Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Doubletree on Sukhmuvit - Reviews?

maj_a_hole

Did a forum search and didn't see any good hits.  I have some Hilton points getting stale, and will be cashing some of them in at the Doubletree.  Looking for info:  Girl friendly?  How far to Soi Cowboy / Nana?  Anything else I should know?

Thanks for any info you can provide!

I have never stayed there so I have no info about GF (but most hotels on/around Sukhumvit are GF). Last time, I took Bell bus from Pattaya to Bangkok. The van dropped off a passenger there. The hotel seems nice. It is within walking distance to BTS Phrom Phong (about 3 to 5 minutes). Go to Cowboy (Asoke) is only 1 BTS station. To Nana just 2.

Thank you, kind sir. Any info on catching the Bell bus? (Price, comfort, convenience, safety?)

You could go to the 8 years old Bell Bus thread in transportation section to get all of the information you need:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/20208-bell-buses/page-20

The price is about 350 THB (depends how many bags you have). They use the air conditioned tourist bus so you could image the comfort level. They have 3 bus a day (morning, early afternoon, and evening). From the 8 years old thread, I only read one complaint about the driver driving too fast.

I usually take the 1pm bus. A van will come to pick you up from your hotel at around 12:30. Take you to Bell bus terminal in Pattaya. You get on the bus. Usually the bus ride takes about 2 hours. After arrive in Bell bus Bangkok terminal, another van will take you to your hotel. I usually arrive at my hotel (lower Sukhumvit area) no later than 4pm.

thank you, kind sir. I shall research this option.

Looks like Bell also runs a bus service from the airport to pattaya, but they stop service about 7pm, but I won't land until about 9:30pm. Taxi is probably going to be my best bet.

If you already made all you hotel/flight bookings, I don't see the point to change them. But if I arrive at that hours, I usually stay in Bangkok for a few days first then go to Pattaya. You may want to consider it next time.

Stayed there a few years ago (2013).  Very nice hotel, nice staff, great breakfasts, well-located.  Had my own girl with me on the trip, so didn't bring others in, but there were a few other gents who brought girls in, so probably no issue there.  Enjoy!

• 1 year later...

I have booked the Double tree in 18 days. 20000  points per night.

I stayed in the Hilton in February 2017. The Hilton was super nice and is somewhat connected to the Doubletree through a back walkway. 

Also, out the front door of the Doubletree are several massage joints. But other than than that you a bit secluded.  

Rather long walk down to Soi Cowboy (Soi 13). And further down to Nana, Soi 4. But, Uber/Taxis plentiful.   

Kid

3 hours ago, kidrock61 said:

Also, out the front door of the Doubletree are several massage joints. But other than than that you a bit secluded. 

There are a couple of great massage shops where you can get full PSE nearby, like Snow White, Mango, Cherry massage. For me locationwise it's tough to beat, plus BTS Phorm Phong is just a 5 minutes stroll away

Both Hilton and DoubleTree and gf

Please keep in mind that everything I write is based on my own experiences, my personal preferences and my expectations. YMMV!

There's nothing wrong about being cheap ... but being cheap isn't being smart ... never was, never will be ... it's just cheap

Stayed there and it was OK. Nice pool, rooms set up for business men. Most of the surrounding bars are aimed at Japanese.

• 1 month later...

The hotel is a stronghold of Sukhumvit 26. It is often compared to the 5-star Hilton Sukhumvit. The reason is that this hotel proves to be as good as it is. (Indeed, the Hilton Sukhumvit 5-star hotel has a low rating.) Sometimes I had a 50% sale at Hilton and I was able to sleep at $ 60 per night. I like this hotel. This neighborhood is a paradise of soap massage.

• 6 months later...

I like this place, more relaxed and contemporary than the Hilton on Soi24, good facilities, good mix of guests, cool with you bringing guests back and discreet without being condescending. 

Archived