Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Under 300 Baht ... And Good! (updated for 2024)

Evil Penevil

On 19/03/2021 at 18:17, Evil Penevil said:

I know a lot of BMs are interested in breakfast deals.  The mega breakfast at Nicky's for 195 baht looks to put more food (and calories) on the plate at a lower price than any other restaurant in Pattaya.Ewm0KeKXMAA7cd3.jpg.239cfd0e93befccabf0998e18342e352.jpg

The pic above is from a Twitter post. 

Somebody help me out - what is the white-ish concoction with carrots on the right side of the plate? Is it bubble and squeak?

That plate looks like a LONG nap waiting to happen....but, after dieting for months on end, I'm intrigued! 5555

7 minutes ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Somebody help me out - what is the white-ish concoction with carrots on the right side of the plate? Is it bubble and squeak?

I would call it a variation on Bubble & Squeak.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

This is a meal I have had many times down the years. Its the Thursday special at Tropicals on Darkside. 195B.

Glad to report, still good. Cottage pie,

thumbnail_IMG_6402.jpg

On 25/03/2021 at 22:43, Luv2Phuket said:

That plate looks like a LONG nap waiting to happen....but, after dieting for months on end, I'm intrigued! 5555

Yeah mate it’s likely Bubble although as Leo Bia says a “variation”.

Bubble n Squeak was traditionally a “left overs” thing. Often from Sunday lunch veggies. These days it seems to be more standard but it can vary place to place, day to day.

Put it this way when I was a young kid I knew exactly what I was getting for tea on Sundays, usually just on its own, and it would never be the same two weeks running. Bad news was it had all the things I had avoided from the Sunday roast 🤣🤣

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

• 3 months later...

This is probably the tastiest roast beef sandwich I've ever had, top quality ingredients, and I think a bargain at 299.

Screenshot_2022_02_17_09_25_12@2x.jpg

Edited by Syco
  • Like 5

On 25/03/2021 at 23:43, Luv2Phuket said:

Edited by onehunglo
read the wrong post

On 09/11/2021 at 12:55, jimboh said:

Cottage pie,

never seen Baked Beans with a cottage pie before ! normally they serve it in a pie dish with the potato on top , saves on washing another dish I suppose 55555

3 hours ago, onehunglo said:

never seen Baked Beans with a cottage pie before ! normally they serve it in a pie dish with the potato on top , saves on washing another dish I suppose 55555

You get to chose, baked beans, peas, boiled veg, whatever you want.

• Like 2

Spaghetti Carbonara at the Craft Cottage in LK Metro is one of the best in town for 159 baht.

80E599C4-67B6-4B09-8564-FA00D0CD239B.jpeg

On 17/02/2022 at 09:28, Syco said:

This is probably the tastiest roast beef sandwich I've ever had, top quality ingredients, and I think a bargain at 299

Great tip mate. Although I'm in a bit of a food coma now. 

For anyone interested. This item is not on the menu. The lady had to go check if it's available. Get in there now :)

• Like 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

24 minutes ago, Thomaz73 said:

Great tip mate. Although I'm in a bit of a food coma now. 

For anyone interested. This item is not on the menu. The lady had to go check if it's available. Get in there now :)

Yes, one problem with Robin Hood is that they have a lot of dishes that don't appear on their printed menu, for some reason.

I had to show the waitress the RH facebook page with a pic of the dish , and she immediately found it on the iPad that they take the orders from the customers on. Another favourite of mine is the Guinness pie, it's also not on their printed menu, but I've always been able to get it, when asked, but had to show the waitress the dish on FB .

Edited by Syco
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Syco said:

Another favourite of mine is the Guinness pie,

Stake and Guinness potted pie is awesome, got to wait about 30min 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Thomaz73 said:

This item is not on the menu.

Before, they had a plasticized A4 sheet with all their specials on.

12 minutes ago, jimboh said:

Before, they had a plasticized A4 sheet with all their specials on.

Yes they still have that, but there are still plenty of dishes that seem only to only be on their Facebook page.

I’m going to mention it to the Falang manager the next time I’m there.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, jimboh said:

Stake and Guinness potted pie is awesome, got to wait about 30min 

Yes you do need to wait, but it’s so good I don’t mind.

• Like 3

• Harry Brown changed the title to Under 300 Baht ... And Good! (updated for 2022)

The Nest ( old Robins Nest ), 199baht lasagna and chips on special every Tuesday & Thursday. 
Very good tasty meal, in a nice newly renovated place.

41AA6F96-DDC7-4E69-B6EC-F21AA82B3C04.jpeg

Edited by Syco

28 minutes ago, Syco said:

The Nest ( old Robins Nest ), 199baht lasagna and chips

I'm struggling with chips as a lasagna side. Looks good, though, thanks! 

1 hour ago, Syco said:

The Nest ( old Robins Nest ), 199baht lasagna and chips on special every Tuesday & Thursday. 

Looks great and decent portions too at that special price.

Have they totally changed the interior there then?? As was all set up as a British style pub grub place with lots tv screens for all the sports.

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

1 minute ago, stickyfingers said:

Looks great and decent portions too at that special price.

Have they totally changed the interior there then?? As was all set up as a British style pub grub place with lots tv screens for all the sports.

The place has been completely gutted, and everything inside is totally new. It's very much still a British pub themed place, with a lot of screens, all playing different sports.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Syco said:

Soi Dianna ? Near Nemos ?

Regards, Atlas.

Just now, Thomaz73 said:

Yes indeed. 

Thanks

Regards, Atlas.

19 minutes ago, Atlas said:

Soi Dianna ? Near Nemos ?

yes. soi diana just short of  buakaow left side walking from second road

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Syco said:

Had this earlier - substituted the salad and chips for steamed veg - personally I did not rate it - but for the money its ok - part of it was piping hot other parts not so hot....