Sign in to follow this  
cyan

Vietnam motorbike tours?

cyan

Does anyone have any good tips, recommendations, information about booking motorbikes tours? Rides which originate in Saigon or further north up to and including DaNang? If I were not traveling alone I would consider renting a motorcycle and driving myself, but given the traffic and language unfamiliarity I prefer some kind of driver/tour guide.

I visited Vietnam over 5 years ago and still need to finish up my original trip report with a few more photos, but that is for another time. I am strongly considering a return trip in a few weeks and will want to get away from the city for a week or more. The highlight of that trip was a short guided tour out of DaNang. While I would like to rehire the same guy as before, I got no response from the email on his business card and doubt his mobile number is the same (though maybe I should try it out anyway.)

The old business card I have is labeled:

Danang Youth Tourism & Service Center

REAL EASY RIDERS

TRAN DINH NAM

Special Central HighLand Tours

When I do an internet on some of those terms, especially the Danang Youth Tourism & Service Center, I get a number of hits but not sure that any of them are the same group of guys:

I guess the good thing is that there are many operators, but some of these companies like the last link posted charge a lot more than I want I experienced. Of course I do not what kind of licensing, insurance, qualifications any of these people might have, and whether any given driver is professional and capable. But if anyone knows of a reputable and SAFE company that does not charge top dollar I would be interested in hearing about them. Especially ones that originate from Saigon and head north.

Garzan

Have you tried looking on gt-rider.com ?

cyan

Thanks for tip about gt-rider.com.  I am not sure it will provide an answer, but there is some good information there.

Garzan

So I was cruising YouTube looking at Mae Hong Song loop videos, and found one I really liked. He did a Vietnam Loop this past April. It appears like this is the tour company he used. Not sure if this one will provide an answer either, but you can check out the video and see if it looks like a) a good tour, and b) somewhere you'd like to go.

Edge

So I was cruising YouTube looking at Mae Hong Song loop videos, and found one I really liked. He did a Vietnam Loop this past April. It appears like this is the tour company he used. Not sure if this one will provide an answer either, but you can check out the video and see if it looks like a) a good tour, and b) somewhere you'd like to go.

That's the Northern Loop - great tour I'm sure, but a long way North of DaNang.

Garzan

That's the Northern Loop - great tour I'm sure, but a long way North of DaNang.

My Vietnamese geography is sadly lacking. Here's one sorting through the menu. http://motorbiketourexpert.com/4560/ho-chi-minh-trail-motorcycle-tour-12-days/

Sam Sallung

Never forget your international driving license is not valid in Vietnam ;

To drive in Vietnam u MUST have a vietnamese driving license .

And never forget : no valid driving license = no insurance

storytime

There used to be a guy who would take you on a tour showing you where the massage and barber shops were.