Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Pattaya car rental

kevin2013

Any recommendations on inexpensive car rental companies in Pattaya?

I have rented in Phuket many times, and always found the big brand names e.g. Avis, Budget, etc,  more expensive than the local companies

Any local company recommendations?

I have rented in Phuket many times, and always found the big brand names e.g. Avis, Budget, etc,  more expensive than the local companies

They are more expensive for a good reason. I would always use the major companies for the sake of an extra few hundred baht.  If you want a local company though try expat car rentals on the junction of Thepprasit Road/Thappraya Road Jomtien.

Escape on soi Diana just before soi buahkhao. Been in business for at least 15 years that i know of. The owner is top notch. I have rented a few times from them and never any hassle

Escape on soi Diana just before soi buahkhao. Been in business for at least 15 years that i know of. The owner is top notch. I have rented a few times from them and never any hassle

I've since forgotten their name but this fits the location of the place that wanted to keep my passport before they'd let me rent a car. Told them I had been in touch via email with the owner about the rental but he couldn't even be bothered to come talk to me. But maybe others will be OK with passports from better countries.

At 640 baht on my car rental with Avis just last week, I don't see the value of going with some small company.

Never had that issue, they only wanted copies of my passport and dl. Glad you found something that works for you

• 1 month later...

They are more expensive for a good reason. I would always use the major companies for the sake of an extra few hundred baht.  If you want a local company though try expat car rentals on the junction of Thepprasit Road/Thappraya Road Jomtien.

I've since forgotten their name but this fits the location of the place that wanted to keep my passport before they'd let me rent a car. Told them I had been in touch via email with the owner about the rental but he couldn't even be bothered to come talk to me. But maybe others will be OK with passports from better countries.

At 640 baht on my car rental with Avis just last week, I don't see the value of going with some small company.

Same issue with Expat Car Rental, wants to hold your passport if you're not from US/UK/Australia (countries they said I needed to be from). Strolled into Avis, treated respectfully and professional. Guessing the big companies are even safer if you do get into an accident, last thing I wanna do is get shakedown in a foreign country. 

have you tried Martin , on this board? bm   (  mpm), I have rented from him , and can fully and highly recommend, always reliable and good prices, He will deliver/ collect the car.

email is [email protected] just requires Passport  copy and 5k returnable deposit

• 1 year later...
On 6/18/2016 at 7:50 AM, thairak said:

have you tried Martin , on this board? bm   (  mpm), I have rented from him , and can fully and highly recommend, always reliable and good prices, He will deliver/ collect the car.

email is [email protected] just requires Passport  copy and 5k returnable deposit

Been a while hope I can get a good answer?  I rented from Martin a while back great guy, but he doesn't have anything available in August. Prior to finding him I did a lot of research especially in this area  "First Class Insurance"  Before I continue no problem paying more so I checked as noted Avis, and they don't rent out any type of trucks or SUV at their location in Pattaya.

Unless, I really have too I will rent from one of the many places throughout Pattaya and take my chances. Not concern about my driving but others.  

Majority if not all the places I venture in and ask about their insurance, advertising "First Class"  it is far from being First Class. The owner basically like all owners have purchase overage on the vehicle but this coverage doesn't really allow for the vehicle to be rented commercially?  The have created their own coverage policy which doesn't provide the coverage I'm feel secured about?  For example like a place like Avis, I can buy additional coverage so if I'm in a accident I just walk away with a minimum.  These other places all have their own attached policy find print, for whatever reasons the vehicle is out of service I have to continuing paying the daily rental rate for a period of time. If the vehicle is totaled I have to pay a % of the vehicle value.  

Is there a place I can rent a truck 4 door automatic, Toyota/Suv  that really has First Class insurance?

Thanks

yes mpm is very busy because his prices are so good, the other place I use is http://pattayarentacar.com/thank-you/

I find them very good , prices not bad , much better than Avis. nice Fortunas which is what I usually prefer. Delivery and collection is available

I always take my own satnav to LOS  as well , hope this helps

5 hours ago, thairak said:

yes mpm is very busy because his prices are so good, the other place I use is http://pattayarentacar.com/thank-you/

I find them very good , prices not bad , much better than Avis. nice Fortunas which is what I usually prefer. Delivery and collection is available

Yes it helped!  Thanks, I checked out the insurance and exactly for security I like.  I'm looking at the large Van didn't know I can rent one of those here? 

Thanks again!

I just returned the car from my 5 rental with "ExPat Car Rental".

Hassel free and all they needed was to make a copy of my passport and IDP.

Not heard of them keeping (holding) a passport.

On my trip I went through 3 check points each way, waved through 2 and had to show my passport and just my IDP at the other one.

I sure hate to be traveling (driving) without my passport with me.

LeoTex 

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

• 1 month later...
On 6/30/2017 at 0:23 PM, thairak said:

Second big thanks for the recommendation for the rental car,  from beginning to end, the process was great exactly what I was looking in a rental car place especially the insurance. 

Prior to visiting the office I did make a stop at Expat down the road, and I remember this place from a number of years ago.  Maybe it is my standard regarding customer service and I understand the reviews but I don't plan to step foot in the place again nothing has changed from my last visit. Like last time they had a number of people in the office but (not rude) but impression is like they are doing me a favor?  I had to ask all the questions they couldn't tell me what and when a vehicle was going to be available.

thanks for the feedback Exiled, I am pleased  it went well Buddy, there are some bad ones around and we are in the lap of the Gods without recommendations.

That's what is so good about this site, We can look after each other, and when you take the trouble to feedback , it makes it so worthwhile.

Shane , who runs the place is great and He is a fellow Brit , so good, that there's no language probs as well.

Archived