IGNORED

Pakistani man gets life for murder of Thai teacher

Scumbag

I stole this from Thai visa. It's OK as they stole it from The Nation... :Cross_Fingers:

Sometimes the just have to shake your head.

Pakistani man gets life for murder of Thai teacher

BANGKOK: -- A Pakistani man - convicted of killing a Thai teacher whom he had met through an internet chat service and dismembering her body last year - was given a life sentence Friday.

The Criminal Court at first sentenced 35-year-old Mohammad Arif to death, but lowered the punishment to life imprisonment because his confession was useful to the case.

The court also ordered Arif to pay Bt2 million in compensation, Bt150,000 funeral expenses, and Bt30,000 for the valuables he stole from the victim to the parents of Dissanee Thongnarkthae, an English language teacher from Ubon Ratchathani's Phibun Mangsahan district.

According to the lawsuit, Dissanee on May 7 last year had flown from Ubon Rathcathani to Bangkok to meet Arif - who had misrepresented himself as a handsome Spanish national - in the flesh after they had chatted over the Internet from April to May. The two met at Racha Palace hotel and Arif then killed Dissanee, dismembered her body, put the parts in a travel bag to be dumped in a canal, before he got away with the victim's valuables worth Bt30,000, the lawsuit said.

-- The Nation 2007-03-30

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I like the life in prison sentence over the death penalty, he suffers longer so long as they don't commute the sentence. Otherwise I have always been in favour of the death penalty.