Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

How do I?

Hi folks,

How do I amend the title of an old thread I started?

I want to keep the same thread instead of starting a new one, as I have more updated info on it, but I would like to not in the subject/headline that it's new info. 

I have seen this done a few times, but I can't seem to work out how to do it. 

As an Advanced Member you lose your ability to edit things you've written after a period - I think it's around 24hrs but can't swear to that.

If you PM me the link to the thread you want to re-title, and let me know what you want it changed to, I'll do that for you.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Click multi quote on all the posts you want to reply to (they turn blue) then hit add reply.

Why for some reason when using Windows explorer browser(11.0.14) the multiquote, and quote functions don't work ? However if I use Chrome they do work .

Why for some reason when using Windows explorer browser(11.0.14) the multiquote, and quote functions don't work ? However if I use Chrome they do work .

Explorer has always had problems running IPBoard properly, which is why everyone uses Google or Firefox.  It's just the way it is unfortunately, nothing that Admin can fix.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

• 3 weeks later...

A few members have mentioned a 'block' function being available. I've tried searching but can't find how to do this.

It's probably something obvious that I'm missing!

Any help welcome. Just had enough of one *********'s comments!

Secondly, I take it I can't use Emoticons because I use a iPad? I've ticked Enable emoticons but none are showing. If I use the ones on the iPad 'keyboard' they don't appear in the message.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

A few members have mentioned a 'block' function being available. I've tried searching but can't find how to do this.

It's probably something obvious that I'm missing!

Any help welcome. Just had enough of one *********'s comments!

Secondly, I take it I can't use Emoticons because I use a iPad? I've ticked Enable emoticons but none are showing. If I use the ones on the iPad 'keyboard' they don't appear in the message.

If you go in to "My Settings" on your profile, you'll find the 'Ignore Preferences' function.  This will allow you to stop seeing posts by any BM you have an issue with.

Capture.JPG

As regards emoticons, I have no idea.  I've seen something similar where a BM was simply missing an App from his device (Flash Player).  Sounds like possibly the same issue for you?

Cheers

Perthie

Thanks for that. One obnoxious prat ignored :-)

If emoticons use Flash then that explains why they don't show up. Apple doesn't allow Flash to be used!

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• 1 month later...

How do I post a new topic?

Just go into the Forum or sub-section that you want to Post your Topic in.

Hit the "Start New Topic" button (on the right-hand side of the page) and you're away.

Topic.JPG

Cheers

Perthie

• 2 weeks later...

HI, cud someone tell me if photos clicked on mobile can be posted?if yes how?is there still resizing to be done?

i love pattaya

HI, cud someone tell me if photos clicked on mobile can be posted?if yes how?is there still resizing to be done?

I'm not really going to be much help as I just use my 'phone for calls etc.  I do know that many of my mates use their 'phones to post direct to the Forum though.  Tapatalk seems to be one of the apps they use.

As for resizing, it depends on how big you have your 'phone pic's set for as far as I know.  My 'phone takes 8mb pic's which are pretty big files.  If I even want to send a pic' on to a mate I have to reduce the size to something they can receive on their own 'phones.

Any more help for this BM appreciated.

Cheers

Perthie

I'm not really going to be much help as I just use my 'phone for calls etc.  I do know that many of my mates use their 'phones to post direct to the Forum though.  Tapatalk seems to be one of the apps they use.

As for resizing, it depends on how big you have your 'phone pic's set for as far as I know.  My 'phone takes 8mb pic's which are pretty big files.  If I even want to send a pic' on to a mate I have to reduce the size to something they can receive on their own 'phones.

Any more help for this BM appreciated.

Cheers

Perthie

hi perthie, well I do use my phone for most of browsing, posting direct as you said but yet don't use any app like the tapatalk,don't know how how to use or can it be of any help.a bit old school, I think,and not at all tech savvy.also lazy to carry and look after one more piece of equipment, a camera .

not that I know how to post photos from a camera.lol. cheers and thanks.

i love pattaya

Put a countdown timer on my signature....

As you can no doubt see its just coming as jumbled text - i am using the link as found on other members signature but mine doesnt seem to display!

Please help as want to make other members jealous of my impending trip ! hahahaha JK

I am getting the same thing.  Does HTML need to be activated on my signature by an admin or something of the sort?

I am getting the same thing.  Does HTML need to be activated on my signature by an admin or something of the sort?

You can activate HTML in your sig' yourself.  It's at the bottom left of the signature box in your settings.

HTML.PNG

Cheers

Perthie

You can activate HTML in your sig' yourself.  It's at the bottom left of the signature box in your settings.

attachicon.gifHTML.PNG

Cheers

Perthie

I'm not seeing any tickbox when I edit my sig and i can't find any setting that would turn it on...

I'm not seeing any tickbox when I edit my sig and i can't find any setting that would turn it on...

Strange, I thought it was there for everyone.

Anyway, I've gone into Admin and enabled HTML for your Signature, hopefully that'll fix the problem for you.

Cheers

Perthie

• 1 month later...

Hey, Perthie:

I am the OP who initiated the "TAXI/LIMO SERVICES - Women Owned, Operated, Recommended" thread in the forum's Transportation & Travel section.  I'd like to edit the original post to add another woman-owned service.  I made a few other minor edits in the text to easily accommodate any future additions.

To make it easy, you can just cut-and-past the entire section with the edit below.

Thanks!

[begin edit]

I’d like to endorse to PA members the following private taxi/limo services owned and operated by Thai women, who are consistent marvels of reliability, safety, preparedness and cheerful company.

Ann Private Taxi Service

+66 81 205 3044

www.pattaya-taxiservice.com

Meow Taxi Service

+66 85 934 4475

[email protected]

Nam’s Taxi Lady Driver Pattaya

[email protected]

www.facebook...801240839919073

Tan's Taxi

www.tanstaxi.com

I have lived here for 15 years, suffering the customary dearth of reliable services in all areas of Thai commerce, so I am happy to promote Thais who practice higher quality standards of service when I find them .. all of these rate.

I have used Ann and Meow on numerous trips about the region for precious cargo (my kids) .. never, not even once, have there been any surprises .. key words: punctual, reliable, (most importantly) safe.  While I have not used the others (I will, though), they have earned raves from forum members.

For the newbies who still think every Thai woman is a prostitute .. uh, no.  This is not where the cost to get laid or blown is included in the fare .. these are all hard-working business women who will safely and reliably get you to your destination at a competitive price.

Thai taxis and limo services are notoriously crappy.  Interestingly, woman-owned taxis are consistently the best in class.  Thai men drivers are quite hit-and-miss, including well-known Mr. T’s service (a referral broker only, who I have used).

Too many Thai taxi drivers are stupidly unsafe, unreliable, unresponsive, ill-prepared, foul tempered, some just outright extortionists preying on totally unprotected foreigners .. the gazillion keystrokes dedicated to the subject on this forum is a reasonable measure of how bad the problem has grown here in recent years.

Why any veteran traveler coming to Thailand risks rolling dice with a random street or airport public taxi is beyond me .. Thailand perennially produces somewhere between the 2nd and 4th largest number of per capita road fatalities in the world (source: World Health Organization) .. those almost all occur on rural highways .. just as those between BKK and Pattaya.

These women-owned services are well worth your patronage, and I gladly pay the 100-200 extra THB some charge .. gladly .. you will do well to give them your business.

[in the spirit of full disclosure, I have interest in none of these services.]

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

Hey, Perthie:

I am the OP who initiated the "TAXI/LIMO SERVICES - Women Owned, Operated, Recommended" thread in the forum's Transportation & Travel section.  I'd like to edit the original post to add another woman-owned service.  I made a few other minor edits in the text to easily accommodate any future additions.

To make it easy, you can just cut-and-past the entire section with the edit below.

Thanks!

Done brutox.

For everyone's info', although I have followed this thread in case anyone drops in seeking tech' help, the best way should you require Edits, name changes or Posts removed is to PM a Mod.  Basically, anything personal, just drop us a PM.

Cheers

Perthie

• 4 months later...

I have posted several questions in my replies to comments through out this forum but get no replies, any clues how to achieve some answers or comments?

I have posted several questions in my replies to comments through out this forum but get no replies, any clues how to achieve some answers or comments?

I had a look at your general Posts to see what question you were asking that was being ignored in case I could help technically.  Unfortunately it's just a case of no-one bothering to pick up on your general questions within Threads and make a reply.  There's not a lot I can do about that.  A lot of BM's won't respond to questions that have already been asked elsewhere on the Forum.  If you ever have a technical problem, just PM one of the Mods.

Pedro i searched this topic through and through becose i wanted to help you out

but didn't find any of your posts maybe your talking about posts at PA generally  ?

you can PM me and i'll try to see if i can help \ contact one of the admins for you.

Thanks for the offer mate, I don't think there's anything specific that anyone can do.

Cheers

Perthie

• 2 weeks later...

SAVING DRAFT PM's

I can find no way to save a draft of a lengthy PM to a forum member on which I am working .. am I missing something?

Thanks!

brutox

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

SAVING DRAFT PM's

I can find no way to save a draft of a lengthy PM to a forum member on which I am working .. am I missing something?

Thanks!

brutox

When you write a new message, you have some options underneath the text box.  Select "Save", it should go to your Drafts folder.

Capture.PNG

Cheers

Perthie

• 1 month later...

How to delete a post you made lets say a week ago ?

Use the Report button to report the Post you want removed, and ask the Mods to get rid of it for you.  BM's only have about 24hrs to Edit a Post before it becomes inaccessible to them.

Cheers

Perthie

• 2 months later...

When I attempt to enter " location " or " interests " fields in my forum profile I get the error report.."Oops something went wrong " and a message saying fields have to be entered in a specific format. Anyone recognise this problem and if so what is the solution ?

Archived