IGNORED

Ebook reader available?

Steven999

I am bringing one when I move to thailand. Can I buy an extra one, if needed, in pattaya or should I bring a spare one?

In Pattaya -

Various models, including kindles are on display in the bookshop on 4th level of Central Festival and the big electronics shop on level 3.

I prefer a 10inch android tablet myself  A thousand different models of tablets can be bought in computer stores here. Downloading kindle files from Amazon  (and paying with an Australian VISA card from Thailand), works fine, but torrent sites for ebooks seem to be blocked and using a VPN to pretend I'm somewhere else, slows things down to useless.That could be just my hotel's internet though.

In Pattaya -

Various models, including kindles are on display in the bookshop on 4th level of Central Festival and the big electronics shop on level 3.

I prefer a 10inch android tablet myself  A thousand different models of tablets can be bought in computer stores here. Downloading kindle files from Amazon  (and paying with an Australian VISA card from Thailand), works fine, but torrent sites for ebooks seem to be blocked and using a VPN to pretend I'm somewhere else, slows things down to useless.That could be just my hotel's internet though.

Appreciate the info, thanks.

In Pattaya -

I have found the big difference s battery life.  Those tablets don't go for more than 4 to 5 hours before charging is required.

My Kindle paperwhite  will last for 27 to 28 hours or more

You can lead a horticulture but you can't teach a prototype

I have found the big difference s battery life.  Those tablets don't go for more than 4 to 5 hours before charging is required.

My Kindle paperwhite  will last for 27 to 28 hours or more

kindle paper-white rules the game

kindle paper-white rules the game

Yes. Its essential to have something you can read easily in the sunshine in Thailand.

Prefer the Kindle over a tablet for reading. Much less eye strain and fatigue due to the Kindle screen technology. Reason for this is a tablet screen present the image using a light source behind the image vs. the Kindle in which the text is presented using a reflected light source, same as when you read a book using dead tree technology.

I would also hold off on buying a spare as other posters have noted you can source a new one here. It's also quite possible that when your old one craps out you'd want the latest and greatest version of e-books to replace the old one.

Archived