Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Transport option U-Tapao to pattaya

Ringer

Hi all.I would like some help on current options and costs on transport U-Tapao -Pattaya -  U-Tapao   Thanks all.

Same taxis in the 1000 posts here about taxis to BKK. Just not as far.

I took a mini bus from UTP to my hotel doorstep in Pattaya a few days ago, hawkers will direct you to the counter to pay 250 baht but you many have to wait until everyone on your flight in has cleared out or until the mini bus is full before it leaves. I have read quotes of 800 baht for a taxi if you pre-book, 900 to 1000 if you book on the spot at UTP.

Next time I will take the mini bus TO UTP as I can wait in the comfort of my hotel for the mini bus to arrive, then take a private car/taxi FROM UTP to Pattaya so I don't have to wait around for the mini bus to fill.

Previously I've used both modes of transport, clearly taxi is much more desirable to the extent I would not consider the van (with its multiple collections or drop offs)anymore.

Baby-1.gif

any contact for minibus pickup in Pattaya for trip to airport

Sorry, I don't. I took my outbound trip from Swampy. However, I do see UTP listed on the common mini bus rate sheets, rate sheet with dozens of destinations (swampy, day trips to the zoo, etc.)  you see at hotels. Listed to UTP at 250-300 baht. I think most travel agents in town can hook you up but I don't have specific information.

for the sake of 500baht I seriously wouldn't bother. its about 40 mins down the road the mini bus will go around all the hotels picking people up. Extending the journey time quite a lot.

Don't know of any on internet but once you are on the ground in pattaya very easy to arrange a minibus if you need to.  Just go to any travel agent or even possible can be arranged via your hotel

for the sake of 500baht I seriously wouldn't bother. its about 40 mins down the road the mini bus will go around all the hotels picking people up. Extending the journey time quite a lot.

Don't know of any on internet but once you are on the ground in pattaya very easy to arrange a minibus if you need to.  Just go to any travel agent or even possible can be arranged via your hotel. 

Sure why not a shared ride, you and I both have extra time on our hands. You had time to write a post that added nothing to the thread.

Take a short tour around Pats, for the sake of the mini bus company, they don't go far out of route to/from the airport. We did a cut through on the way in, I saw a section of town I had not seen in years. Using UTP will likely be a short regional trip like to Kuala Lampur or such.  Two hour flight, not a hard day of travel. I have extra time and save enough money to pay for both my breakfast and lunch in the process.

Last time I landed in Utapao there were no minibuses and all the little travel kiosks were closed. May be safer to book a taxi unless you are sure the bus will be there.

Archived