IGNORED

Under 300 Baht ... And Good! (updated for 2024)

Evil Penevil

Still 300 is quite high with no drinks, side orders. It even brings the Butchers and Sportsman into play

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

One more suggestion that comes via a friend on another board:  Aroi on the Darkside.  It has a Sunday buffet for 299 baht.

I visited Aroi in June of last year and wasn't much impressed with the Sunday buffet.  However, it has improved greatly since then, according to recent reports.  I'll pay it a return visit after Songkran.

I've been there several times and there's nothing wrong with it for the price.

They also do a similar buffet on Wednesday evening, and all-you-can-eat mussels and salad on Friday evening.

I recently read elsewhere  that if you pay under 300 baht for a Western meal in Pattaya, you get garbage.  I consider that statement both unfair and uninformed.

Indeed. A stupid comment.

99% of the meals I eat here cost less than 300B (many cost less than 200B) and there is nothing wrong with them at all. In fact there are so many such places here (several hundred, if not several thousand) it would be impossible to list them all.

Yes if one want a challange you shall go with western meals under 50 or 100, I can still find it but it is harder, but I guess the thread would be shorter then.

Edited by VFV

Indeed. A stupid comment.

Yes, a very stupid comment from a particularly stupid individual,  He could put all he knows about food and restaurants in Pattaya in a thimble and still have room for his dick.

99% of the meals I eat here cost less than 300B (many cost less than 200B) and there is nothing wrong with them at all. In fact there are so many such places here (several hundred, if not several thousand) it would be impossible to list them all.

Very true, there are too many restaurants that offer acceptable Western food for under 300 baht to name all of them. There are several hundred in central Pattaya alone.

Yes if one want a challange you shall go with western meals under 50 or 100, I can still find it but it is harder, but I guess the thread would be shorter then.

Wow, it would truly be impressive if you're able to find Western meals for 50 or 100 baht.

Evil.

Edited by Evil Penevil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

Seaside does a ham and cheese omlette for about 80 baht but it is what you pay for. Wombat Bar used to do a 65 baht beef stew which wasn't bad but they have raised it to 100, also try Thips third rd and pattaya klang. Again what you pay for

Rick man poor man has lots and lots of killer meals under 300

Good stuff. My fav has to be Pitini, never had a bad meal there.

Where is Cafe Pitini? That frontage looks familiar, but could be anywhere. Is it on the Poon?

"Look up, laugh loud, talk big, keep the color in your cheek and the fire in your eye, adorn your person, maintain your health, your beauty and your animal spirits." -William Hazlitt

Where is Cafe Pitini? That frontage looks familiar, but could be anywhere. Is it on the Poon?

It's on Soi Bukhao, not far from LK Metro.

Captureccc.jpg

The Songkran water-tossing madness will put a crimp in my restaurant visits over the next five or six days, but here's a reminder of the kind of specials you'll find at many restaurants that serve farang food.  I/ve never eaten at IRovers, so I can't comment on its food, but the price is reasonable, although cheaper can be found.

post-9139-0-11046300-1460630476.jpg

Evil

devil.gif

Have not got any pictures,but most if not all main meals at palmers bar on pattayaland 2 come in at under 300b (mince and mash is/was 175b) not saying it`s the best or cheapest but has been in business for at least 28 years (,not same cook though lol) good English food,the fact he caters for a lot of the parties round the town,says in all imo.

Have not got any pictures,but most if not all main meals at palmers bar on pattayaland 2 come in at under 300b (mince and mash is/was 175b) not saying it`s the best or cheapest but has been in business for at least 28 years (,not same cook though lol) good English food,the fact he caters for a lot of the parties round the town,says in all imo.

The ham and cheese toasties are how much now?

After a skin full,they could charge 1500 and I would still order them.

Fond memories of sat in Palmers after a night out.

Yeah,home base for me for a number of years,not sure on the toasties price wise,but would guess at 75/80b? Nice bloke is Mr Bob,  in his seventies now,but still in the game.

Yeah,home base for me for a number of years,not sure on the toasties price wise,but would guess at 75/80b? Nice bloke is Mr Bob,  in his seventies now,but still in the game.

We were sitting at The Shack one morning with Tom,the old owner.

Friend of mine,his first trip,big old Canadian guy.6'3,240lbs.Played junior A hockey,big dude.

Waitress came over to deliver Toms meal and we decided to order.

He points at the breakfasts and says "2 numbers 4's"

She looks at him,you want number 2 or number 4?

"2 number 4's"lolol.

You could see where this was going.

Tom loved it.

Brought him two number fours on two,plates.hahaha.

We figured it was going to kill her to try and explain two number fours on the one plate.

Does the shack still have his menu Skalli?or do they have there own? I would have to shout up Sue`s place opposite palmers as well for their Mexcian food,but not sure on prices and never had any last trip. (Jan 2016)

Does the shack still have his menu Skalli?or do they have there own? I would have to shout up Sue`s place opposite palmers as well for their Mexcian food,but not sure on prices and never had any last trip. (Jan 2016)

Mate they should do.Theyve never put in a kitchen.

Heads up on Sues too.

I think you told me the Parrot has moved to Sues,havnt been yet but will next trip.

Mate they should do.Theyve never put in a kitchen.

Heads up on Sues too.

I think you told me the Parrot has moved to Sues,havnt been yet but will next trip.

The cook from the parrot moved,into Sue`s place and still there ,as far as i know, no clue to the size of the menu though.

Lets not forget mcdonalds KFC burger king....always busy and liked by many! :Grin3:

Yes, a very stupid comment from a particularly stupid individual,  He could put all he knows about food and restaurants in Pattaya in a thimble and still have room for his dick.

Very true, there are too many restaurants that offer acceptable Western food for under 300 baht to name all of them. There are several hundred in central Pattaya alone.

Wow, it would truly be impressive if you're able to find Western meals for 50 or 100 baht.

Evil.

Not hard at all, all over the place, can not belivie you have miss it. Kebabs.;)

• Like 2

some stuff from rich man poor man, all under 300 or very close

everything excellent every-time.   ribs for lunch today, outstanding

attachicon.gifappetizer poppers.JPG

Think I answered my own question when I saw the photo title in the quoted text (appetizer poppers), but what are those little round fried things?  

Whatever they are, they look pretty damn good!

GREAT thread, EP!  Thanks for starting it!

Where is Cafe Pitini? That frontage looks familiar, but could be anywhere.

april 10 004 (Custom).JPG

opposite At-All (sign is above) on buakoaw and near soi 21 where PP massage is

jan 23 006 (Custom).JPG

• Like 2

Think I answered my own question when I saw the photo title in the quoted text (appetizer poppers), but what are those little round fried things?  

Whatever they are, they look pretty damn good!

GREAT thread, EP!  Thanks for starting it!

jalapeno poppers.  if on a computer just hover mouse over picture and a simple description comes up.  huge menu in that place and always good

Great topic !

The Fry Day place in new plaza also does an excellent rotisserie chicken + fries which was only 150 baht I think, big portion of cooked but still juicy chicken and nice fries.

Very tasty and filling.

I hope this topic continues and that the prices of all meals are provided and actual description of them.

Thank you for starting this.

I have edited my post as the topic is specifically about meals under 300 baht and I admit presumptuously perhaps, that both the price and a an actual description of the foods taste is as important, if not far more so than just pictures.

I apologise for adding this but the topic, as the OP  specifically stated I think is an excellent one and mean no offence to anyone by doing so. 

Balee

Edited by Balee

I have edited my post as the topic is specifically about meals under 300 baht and I admit presumptuously perhaps, that both the price and a an actual description of the foods taste is as important, if not far more so than just pictures.

I apologise for adding this but the topic, as the OP  specifically stated I think is an excellent one and mean no offence to anyone by doing so. 

Thank you for your comment. It's always good to get feedback. I'm sure no offence will be taken.

The Songkran water tossing has kept me indoors more than usual, so I was thinking of making a list of the good "under 300 baht"  Western restaurants.  Howver, the list of restaurants where you can eat farang food that costs less than 300 baht and isn't garbage would run to at least 95% of all restaurants in Pattaya that serve Western food.  The qualifier "good" could narrow the list considerably, but there will always be disagreement over what's good and what isn't.

In addition to the suggestions of specific restaurants - and that's been very helpful for me-, the main point to take away from this thread is that there are hundreds of restaurants in Pattaya that offer Western food  and where you can eat well for less than 300 baht. The choice is broad and spans many types of Western cuisine: French, British, Italian, American, Australian, Mexican, German, Dutch, Scandinavian, etc. 

With both women and food, the options are almost limitless in Pattaya.  What's undeniably garbage is the statement that Western meals under 300 baht are garbage.

Evil

devil.gif

Edited by Evil Penevil