IGNORED

Qualify tech person to fix a dead 2 TB hard drive...or recover files?

chang beer

Hi there. My external hard drive is history....I think. I unhooked it without doing the whole procedure to up plug the thing. Now I can seem to find any files....saying that I need to reformat my disk before using....Error message...corrupt files...

Do you know anyone who can get my HD feature films back......

thank you

BEER

That just sounds like a corrupted boot sector - DONT format the drive there are plenty of free disk repair tools out there you could try.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't format it or write anything to it.

The files are still there and probably intact.

Use a file recovery program such as easeus data recovery.

http://www.easeus.com/datarecoverywizard/free-data-recovery-software.htm

You may have some minor corruption but should be able to recover most things.

No matter where you go, there you are....

• 2 weeks later...
Don't format it or write anything to it.
The files are still there and probably intact.
Use a file recovery program such as easeus data recovery.

http://www.easeus.co...ry-software.htm

You may have some minor corruption but should be able to recover most things

What a piece of shitttttt. Bate and switch. Got the app and try to do everything...telling me I need more space to copy
  •  
  •  

it happened to me in the past...altough in win7. Could work in win10 as wel....

If your pc stil recognises the damaged station, (and maybe you can acces the disk)...

restart your pc in safe modus. If you dont know how, do a google search...

is a bit complicated onder win10, but, can be done. Be sure to take notes before you start safe modus.

You need also winzip (winzip can run under safe modus).

Under safe modus there wil be no writing on the damaged disk.

Then while in winzip safe modus, select the drive you need to zip-in.

Be sure to select the right station. You must select the station, not some directories.

When you have the zip-file, restart the PC in normal modus.

Select another drive to zip the file to, but, if enough place, you can zip to a directory on c: as wel.

Winzip should have zipped  everything on the broken station in one zip-file.

Restart the pc in normal modus (not the safe).

Now unzip the zip-file on whatever place you want on your pc or an external drive.

After unzipping you could browse and recover the needed files in the unzipped directory..

Altough it happened to me under win7, it worked...

The most important is to zip-in the damaged drive under safe modus.

Safe modus wil prevent writing to the damaged disk during zipping.

Because of that writing, winzip cannot zip the complete drive. So, under safe modus !!!!

Be aware that you choose to zip the complete disk, and everything on the disk. Keep an eye on the winzip-settings.

Must be all directories and all files.

Let me know if it worked for you. I did not have such "occasion" to do it on my win10.

Guys. To be honest with you....easeus worked...only for small files for a taste....they want you to pay for the larger files.....buy their program...thats why I'm so pissed...but I guess I might have to resort to that.

The reason I'm so mad is after all the work....over 24 hours to scanning my HD...they say...hey..you have to pay...

thank you though. I guess its doiable

beer

Guys. To be honest with you....easeus worked...only for small files for a taste....they want you to pay for the larger files.....buy there program...thats why I'm so pissed...but I guess I might have to resort to that.

The reason I'm so mad is after all the work....over 24 hours to scanning my HD...they say...hey..you have to pay...

beer

I've got a copy I could sell you.   :GoldenSmile1:

https://kat.cr/easeus-data-recovery-wizard-9-8-0-technician-x32-x64-multi-crack-t11654227.html

What a piece of shitttttt. Bate and switch. Got the app and try to do everything...telling me I need more space to copy

Guys. To be honest with you....easeus worked...only for small files for a taste....they want you to pay for the larger files.....buy their program...thats why I'm so pissed...but I guess I might have to resort to that.

beer

In case this is your first experience with applications of this type, it's common for utility software vendors (ie development/labor/marketing costs to recover, hopefully a profit to earn) to offer a free version with paid upgrades. 

In the below link it clearly states what one gets for what price. How is this "bait and switch"? 

I've used Easeus products for years without paying a cent. Should I need the paid versions I'll buy that without hesitation. 

A coworker paid $1300 for data recovery from a crashed hard drive, retrieved about 1/3 of the data. 

From the link below, the cheapest paid version for Easus Data Recovery is $69.95 for "as many as you want" (ie unlimited files can be recovered). If your data is worth that, buy it. If not, or price is an obstacle, try to find a free method.  :huh: 

http://www.easeus.com/datarecoverywizard/free-data-recovery-software.htm

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=free%20data%20recovery%20software%20windows

TestDisk is better and free.

Why waste time with anything else?

Archived