IGNORED

2017 Honda PCX 150

elbenvillas

I am planning to buy a new PCX in the next month or two.

Just wondered if anyone has an idea as to when the new 2017 models will be available in Pattaya?

For a bit more, I would prefer a 2017 than a 2016.

Thanks

ez

Is there a new model coming? Will any bike manufactured in 2017 be different to one manufactured in 2016.

Bike in Thailand are dated by year of registration not necessarily year of manufacture so a bike made in November or December and registered in January will be described as such.

So unless I very much mistaken it is not like the US where vehicles registered in say September 2016 might be dated as 2017 models  just because they have slightly different stickers on them.

'Thanks, makes sense.

Also perhaps in January of 2017 i may get a better deal on a 2016 model.

Will also look for a used 2016 with minimum mileage on it.

ez

'Thanks, makes sense.

Also perhaps in January of 2017 i may get a better deal on a 2016 model.

Will also look for a used 2016 with minimum mileage on it.

ez

Probably won't make any difference. Unlike in many western countries, in Thailand there is no big issue made about what year a motorcycle is manufactured, sold or registered. A bike is a bike (just a conveyance really) with model changes occurring over a relatively long cycle. There may be some minor updates and cosmetic changes at any time in the cycle rather than on an annual basis.

anybody have a carrier box installed on a Honda PCX.

Also saw a windscreen higher than a normal one, anyone has that done.

I guess a used one or two year old bike would be just as good as a new one, if it has low mileage, however i dont see much of a price difference as far as i think.  A new one at 81k baht approx and a used one for around 60K baht.  Which one would you get if USD 600 wasnt going

to be the issue.?

ez

anybody have a carrier box installed on a Honda PCX.

Also saw a windscreen higher than a normal one, anyone has that done.

I guess a used one or two year old bike would be just as good as a new one, if it has low mileage, however i dont see much of a price difference as far as i think.  A new one at 81k baht approx and a used one for around 60K baht.  Which one would you get if USD 600 wasnt going

to be the issue.?

ez

Keep in mind that a insurance for thieving has is limit to 2 years old one   (I think , not sure ...)  ... so the price difference is maybe worth it if you can afford it, for new...., price difference for 20 000 baht would not temped me for oldie to buy.... I would buy new one .... also all the hassle for insurance an plates inscribing taken out of your hand ... 

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

What the others said - buy new and at the time you want it.

I assume you have rented a PCX before deciding it's what you want.

If you have personal insurance check there's not a 125cc limit.

I don't know if there any any model revisions imminent, but these guys might -  http://www.9carthai.com/new-honda-pcx-price/

What the others said - buy new and at the time you want it.

I assume you have rented a PCX before deciding it's what you want.

If you have personal insurance check there's not a 125cc limit.

I don't know if there any any model revisions imminent, but these guys might -  http://www.9carthai.com/new-honda-pcx-price/

yes i think i would go for a new one.

The website you referred to is in thai, so hard for me to read and understand.

I was going to rent from the KC rental site which advertises here, they do have one for 28 days for my time period, however,

i only have a Philippines car and motorcycle license.  I was planning on getting the Certificate of Residency first then a local license before i rented one.  Coming back Sept 4 for a couple of months in pattaya.

No need for police hassles being stopped as most have people have experienced.

Ez

yes i think i would go for a new one.

The website you referred to is in thai, so hard for me to read and understand.

I was going to rent from the KC rental site which advertises here, they do have one for 28 days for my time period, however,

i only have a Philippines car and motorcycle license.  I was planning on getting the Certificate of Residency first then a local license before i rented one.  Coming back Sept 4 for a couple of months in pattaya.

No need for police hassles being stopped as most have people have experienced.

Ez

In your right click context menu you can find Bing Translator or Google translate for the text you like to read

If you do not take to big pastes you can read parts of it ....example down here......one of the new things seems to be a " smart key " ..

attachicon.gif2016-08-18_085003.png

attachicon.gif2016-08-18_085003.png

hmm, couldnt find it or do it, too dumb i guess.

ez

If you do not take too big pastes you can read parts of it ....example down here......one of the new things seems to be a " smart key " ..

2016-08-18_085003.png

2016-08-18_092222.png

If you buy a new bike you can get first class insurance at the shop but you need to have a valid bike licence for it to be covered.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

If you buy a new bike you can get first class insurance at the shop but you need to have a valid bike licence for it to be covered.

JD

thanks

yes i will get a new bike, first the certificate of residency then the drivers license finally buy the bike and insurance.

ez

• 2 weeks later...

I bought one ,well pleased with it. This year it got upgraded with a few things so unlikely it will change in 17, maybe a different colour.

I bought one ,well pleased with it. This year it got upgraded with a few things so unlikely it will change in 17, maybe a different colour.

congrats.

where did you buy it at? and what did you pay for it.  What color did you go for, i like the white and black.

ez

Udon and paid 79,000 got the red one ,had to wait 10days to order as no stock in Udon.This was about four months ago.

• 2 weeks later...

You got it cheap.

Honda dealers here in Samui asking 85,000 for new model while at a non honda dealer they sell the new model at 82,500.

Archived