IGNORED

Aspery Hotel in Phuket (Patong)

Queef_Sniffer

Stayed here a few nights in August, and I thought it was ok.  Booked it through Expedia and got it for about $50 a night.  The room was clean for the most part, but it did have a small ant problem, mostly isolated to the bathroom though.  The location is ok, and a bit detached from Bangla road ( ~15 min. walk).

Pros:

Girl/guest friendly

Decent price

Friendly staff

Has a restaurant located in it's lobby.  Not too bad, and they make fresh smoothie fruit drinks.  Pricing is ok.

Bed was a bit firm, but not bad

Has elevator for high floor rooms

Has travel/activity booking workers in the lobby.

Has laundry service booth feet from the exit of the hotel

A bit detached from all the craziness of Bangla road.

Near the beach, about a 5 min. walk.

Has card for key access to room

Has in room safe

Has balcony with 2 chairs for smoking or hanging out

Decor is middle aged, will need to be updated/modernized in a few years

Big screen T.V. with decent channel lineup and DVD player if needed

In room fridge

Size felt big and roomy

Cons:

A little detached from all the action on Bangla, but might not be a bad thing.

Air conditioner is central, and might not work as good (prob. old and wearing out)

Room needs key card inserted into slot for electronics to work in it.  If not, no power / AC / anything.

Ant problem

Guests from hotel next door can see into your room if your curtains aren't drawn.

Not a bad place to stay for a few days.  You can tell it's getting dated, but I kinda liked this place.  It was clean, well lit and felt ok.  Safety felt ok, and it is girl/guest friendly.  Having a ok priced restaurant in its lobby was nice to have.  There's also a massage parlor in it's lobby (surprisingly), but not sure if it offers "extra" services since I didn't use it.

Final Verdict:  Would stay here again.  Value and location are ideal and there are places to eat and get clothes cleaned within feet of hotel if needed.

DSC06047.JPG

DSC06048.JPG

DSC06049.JPG

DSC06051.JPG

DSC06053.JPG

DSC06054.JPG

DSC06055.JPG

DSC06056.JPG

DSC06057.JPG

Stayed here a few nights in August, and I thought it was ok.  Booked it through Expedia and got it for about $50 a night.  The room was clean for the most part, but it did have a small ant problem, mostly isolated to the bathroom though.  The location is ok, and a bit detached from Bangla road ( ~15 min. walk).

Pros:

Girl/guest friendly

Decent price

Friendly staff

Has a restaurant located in it's lobby.  Not too bad, and they make fresh smoothie fruit drinks.  Pricing is ok.

Bed was a bit firm, but not bad

Has elevator for high floor rooms

Has travel/activity booking workers in the lobby.

Has laundry service booth feet from the exit of the hotel

A bit detached from all the craziness of Bangla road.

Near the beach, about a 5 min. walk.

Has card for key access to room

Has in room safe

Has balcony with 2 chairs for smoking or hanging out

Decor is middle aged, will need to be updated/modernized in a few years

Big screen T.V. with decent channel lineup and DVD player if needed

In room fridge

Size felt big and roomy

Cons:

A little detached from all the action on Bangla, but might not be a bad thing.

Air conditioner is central, and might not work as good (prob. old and wearing out)

Room needs key card inserted into slot for electronics to work in it.  If not, no power / AC / anything.

Ant problem

Guests from hotel next door can see into your room if your curtains aren't drawn.

Not a bad place to stay for a few days.  You can tell it's getting dated, but I kinda liked this place.  It was clean, well lit and felt ok.  Safety felt ok, and it is girl/guest friendly.  Having a ok priced restaurant in its lobby was nice to have.  There's also a massage parlor in it's lobby (surprisingly), but not sure if it offers "extra" services since I didn't use it.

Final Verdict:  Would stay here again.  Value and location are ideal and there are places to eat and get clothes cleaned within feet of hotel if needed.

Thanks for the info & the recommendation.

Loks good & nice pics showing us what looks to be a decent room.

Thanks.

Jack.

:Wassup1:

• 3 months later...

My preferred hotel, paid mere Baht 800 incl tax in low season and worth it. Good walk to Bangla, can't be bothered at high season rates. Loads of options closer to Bangla/Jungceylong.

Archived