Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Under 300 Baht ... And Good! (updated for 2024)

Evil Penevil

lunch today rich man poor man......

IMG_5241.JPG

the best meal you can get under 300.    road side stand behind the rhompo bars.  open early till mid afternoon

killer chicken

killer som tom

they have chicken wings

the have thick bacon

they have fish

they have a few killer thai dishes

packed 7am till 2pm

IMG_5243.JPG

IMG_5245.JPG

IMG_5246.JPG

IMG_5247.JPG

IMG_5248.JPG

whole chicken and somtom 200 baht

Edited by just hanging

the best meal you can get under 300.    road side stand behind the rhompo bars.  open early till mid afternoon

killer chicken

killer som tom

No Som Tam photo ?

No Som Tam photo ?

salad somtam copy.jpg

Edited by just hanging
  • Like 1

I don't even remember the last time I paid 300 baht for a meal in Pattaya. And I'm a very picky eater. It was probably years ago at Patrick's or some place like that.

I don't even remember the last time I paid 300 baht for a meal in Pattaya. And I'm a very picky eater. It was probably years ago at Patrick's or some place like that.

I paid over 300 at the Tin Cup. It did include 5 bottles of Heineken though

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

I like the Devonshire on Soi Lengkee. Specials every day around 200 Baht.

I like the Devonshire on Soi Lengkee. Specials every day around 200 Baht.

Tea?

post-6485-0-17044000-1460901405.jpg

Sizzler, in Central Festival and Royal Garden, is a corporate chain steak house that some like and others hate. But it most certainly meets the definition of this thread and is a suitable addition to it.  Soup, pasta, salad (unlimited); main course; and dessert (also unlimited, but Sizzler's desserts are weak) can be had for under 300 baht. However you slice it and dice it, it's one of the best value-for-money offers in town considering the quality of Sizzler's salad bar.  

post-9139-0-33224300-1460831975.jpg

These pics are a couple of years old but they are still representative as things don't change much at Sizzler. If anything, the salad bar has been expanded with more options.  Because the salad bar is the highlight of Sizzler and diner's tend to eat a lot from it, it's often possible for two people to split a main course, hence remaining under 300 baht per person.

post-6485-0-18841600-1460901407.jpg

post-6485-0-39302000-1460901412.jpg

post-6485-0-34593700-1460901414.jpg

post-6485-0-98935300-1460901891.jpg

post-6485-0-31486500-1460901410.jpg

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

sizzlers new site on what was a mcdonalds beach rd end of royal garden plaza

march 28 008 (Custom).JPG

the entrance is inside

Edited by striderman

Another great thread Evil....

Went to try Every day is Fryday tonight but apparently they have "gone fishin" haha till 21 April. How dare they take a few days off...

So off to Oohlala on Soi 7 for the half chicken and chips at 195bt.

Very pleasant. It is a nice restaurant with big open kitchen and nice bathrooms and plenty of fans to cool the April heat.

People strolling Soi 7 provided a nice outlook as I enjoyed my chilled beer in anticipation of my meal.

Although the half bird was quite small it was perfectly cooked even the meat on the wings was not dry.

They use a subtle dry indian style marinade that makes a point of difference to the standard rotisserie chickens about town.

Highly recommended.

Speaking of rotisserie chickens there is a delicious juicy bird available for 160bt on Soi Buakhao a few doors south of Soi 21 and the old elephant bar

just a takeaway outdoor roaster open till 5 or 6 pm which is good for a few meals with a couple of takeaway steamed rice.

And if you poke your head down Soi 21 you will see the rib joint popular with Soi Buakhao types in the know

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/196048-pattaya-bbq-49-baht-ribs-restaurant/page-1?hl=ribs

even though prices have gone up recently still great value.

Edited by ertert

Another great thread Evil....

Went to try Every day is Fryday tonight but apparently they have "gone fishin" haha till 21 April. How dare they take a few days off...

the reason every day is fryday is closed till after songkran is simply because of songkran...................ie it is too f....... dangerous to use the fryer with the loonies of new plaza chucking water around.

hot oil and water do not mix

Sizzler, in Central Festival and Royal Garden, is a corporate chain steak house that some like and others hate. But it most certainly meets the definition of this thread and is a suitable addition to it.  Soup, pasta, salad (unlimited); main course; and dessert (also unlimited, but Sizzler's desserts are weak) can be had for under 300 baht.

These pics are a couple of years old but they are still representative as things don't change much at Sizzler. If anything, the salad bar has been expanded with more options.  Because the salad bar is the highlight of Sizzler and diner's tend to eat a lot from it, it's often possible for two people to split a main course, hence remaining under 300 baht per person.

post-6485-0-31486500-1460901410.jpg

Evil

how was the steak, picture looks good

About a year ago i was talking to the manager at the royal garden location of Sizzler. We were talking about the steaks he told me they were 100% US imported. I half believed him but he could see i doubted him and brought out from the kitchen 2 large IBP boxes to prove it. nothing wrong with a Sizzler steak.

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

I love eating at the new Sizzler in Royal Garden. Both times Ive been the staff are constantly replinishing the salad bar... which is so fresh and tasty, I enjoy their Ceasar salad....

Sizzler has one of the best weekday lunch value menu in all of Pattaya IMO...

I used to be a regular in Cafe Santa Fe in Big C Extra , they had a chicken, french fries, and salad for under 100 baht!

Add Cafe Santa Fe (Santa Fe Cafe?).... they have Western standards of food and the price is right , many meals for under 300 baht

The best place for me in Pattaya is Aroy Dee second Rd near Soi 8. prices are very good could easily eat for under 300 Bath. Have been eating there on majority of my trips for the last 3-4 years now. Staff have remained the same over this time, very friendly and food is always fresh and tasty.

• Like 2

post-9139-0-98432600-1461181558.jpg

Santa Fe Steak is a Thai restaurant chain with branches all over the country.  Despite its name, beef plays a rather subordinate role on its menu. Santa Fe Pork or Santa Fe Chop would be more accurate.  In addition to beef and pork, it offers chicken, fish and pasta, all at very moderate prices. It's certainly possible to tuck away a fair amount of food at Santa Fe for 300 baht or less, as the mains, including the specials, come with complimentary soup and salad.  Some of the specials also include a beverage, so the customer is getting a three-course meal and (non-alcoholic) drink for under 300 baht or even 200 baht.

post-9139-0-02397400-1461181563.jpg

I had lunch at Santa Fe Steak on the 6th floor of Central Festival on April 19, the big day for Songkran festivities on Beach Road. I broke up my photo excursion into the climactic hours of water-tossing madness by ducking into "Centan" around 1 pm to wash the white paste off my face; get some relief from the heat and sun; and have a bite to eat. Thanks to my quick-dry clothing and the effect of standing a few minutes in the intense sunlight, I was mostly dry at that point. You can see the pics of my whole April 19th outing here (post #114).

post-9139-0-59040900-1461181569.jpg

I decided to eat at Santa Fe Steak mainly because I'd never been there before. It was a relatively small restaurant that was about half-full.  It was very clean and tidy. I was the only farang diner. I assumed the name "Santa Fe" was used due to the Santa Fe Railway's association with the beef industry of the 1800's. The railroad's full name, the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway, wouldn't have been as catchy.

post-9139-0-21546900-1461181573.jpg

I chose the "imported ribeye steak" at 239 baht. I chose to drink a bottle of Heineken, but if I'd had ice tea at 24 baht, I'd have come well under 300 baht.

post-9139-0-20725900-1461181577.jpg

It came with small portions of French fries and tater tots and a few lettuce leaves on the plate as well  as ...

post-9139-0-97073100-1461181580.jpg

sides of salad and (corn) soup. They weren't bad, just meaningless.  The gravy or brown sauce looked so horribly gelatinous I didn't even taste it.

I had ordered the steak medium rare and that's how it came.

post-9139-0-97161200-1461181584.jpg

The steak was tender, but not very flavorful for rib eye. I can imagine it was imported U.S. beef, although of the "Select" or "Choice -" grade. It's roughly the same grad of meat used in some U.S. chains.  Nothing wrong with that.

post-9139-0-22333800-1461181595.jpg

post-9139-0-35596900-1461181590.jpg

I had no trouble finishing the steak. The rest of the meal was a bit of a disappointment, but for the price, there's no reason to complain.

post-9139-0-34721300-1461182115.jpg

This isn't a full review of Santa Fe Steak as I've only had one meal there.  I've read and heard there's better value for money to be had by taking one of the pork, fish or pasta specials.  

There's no problem in eating under 300 baht at Santa Fe Steak.  The "good" rating is a bit more difficult.  If we only have two categories, good and bad,  there's no question it would be good because it's not bad.  But if we get more sophisticated and imagine three ratings - good, acceptable and bad - then the weakness of the sides would pull it down to the acceptable category.

post-9139-0-61972600-1461182117.jpg

A little trivia.  You have to love how Google translates one of the sentences from Santa Fe Steak's Web site: "Elephant soft aroma were still taste the steak like no other."  That's a blurb I couldn't resist.

Evil

devil.gif

Edited by Evil Penevil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

Love your write ups Evil, Like mini TR

Same for me, they are actual reviews of named restaurants and that's the only reason I follow it, for reviews..

The best place for me in Pattaya is Aroy Dee second Rd near Soi 8. prices are very good could easily eat for under 300 Bath. Have been eating there on majority of my trips for the last 3-4 years now. Staff have remained the same over this time, very friendly and food is always fresh and tasty.

They must be doing something right,went there to eat a couple of times on last trip (jan 2016) could not get a seat in evening 8/9pm. On a side note ended up at Yiam opposite side of new plaza,was ok and under 300b if memory serves me right.