IGNORED

CHEAPEST QUALITY AIRLINE FROM THE USA

Naja Tom

I am curious what everyone thinks is the best airline and cheapest to fly to BKK. I have used AA, which switches you over to JAL in Tokyo, or JAL all the way. AA because my now ex works for them and for awhile I could fly first class damn cheap to Japan. But now the divorce is final so I don't have the benefits any longer and I am buying my tickets like a normal person...haha. I read the beginning thread on flights out of UK but would really like some input on flights from the US. I am planning on returning in June. Thanks!!

Is there another level with better pics I can move up to and when do I get to advance>?????

Hey I will be back in June too. Cheers. So I have been over 2x on Cathay Pacific and will return on Thai Airways. I price tickets from LA and get a connector since it usually cheaper and often I can then use points to LA from Denver. Cathay pacific is great. Eco seats are pretty Small though but good Entertainment. I flew business CX (Cathay Pacific) for the Kong Kong -BKK journey. Gotta love that, I love how they call you by your name each time they say something. See CX usually has run a $750-850 special around Dec/Jan or monthly website special, but now the cheapest for June is 1400 try cheap tickets , come they are usually the best Web site(I do a little travel for Work and set my own trips to take clients). Not sure but Summer is more Exp to get over there. I will fly on Thai Air this time. They are one if not the only ones to Fly direct which is worth it to me. I swear they time it just long enough so that you Kong Kong transfer is Always on the other side of the airport and HK airport is big. I will also buy a ticket in premium econ. It is a bit more but if I do this then I can use mileage for a bump to Business class on one of the ways. Around 1500 for this and 1000 for plain Eco. I Like Thai Air have flown them in Eco and Business to and back from Nepal. Good food and the Ladies are so HOT!!! "Hey baby can you help me join they mile high club???" Eva is usually one if not the cheapest. They also have an evergreen class or premium Eco class but the seats do no have as much width and lean back. Check out Seatguru.com and skytrax.com these not only give ratings but you can look at any airlines seating charts to get a good seat. They even describe better seats from the ones you want to avoid. I generally stay away from American Airlines for long flights. Too much for what you get. I also think you are safer on Asian Airlines since they are less of a target these days. But I would not base my decision on that. If you want the best Econ seat I might try Singapore but they are generally pretty pricey unless you find a good consolidator deal. Good Hunting and maybe we will bump into each other in June.

Bodi

I am curious what everyone thinks is the best airline and cheapest to fly to BKK. I have used AA, which switches you over to JAL in Tokyo, or JAL all the way. AA because my now ex works for them and for awhile I could fly first class damn cheap to Japan. But now the divorce is final so I don't have the benefits any longer and I am buying my tickets like a normal person...haha. I read the beginning thread on flights out of UK but would really like some input on flights from the US. I am planning on returning in June. Thanks!!

Is there another level with better pics I can move up to and when do I get to advance>?????

The best price all depends on what city you are starting your trip from. I live in Florida and it used to be Delta/Korean that gave me my cheapest tickets. But now I can get the same price range by using Jetblue to JFK and then Thai Air non-stop to BKK.

Same price/one less stop/saves a minimum of 5 hours trip time/ arrive in BKK much earlier

I need a woman who loves me for my money but doesn't understand math too well

wanker_racing_banner22.jpg

hey i thought it was just me, but the flights are all running at least 1300 now used to find jal for 800 I will check out some consolidators any one on here know of a good one as the one I have used in the past is now out of business...

oh and I love jal..hot nice flight attendents...

If you are talking economy do yourself a favor and take Eva’s economy plus, I can't remember what they call it. Regular economy is full of crying babies these days. You might want to see if there are any companies in your area that need couriers to LOS, I used to get courier tickets for $290 return out of LAX but the company stopped that run.

Edited by BassGod

The best price all depends on what city you are starting your trip from. I live in Florida and it used to be Delta/Korean that gave me my cheapest tickets. But now I can get the same price range by using Jetblue to JFK and then Thai Air non-stop to BKK.

Same price/one less stop/saves a minimum of 5 hours trip time/ arrive in BKK much earlier

Like LBJ, I am from the "Sunshine State". I've always flown Delta/Korean to BKK through Inchon by way of Atlanta. It is usually the cheapest, and I like the service from Korean Air (hot Korean stewardesses, good food, red wine with dinner, etc). The only crappy part about it, is that the flight from ICH to BKK is always PACKED, and it arrives at around midnight (local time).

You may want to add Kayak.com to your list of search engines. It is not a service like Expedia. Kayak polls several airlines/travel sites and shows you the cheapest fare. I've found that the prices are usually the lowest between 60-90 days out. Once you get inside 30 days, the prices skyrocket, but outside of 90 days, the prices are higher, as well.

Northwest Airlines is trying to break into the Asian market with low fares (~$1000 R/T), so I may try them the next time. Has anyone flown NWA to BKK, yet? I personally try not to fly American, after having a bad experience last year flying to Spain (crappy food, snotty stewardess, etc). To each his own, right? Good luck.

On my last trip in August of '06 I flew Korean Air from Washington Dulles to Incheon to BKK. The service on KAL was excellent and as shyguy904 says, the attendants are stunners. Unfortunately I was stuck behind some nutters Korean lady who decided the space under her seat (aka on my feet!!!) was the trash recepticle. Grrrrr! Besides the nutters lady, I also didn't like the 11:50pm arrival time. Though I did somehow I did manage to get through immigration, ride into town and check in to my hotel and end up scooping some rediculously hot 4'-8" 75lb spinner (of course named 'Lek') at one of those ersatz sidewalk cafes that spring up on Suk as NEP begins to wind down. It was my friend's first trip to the LOS. It took all of 9 minutes sitting on Sukumvit to blow his mind.

Anyway, for my next trip in October I just booked Econ+ on Thai Airways JFK to BKK direct. At $345, the upgrade to Econ+ was reasonable and the 4:10pm arrival time should be really nice. Getting in early rescues the better part of an evening that should be spent in BKK rather than milling around that dreadful Incheon. Also the total trip duration is at a minimum 2 hours shorter than the trip on KAL.

I use China. Eva does not fly from where I'm at so :closedeyes: I think JALs service and wait staff is far more attractive and more attentive, but China's schedule is far superior to JAL.

I use China. Eva does not fly from where I'm at so :closedeyes: I think JALs service and wait staff is far more attractive and more attentive, but China's schedule is far superior to JAL.

Do you mean, "China Air" out of Taiwan as opposed to "Air China" from the mainland?