IGNORED

ford fiesta sport..2011

secret tom

the car has done 135000 kilometres...when should the cambelt be changed and the rough cost to do it...

i think it should have been done..but try telling that to a thai...they just wont listen

the car has done 135000 kilometres...when should the cambelt be changed and the rough cost to do it...

i think it should have been done..but try telling that to a thai...they just wont listen

You mean the timing belt? 100,000 Kms tops!!!

You mean the timing belt? 100,000 Kms tops!!!

yes timing belt  lol...over songkran it will do another 5k....told them get ti changed ..typical thai..dont matain...lol

some engines you can break the belt no problem othes you wreck the valve

Ford Dealer should do it..Break the Belt the Valves plow into the Piston tops and there goes your Motor..Shot 100%..If there Too busy take it to Most Shops and insist they change it...10 Minute Job but saves a Bundle of Headaches

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

Small job but serious repercusssions if not caught early, as said 60-65000 miles 100k max

Any decent mechanic will be able to do it

Timing belt / cam belt same same

Small job but serious repercusssions if not caught early, as said 60-65000 miles 100k max

Any decent mechanic will be able to do it

Timing belt / cam belt same same

Small job on a Ford Fiesta and not expensive. But as pointed out if the timing belt goes.....big baht!

On my mid engine 'toy' the whole engine has to be dropped.......cost me AU$7,000+ to replace the TB and hoses.

Are you sure it's a timing belt? Some of them are timing chains. Timing chains basically don't ever need to be done.

Are you sure it's a timing belt? Some of them are timing chains. Timing chains basically don't ever need to be done.

The OP specifically spoke of a "cambelt".

Have been doing some googling......recommendation is definitely before 100,000 Kms .....guess ST has been lucky.

Found this in a blog somewhere...

"Uncle has a Fiesta... Fords called up him after his service and said he should be thinking of booking his Fiesta in for a cambelt - its done 51000 miles..."

Just tell them to change it ST.....you may be driving on thin ice.

Oh right. So you know everything. I'll shut up. Sorry to try to help. How wrong I was.

• 1 year later...

the belt should be changed at a specific no of Km.if you have no service history or even if you have a phone call to say ford  pattaya,where they speak good english. should give you the answer   

On 2016-4-9 at 0:08 PM, happy888 said:

Small job on a Ford Fiesta and not expensive. But as pointed out if the timing belt goes.....big baht!

On my mid engine 'toy' the whole engine has to be dropped.......cost me AU$7,000+ to replace the TB and hoses.

Same for me. £40 to buy the belt, £1800 labour to drop the motor....plus the cost of the rest of the service. Oh yeah, its got to be done every 2 years regardless of kilometers sir.

• 1 month later...
On 6/11/2017 at 7:19 PM, Kim Jong Il said:

Same for me. £40 to buy the belt, £1800 labour to drop the motor....plus the cost of the rest of the service. Oh yeah, its got to be done every 2 years regardless of kilometers sir.

Never heard that .I always done it on milage only .Had one go on a Ford Cortina ( UK ) years ago ,( s/h car milage not certified )  but no engine damage .Recently an acquaintance had one go on a Fiesta and it ruined the engine .

Archived