Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

iphone unlock issue

Baron of Beef

hi all. I found a cracked (but still usable) iphone 6 a few days ago. looks like someone tossed it out a moving vehicle or something. no sim card in it and it's fully locked up and of course i don't know the password. so without a sim card and no access to the device, does anyone know how i can trace the owner to give it back to them? if it wasnt locked i could call people in the contacts list and find the owner but that's not possible

without the password its a no go...phone is useless..i think  its 6 attemps at the password and it wipes all data on it

hi all. I found a cracked (but still usable) iphone 6 a few days ago. looks like someone tossed it out a moving vehicle or something. no sim card in it and it's fully locked up and of course i don't know the password. so without a sim card and no access to the device, does anyone know how i can trace the owner to give it back to them? if it wasnt locked i could call people in the contacts list and find the owner but that's not possible

Keep it powered up to give them time to use find my iphone. If no joy after a week or two, flog it or sling it in the bin

... iphone 6 a few days ago. looks like someone tossed it out a moving vehicle or something. ....

Understand their frustration.... likely they already have a usable smartphone by now and never want to see the thing again

Keep it powered up to give them time to use find my iphone. If no joy after a week or two, flog it or sling it in the bin

my understanding is that wont work because as i mentioned, there's no sim card in it and obviously wifi won't work since i cant put in my password. doesn't the thing have to phone home to alert them?

but you do give me another idea..... i wonder if i put my sim in it, whether it would still work to phone home to find my iphone. might try that

well, my sim card didn't do any good, put it in and left it for hours and no contact of any kind by message or anything.

anyone know someone good at tuk com or something like that who might be able to figure out whose phone this is for me? would hate to bin a brand new-ish iphone that someone's probably looking for

• 3 months later...

Old post I know but for future reference. Press button on the front until Siri comes up and ask 'who's phone is this'. It should give you the name and telephone number that was registered to the handset. That's assuming it was registered to iTunes and the language is set to English.

Archived