IGNORED

How to improve your Caddy experience in Thailand

maxtroy

Last trip we had a game at Greenwood, no caddies that day as they were booked out on some tournament. We had to pull our own clubs, it was bliss, we loved it, saved 650 baht, round was much quicker. If only it was optional, please god make it so.

The only problem with that is sometimes (often.... :Think1: ) I have no idea where my ball has gone and without a caddy..............

• 6 months later...

bad players often need excuses... a caddy is just another avenue for some to blame. there are very few caddies i haven't enjoyed my day with in the LOS. if you have a good experience when you get done with the round go the caddy master and book the caddy for the next time out.

RT 

i used think i was so unlucky with caddies as i always got a male caddy then i found out my fucking so called mates were always asking the caddy master if i could have a male caddy,,,,,fuckers ...any way love playing golf in thailand merry christmas chaps

• 2 weeks later...

bad players often need excuses... a caddy is just another avenue for some to blame. there are very few caddies i haven't enjoyed my day with in the LOS. if you have a good experience when you get done with the round go the caddy master and book the caddy for the next time out.

It like anything in Thailand

Caddies just expose people for what they are.

Have stood on the course and watched blokes just tear into them excessively for the slightest indiscretion.

The reason they do this is they are just pricks as human beings

I actually find the whole thing laughable the remarks about people's expectations on them.

Some people sound like they some rich white man talking about his new black slave

FMD

They are people just doing a job. Lose the attitude

It like anything in Thailand

Caddies just expose people for what they are.

Have stood on the course and watched blokes just tear into them excessively for the slightest indiscretion.

The reason they do this is they are just pricks as human beings

I actually find the whole thing laughable the remarks about people's expectations on them.

Some people sound like they some rich white man talking about his new black slave

FMD

They are people just doing a job. Lose the attitude

Only had 1 or 2 issues in a 100+ rounds. Best way round is build your own database that you pre-book..... or be first off the bus and at least get one that is nice to look at for 4 hours! Relax, you ain't Tiger Woods and no need to beat them or you up over a bad shot. Has to be said though that training on some courses is shocking bad, so they arent helping their own girls. Last time at KK (I think) played a 3 ball with 1 experienced girl and 2 farm fresh. My fault, I had 5 caddies I could / should have booked.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I haven't been to Patts in 24 months and i'm going in 39 days and i can still remember the numbers of 3 caddies that will make my day pleasureable. One caddie at Burapha will get me at least 1 8-10 metre putts, 2 6-7 metre putts and anything inside 2 metres is in. I love that course because all i want to do is impress her and i forget how average i am. 

I think the secret of caddies over there is in the first 3 holes. If you have a good one they will work all the distances out from your first few shots and give you confidence. If you have a bad caddie know it early and just play golf like you would in western society and be happy

This is a great thread.  I have had issue with fellow golfers over treatment of caddies.  And I get it the guys unlimited income not wanting to pay for one.  I still love having them.  When I play golf in the states I am constantly wondering where my caddy is to mark my ball and give me a club.   :Think1:

This is a great thread.  I have had issue with fellow golfers over treatment of caddies.  And I get it the guys unlimited income not wanting to pay for one.  I still love having them.  When I play golf in the states I am constantly wondering where my caddy is to mark my ball and give me a club.   :Think1:

I walk off the tee without my clubs when I get back,have to turn around and pick them up.

Tore a wing mirror off a Norwegians car at Khao Kheow because he didn't tip his caddie.

Honda Civic.Red.:)

Love the caddies.Enjoy their company.

I walk off the tee without my clubs when I get back,have to turn around and pick them up.

Tore a wing mirror off a Norwegians car at Khao Kheow because he didn't tip his caddie.

Honda Civic.Red. :)

Love the caddies.Enjoy their company.

I hope you mounted the wing mirror.  Like in a golf bar somewhere as warning to future dicks.   :GoldenSmile1:

I won't be walking off the tee today forgetting.  NEW clubs.  And I broke down and bought more.  5 wood now.  Going out with nothing but the new clubs (and a putter).  I'm pretty sure I can reach everything easily with only a 5 wood.  It is a very short course.  

Probably have a new 3 wood by the time I leave for Thailand.    I have no control.   :Think1:

I hope you mounted the wing mirror. Like in a golf bar somewhere as warning to future dicks. :GoldenSmile1:

I won't be walking off the tee today forgetting. NEW clubs. And I broke down and bought more. 5 wood now. Going out with nothing but the new clubs (and a putter). I'm pretty sure I can reach everything easily with only a 5 wood. It is a very short course.

Probably have a new 3 wood by the time I leave for Thailand. I have no control. :Think1:

Once you start,it's difficult to stop.

Found these downstairs when I had my big cleanup.

A Scotty,Oddyessy and a Ping.

Hmmm

You needed a 5 wood for those 180 yard par 3's.:)

IMG_7599.JPG

Nah.  3 wood for 180.  What are you an animal.   :SoWhat1:

BTW I'll take the Ping and Scotty off your hands.  Kinda funny.  I got an old Ping I play in Thailand that I paid $5 for at a Play it Again Sports.  I was so pissed off at putting poorly I walked into the store and took every single pro line brand putter from the $5 bucket and bought them.  Must have been 10 of them.  The Ping stuck.

Here I have a Scotty Newport I got for christmas years back when they were only $150.  I thought that was crazy money for a putter.  Now?  YIKES.

Gonna play today and brave the weather.  A frigid 64 predicted high (18 for my metric friends).  I think heavy gloves and a parka will get me through it.   :GoldenSmile1:

Archived