IGNORED

What's the best buy smart phone under 5K bt?

The Sly Fox

Looking to buy TGF a new phone for her birthday next week, while I'm at it I want a new one myself, so will be buying 2 phones. Budget is 5K Bt for each phone. I could go up a little bit but would prefer to keep it around 10K for the two.

Today I had a good look around Central Plaza and 3 models have made it to the top of my list. Prices are the same in all the stores at Central but different stores will throw in different things for free like a powerpack, screen protector, storage card, plastic cover.

Samsung Galaxy J2. - 4990 Bt.

Vivo Y31 L - 4990 Bt

Oppo Mirror 5 Lite - 5490 Bt 

All 3 phones are much the same. I'm leaning towards the Samsung as I believe it's a more trusted brand, but I'm interested in opinions from any of you guys who have had experience with Vivo or Oppo. Plus both the Vivo & the Oppo have higher camera specs and more on-board storage than the Samsung.

So which out of these 3 phones would be the best buy? Are there any other makes in the same price range that I should consider?

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

I brought a vivo from power buy in central 2nd floor I think. 4000 baht, looks the business & have had no problems with it. Discussed it before buying with the Thai girls that work in the restaurant where I stay, they all had oppo's for around 5K, but we're all very impressed with my vivo.

I went from my trusty old Samsung S2 (still alive & well but I thought it was about to go phut) to the J2 - couldn't spot the difference except a bit bigger.

Not sure the camera is as good as the S2 in low light and a strong screen protector is recommended.

It does everything I need it to do and a lot more I don't know how to do.

Bargain IMO at 4900 inc screen protector and case from upstairs in Big C North.

http://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=Samsung+Galaxy+J2.

I've used Lazada loads of times and never had a problem at all. Cash on delivery and usually within 2 days of placing the order.

Thanks Hallmark, I see their prices are a little bit cheaper than buying from the shops, however the shops do throw in some freebies. 

I brought a vivo from power buy in central 2nd floor I think. 4000 baht, looks the business & have had no problems with it. Discussed it before buying with the Thai girls that work in the restaurant where I stay, they all had oppo's for around 5K, but we're all very impressed with my vivo.

In Power Buy in Central Plaza today they had the Vivo on display as being their best seller. But I'm a tad unsure of the brand, I know Samsung, they have a long good reputation. Can't say I've heard of Vivo before today. But some Vivo specs are higher than the same priced Samsung, especially the camera.

I went from my trusty old Samsung S2 (still alive & well but I thought it was about to go phut) to the J2 - couldn't spot the difference except a bit bigger.

Not sure the camera is as good as the S2 in low light and a strong screen protector is recommended.

It does everything I need it to do and a lot more I don't know how to do.

Bargain IMO at 4900 inc screen protector and case from upstairs in Big C North.

So you think the J2 would be the best buy for under 5K?

http://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=Samsung+Galaxy+J2.

I've used Lazada loads of times and never had a problem at all. Cash on delivery and usually within 2 days of placing the order.

Why is the second J2 originally priced at 13900 and now 7900 Baht.

Would anyone ever pay 13900 for a J2.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

I have just got plus 1 , Chinese phone used it for a month in Thailand and really loved it didn't miss iPhone 6 , photos are great I'm sure tukcom sell them

I have no idea about phones, prices or specs etc at all, I'm more than happy with my old S3, I can call, text, use Line and take decent pics with it, more than enough for me.

I bought a Nokia/Microsoft Lumia 640 as a present for somebody for 92.00 UK which is about 5000 Baht if they are the same price over there. It's incredible value for the money and not much smaller than an Iphone 6 Plus. It's a Windows phone which probably puts it into a minority over Android and IOS phones but all the major apps seem to be available and I can't see most TG's needing more from their phone (Apart from the 'pose' value of a more expensive model).

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

In Power Buy in Central Plaza today they had the Vivo on display as being their best seller. But I'm a tad unsure of the brand, I know Samsung, they have a long good reputation. Can't say I've heard of Vivo before today. But some Vivo specs are higher than the same priced Samsung, especially the camera.

I'd never heard of vivo either, opted for it because it was the best looking in my price range. I'm no expert, the battery is excellent, it looks great very slim. I've had it for close to a year now with no problems, I'd definitely buy a vivo again.

Well I didn't buy the other 2 but I'm saying I'm very happy with the J2.

What is a 'second' J2?

J2 is 4900.

I bought a Nokia/Microsoft Lumia 640 as a present for somebody for 92.00 UK which is about 5000 Baht if they are the same price over there. It's incredible value for the money and not much smaller than an Iphone 6 Plus. It's a Windows phone which probably puts it into a minority over Android and IOS phones but all the major apps seem to be available and I can't see most TG's needing more from their phone (Apart from the 'pose' value of a more expensive model).

Which is worth the extra 35k.

Which is worth the extra 35k.

For them yes..for you? I suppose it depends how grateful they are.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

For them yes..for you? I suppose it depends how grateful they are.

I stopped buying phones in 2001.Its laptops now.

The Oppo has 2GB of Ram and that makes a difference as the samsung has only 1 GB as does the Vivo

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Have a look at the spec of cool pad note 3 , Octo core 3gb ram etc and under £100

I have had phone now for a fortnight excellent value for money has full hd screen fingerprint sensor and many more

Have a look at the spec of cool pad note 3 , Octo core 3gb ram etc and under £100

Looks good ....you got it in pattaya?

Thanks James. Yes a far superior phone but double the price. Lazada have them for just over 10K. 

Thanks Doc, 5K would be a good price for that phone, however we'll stay with Android. 

I'd never heard of vivo either, opted for it because it was the best looking in my price range. I'm no expert, the battery is excellent, it looks great very slim. I've had it for close to a year now with no problems, I'd definitely buy a vivo again.

Cheers, I've dropped the Oppo from my list but the Vivo is still under serious consideration.

J2 = battery 2000. Internal 8 gig. Rear camera 5 megpix. Front camera 2 megapix.

Vivo = battery 2200. Internal 16 gig. Rear camera 8 megapix. Front camera 5 megapix.

Apart from that everything else seems the same specs. Same price. So it's a toss up between these 2 models at the moment.

Good to read you say the battery is excellent, as I've read a few reviews from people saying the J2 battery drains fast. I'll take another closer look at the Vivo today or tomorrow.

Sorry I can't do the comparison for you - just saying I'm very happy with the J2....for what I use a phone for.

I keep it pretty light on Apps and declined the plethora of them the girl in the shop wanted to load on it so perhaps for that reason I find it quite good for battery life, especially compared with the S2.

Sorry I can't do the comparison for you - just saying I'm very happy with the J2....for what I use a phone for.

I keep it pretty light on Apps and declined the plethora of them the girl in the shop wanted to load on it so perhaps for that reason I find it quite good for battery life, especially compared with the S2.

Thanks Edge, I appreciate your feedback. You're right, keeping all the useless apps and huge games off the phone ensures better performance and battery life. I think the customer reviews I'd read about poor battery life probably come from people who load their phones up too much.

Both the J2 and the Vivo Y31 L are right at the top of my list. I'm now leaning towards the Vivo Y31 L for TGF as the camera specs are higher and she'll use the camera far more than I would, especially the selfie mode, which is a better 5 megapix and f2.0 on the Vivo.

Think I'll just buy one Vivo for her birthday next week and I'll play around with it too...if I fall in love with it I'll buy a 2nd one.

Archived