing did go wrong you can get a cab ,

print off your hotel details and take them with you ,

just go the the taxi rank outside , a give the details to the girls in the box.

they will wright down your details in Thai give them to a driver ,

and also tell you a price ,

just a back up plan if you need it .

Joe

Edited by gs joe

"Hello John got a new motor ?"

You could always stay in Bkk on Sukhumvit around soi 4-18. Stay at Majestic Suites or Town Lodge......both under 1500 baht.

Then have a walk around Sukhumvit and enjoy the sights. The next day you could take the BTS to Ekamai bus station and head to Pattaya!

I live on the east coast in the US so I know what you mean about the long flight.

Mitsy

My Brother and I are heading to Thailand for the first time this coming May. I already have booked a hotel in Pattaya. My flight does not get into Bangkok until 11pm (long flight from the middle of the US). I thought that I should book a place in Bangkok for that evening and get a start getting to Pattaya the next day. I have two questions. Can I find cheap hotel around the airport without booking it in advance, or should I book it now? Second, do I have to arrange transport beforehand, or can I get a limo or taxi in the morning or early afternoon? Thanks for any advice you could give.

Take your time, walk slower and talk slower, get acclimatized to the tropical environment, get contact numbers and status of Sukhimvit hotels(Nana, Majestic), its low season!

There should be rooms for you all; check out recommended hotels.

Getting transportation to and from BKK to Pattaya is easy, many vendors available.

Take your time, in choosing bar-girls and negotiations, don't admit you’re a newbie as that invites overcharging.

Claw

Thanks guys! I'll keep looking over the forum for things to do and not to do. Just one final question, are the girls easier to get a "date" from than the chicks in Amsterdam?

Thanks guys! I'll keep looking over the forum for things to do and not to do. Just one final question, are the girls easier to get a "date" from than the chicks in Amsterdam?

The best girls I've had in the Dam where Thai ,

it a nicer game than the Dam , I could give a list why , but you will see .

Joe

"Hello John got a new motor ?"

You could always stay in Bkk on Sukhumvit around soi 4-18. Stay at Majestic Suites or Town Lodge......both under 1500 baht.

Then have a walk around Sukhumvit and enjoy the sights. The next day you could take the BTS to Ekamai bus station and head to Pattaya!

I live on the east coast in the US so I know what you mean about the long flight.

Have you ever tried to go via London or Frankfurt ?

That's what I do.I arrive about 12 noon, I am not paying 1200 baht to take a taxi to pattaya so

I take a taxi from the departures level (you'll pay more if you use a taxi at the arrivals area) to BKK.

With the new airport the buses are still a mystery to me so I haven't explored those yet.

Edited by kw59

better to go straight to Pattaya - you will be there in 1 1/2 hours.

I agree with upena, just head to Pattaya. The airport is between Bangkok and Pattaya and it will take about 30 minutes to get to Bangkok so Pattaya is only an extra hour. Being the first time in Thailand I think it will be easier to find action in Pattaya at that time than Bangkok.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I believe that it is probably better to head straight to Patts, but if you decide to stay in Bkk, make sure that the hotel has a 24hr reception desk (made that mistake before). You should check out the Thermae Coffee Shop in the basement of the Ruamchitt hotel. The Thermae is a "collection" point for FLs, BGs and Gogo girls that were not barfined for the night and still want to party. I have not been there since before the coup, but it stays open very late. Maybe another BM can comment on its existence today.

Ruamchit Hotel

Thermae Link

better to go straight to Pattaya - you will be there in 1 1/2 hours.

I would have to agree. Go straight to your hotel in Pattaya.

I have always had luck with MR Toom's taxi service. Prompt and in air conditioned comfort.

BKK is a big city with big city problems. Scams are abundant to con you out of your cash.

" A man in love is like a clipped coupon- Time to cash in!"

Mae West and some Thai Women