Jump to content
Evil Penevil

Under 300 Baht ... And Good! (updated for 2020)

Recommended Posts

article22

Just tried Mr Pho with friends and in general it got the thumbs down from my German and Thai friends.

None of them had been to Vietnam though, I quite liked the Pho but it didn't have much in it, far more filling in Vietnam imo but the stock was tasty.

Would give the place a 6.5...place is nice, staff are good, food needs more work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kreggerz
1 hour ago, article22 said:

Just tried Mr Pho with friends and in general it got the thumbs down from my German and Thai friends.

None of them had been to Vietnam though, I quite liked the Pho but it didn't have much in it, far more filling in Vietnam imo but the stock was tasty.

Would give the place a 6.5...place is nice, staff are good, food needs more work.

I've been eating two dishes. The prices are cheap enough. Like a bowl of Pho and a bun bowl or a bowl of Pho and the shrimp platter. They have large and smaller Pho but not much difference in portion really. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Evil Penevil

Some pages from the menu at Tigglebitties:

D-_Tigglebitties_New-folder_18.jpg

D-_Tigglebitties_New-folder_19.jpg

D-_Tigglebitties_New-folder_20.jpg

D-_Tigglebitties_New-folder_21.jpg

And a few more specials:

Untitled-6.jpg

Untitled-7.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davidge

The review a couple of posts up just shows the different tastes that people have and why it must be very difficult to run a restaurant in Pattaya to suit everyone’s tastes. There is literally nothing in the pics in the review that I would even consider eating, yet I’m sure plenty of people would think it’s all great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Taa_Saparot
4 hours ago, davidge said:

The review a couple of posts up just shows the different tastes that people have and why it must be very difficult to run a restaurant in Pattaya to suit everyone’s tastes. There is literally nothing in the pics in the review that I would even consider eating, yet I’m sure plenty of people would think it’s all great.

I always try to look at these reviews, while keeping in mind that the photography is not going to be very professional, and probably not showing the food at its best.

Edited by Taa_Saparot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jiz
8 minutes ago, Taa_Saparot said:

I always try to look at these reviews, while keeping in mind that the photography is not going to be very professional, and probably not showing the food at its best.

Turning off the flash helps allot. 

My iPhone takes incredible shots, even in low light. 

I’ve taken food shots with $20,000 worth pro equipment and the smartphone shots look nearly as good these days. 

How do they do it I wonder?

E552B9B6-50F4-4B2C-BC64-078F3C5154C9.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Evil Penevil
21 minutes ago, jiz said:

Turning off the flash helps allot. 

My iPhone takes incredible shots, even in low light. 

I’ve taken food shots with $20,000 worth pro equipment and the smartphone shots look nearly as good these days. 

How do they do it I wonder?

I believe the main reason is the improvement in smart phone sensor size and technology. The human eye can't discern the differences above certain resolutions when the photos are viewed on a  screen.  

The CEO  of Canon said in a recent interview that the use of smart phones for photography will reduce the market for digital cameras by 50% in two years. Link   Compact cameras and low-end DSLRs are most threatened by smart phones.  

Evil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luv2Phuket
38 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

I believe the main reason is the improvement in smart phone sensor size and technology. The human eye can't discern the differences above certain resolutions when the photos are viewed on a  screen.  

The CEO  of Canon said in a recent interview that the use of smart phones for photography will reduce the market for digital cameras by 50% in two years. Link   Compact cameras and low-end DSLRs are most threatened by smart phones.  

Evil

I don't think I even brought my Canon S100 on my last few trips, and I haven't used it in Pattaya for quite a while -- my iPhone 8 takes great photos and I'm always gonna have it on me.

That said, the S100 takes some great photos, and I'm thinking seriously of going back to it on this trip.

FWIW, I was just at the annual AVN/porn show in Las Vegas, and there were a LOT of "mobile phone photographers," although there were also a bunch of guys with SERIOUS rigs!  I was talking to a friend (Marica Hase), and a guy asked me to take some photos of him and her.  Simple point and shoot, but it was quite a rig -- must've weighed 5+ lbs with flash and all!  Much easier when someone just handed me their iPhone!  555

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kabal2018

Easy Health on 3rd Road just across from LK President serves up flavorful healthy food at reasonable prices. Portions are also big surprisingly. I had a great teriyaki bowl filled with edamame.

78ca1667efd151c231ddacb7da60266e.jpg.

I returned for breakfast and a take on a breakfast burrito. It had all the right flavours and healthy to boot.

acd511225cba1c51a35ac187b6083691.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Evil Penevil

Full-frame professional cameras have the edge when it comes to photographs intended for reproduction in print media or which will be enlarged for signs, billboards, etc.   That's when the resolution is crucial.  But for casual viewing on a computer screen, smart phones will give almost the same result.

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jimboh

I mention this place and this dish a few years ago and glad to report, it is still good.

Thursday special at Tropical on dark side, Cottage pie, chips and beans or peas.

At 195Baht, this good value, its a decent size portion and tasty also.

Indoor with A/C & outside seating, staff are well clued in. Always busy.

IMG_5608.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jimboh

Had breakfast today at Tropical, went for American style, 2 poached eggs, a generous portion of streaky, crispy bacon, hash brown, tomatoes, tea and toast for 180Baht, I did add beans at 40B extra.

Everything good

IMG_5674.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
artie1234

I concur, food and staff are definitely worth a try . Cheers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jimboh

Went to this German/Swiss style place on Darkside a few nights ago, on Soi pattanakarn, called Mickyes.

The menu was mainly Swiss style food, mainly pork dishes, not really my cup of tea, I did however spot Beef Goulash on the specials blackboard, at 249Baht, so I ordered it.

First came 2 pieces of bruschetta, and was good. Next up was a nice crispy fresh salad. Then the Beef dish arrived, beef was really good, came with fried potatoes, there were several choices for the potatoes.

A really nice meal, very good service, place is open air, missus had a Thai dish and said it was good, 120Baht plus 20B for rice.

IMG_5652.JPG

IMG_5653.JPG

IMG_5654.JPG

IMG_5656.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
macky
On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 09:40, jimboh said:

Had breakfast today at Tropical, went for American style, 2 poached eggs, a generous portion of streaky, crispy bacon, hash brown, tomatoes, tea and toast for 180Baht, I did add beans at 40B extra.

Everything good

IMG_5674.JPG

A pound to add beans  So 220 baht for that That works out over a fiver for a breakfast with streak bacon 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jimboh

Yes. A tin of beans(not those disgusting Thai ones) is about 65Baht and I reckon there was almost half a tin, nothing worse than getting a spoonful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kane666
14 minutes ago, jimboh said:

Yes. A tin of beans(not those disgusting Thai ones) is about 65Baht and I reckon there was almost half a tin, nothing worse than getting a spoonful.

Location for Tropical please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stubby
On 28/01/2019 at 18:30, Evil Penevil said:

D-_Tigglebitties_New-folder_01.jpg

Tigglebitties Tavern is an American restaurant that serves mainstream U.S. food; Tex-Mex and Mexican-inspired  dishes; and Thai food.  It's located on Soi 17 (aka Soi Regional Land) about five minutes' walk south of the intersection with 3rd Road and ten minutes' walk from Tukcom. Agree Evil i have always had good food here.

Edited by stubby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jebb
17 hours ago, jimboh said:

Went to this German/Swiss style place on Darkside a few nights ago, on Soi pattanakarn, called Mickyes.

The menu was mainly Swiss style food, mainly pork dishes, not really my cup of tea, I did however spot Beef Goulash on the specials blackboard, at 249Baht, so I ordered it.

First came 2 pieces of bruschetta, and was good. Next up was a nice crispy fresh salad. Then the Beef dish arrived, beef was really good, came with fried potatoes, there were several choices for the potatoes.

A really nice meal, very good service, place is open air, missus had a Thai dish and said it was good, 120Baht plus 20B for rice.

IMG_5652.JPG

IMG_5653.JPG

IMG_5654.JPG

IMG_5656.JPG

Soi Pattanakarn. Where is that Jimbo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dh842
On ‎28‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 05:30, Evil Penevil said:

D-_Tigglebitties_New-folder_09.jpg

Evil

Is that a shuffleboard I see there?

That's a true piece of Americana if so. They're even becoming rare here in the states.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Evil Penevil
8 hours ago, dh842 said:

Is that a shuffleboard I see there?

That's a true piece of Americana if so. They're even becoming rare here in the states.

Yup, it's a shuffleboard table. And you're right about it being Americana, shuffleboard in one form or another has been played in America since early Colonial times.   Competitive shuffleboard reached its peak in the 1950s.  It just can't compete with the games on Xbox.

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jimboh
2 hours ago, Jebb said:

Soi Pattanakarn. Where is that Jimbo?

Its a road that connects Soi Nuparbwarn with Soi 89-I think, its got those green funky lights about 20m apart. If you come way up Nuparbwarn, turn right about 500m before the Temple.

There are now lots of little bars now on this road, along with several restaurants. Tara school also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jimboh
19 hours ago, kane666 said:

Location for Tropical please?

Soi Khao Noi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • COVID-19

    Any posts or topics which the moderation team deems to be rumours/speculatiom, conspiracy theory, scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed - as will BMs repeatedly doing so. Existing rules also apply.

  • Advertise on Pattaya Addicts

    Thai Friendly

    Pattaya News

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.