IGNORED

Bad page formatting on PA

MrDK

A month ago I started to get virus warnings and with 95% certainty isolated it to P-A as I could be on line for hours after rebooting without problems, but repeatedly received alerts minutes after visiting P-A.

I deleted all cookies, history and temporary files related to IE, but to no avail.

Later I went to AppData\LocaLow and deleted all folders in { } brackets because AVG reported the locations as such.

That solved the virus problem, but ever since the screen rendering has been all messed up.

This problem only occurs with P-A and not other forums using IP Board, not any other websites.

Nor does it occur using other browsers but IE or IE using another computer

Below is an example of the poor rendering, but also other functions like resizing edit region do not work either.

Suggestions (other than change browser)?

pa_format.png

Obviously the problem is with IE. No idea why you are using it as even MS have decided that it is a POS (by introducing MS Edge)....lol

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

POS, Point of Sale?

Edge does not work on Win 7, but IE is still supported.

POS, Point of Sale?

Edge does not work on Win 7, but IE is still supported.

POS = piece of shit....:D

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Time for a new browser methinks.

Try Firefox, a free download from Mozilla (my personal choice), or Google Chrome. Both are highly rated.

I guess XP then also is classed as PoS along with Win 7.

As I stated in OP I am not looking for opinion as to which browser is best, but rather is someone can suggest a fix.

It is abundantly clear that this issue is relater to One browser on One computer visiting One site.

It just so happen to be this site therefor I am asking here.

Here is a scree capture of the virus alert that I received 10's of times on this site before going after all "temp" folders.

In addition to this alert I received countless messages : "Calc.exe want to access your hard drive" and another that I cannot remember.

virus_01a.png

Found my way ...

Un-installed IE 10 which left IE9 active

Problem all the same

Un-installed IE 9 which left IE8 active

Problem all the same

Un-installed IE 8 which left IE7 active

Problem all the same

No immediate option to uninstall IE7, so had to go to disable windows component

No IE apparent after that.

Reinstalled IE10 and hallelujah all came back to normal ... only took about one hour :( 

You should upgrade to IE 11.  Even Microsoft has given up on IE 10. 

No issues with Apple :)

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

You should upgrade to IE 11.  Even Microsoft has given up on IE 10. 

I hate tabs and toolbars.

IE 10 is the last where you can disable tabs.

No issues with Apple :)

No viruses ... cool.

I hate tabs and toolbars.

IE 10 is the last where you can disable tabs.

No viruses ... cool.

Not sure you are correct about that.  Toolbars and tabs have pretty much the same configuration options in IE 11 as they did in IE 9.

Not sure you are correct about that.  Toolbars and tabs have pretty much the same configuration options in IE 11 as they did in IE 9.

I am 99.99% sure that IE11 does not have the option to disable tabs, certainly not in the Tools->Options menu.

If there is a workaround I am all ears

Scrap AVG, and enable Windows Defender.

IE sucks ass.

Suggestions (other than change browser)?

I suppose reading the OP is not your forte

I am sure your choice of beverage is suck ass too and there might be a few applications that you ought to scrap, but that wouldn't be for me to decide ... would it?

I suppose reading the OP is not your forte

I am sure your choice of beverage is suck ass too and there might be a few applications that you ought to scrap, but that wouldn't be for me to decide ... would it?

Take a Midol. :GoldenSmile1:

Archived